Switch to Forum Live View The Commands of Men, or God?
6 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2008 - 3:36PM #1
wayfarer
That’s the central question posed by a new book ― The Commands of Men; Why the Republican Party is So Wrong, According to God’s Word, Law and New Covenant ― released by Wayfarer Press (http://www.wayfarerbooks.com/more_books.html), LLC, Union Lake, MI for campaign season 2008.

While the candidates and parties wrangle over everything imaginable, this book seeks to specifically address which party comes closer to genuine Christianity in its culture and public policies, and is, therefore, the better choice for Christian voters and others of good conscience.

The book begins with the central premise that the Republican Party ― which is the more overtly Christian party ― is not, in fact, adhering to the most important priorities and imperatives of Christianity, but, rather, prioritizes “the commands of men.”  Therefore, it is actually the less-overtly-Christian Democratic Party that comes closer to God’s most important priorities and imperatives, based on the party’s philosophies and public policies.

The book is a tool for Democrats, but it’s actually a “workbook” (with more than 400 questions) written as an invitation and a “challenge” for Republicans.  While there are thousands of books on Christianity, the book fills the need for something that “throws down the gauntlet,” in a manner of speaking, so as to elicit a response and engage Christian Republicans in such a discourse and debate.

Whether Democrat, Republican or Independent, this book helps readers to sort it all out, put it in perspective, examine it, weigh it, and reach a decision.  No person of good conscience should cast a ballot without first reading this book.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2008 - 8:09PM #2
Omarkhayyam
I would rather NOT have the support of religious fanatics. In time we may well come to regret it. Rather like inviting a snake to children's birthday party. Seems like innocent fun - until the snake turns on you.
This is OZ? I want back to KS.

What was it? Click your heels together 3 times and say - what??
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2008 - 8:09PM #3
Omarkhayyam
I would rather NOT have the support of religious fanatics. In time we may well come to regret it. Rather like inviting a snake to children's birthday party. Seems like innocent fun - until the snake turns on you.
This is OZ? I want back to KS.

What was it? Click your heels together 3 times and say - what??
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook