Page 92 of 92  •  Prev 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92
Switch to Forum Live View The DMZ BAR & GRILL
5 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2009 - 2:23PM #911
Agnosticspirit

Mylons, remember when we were talking about all the stickies in this forum? I demoted one of the help threads from sticky but don't have the heart to unstick this thread since it's your baby... I'll leave it to you.

Your co-host,

agnosticspirit

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2009 - 5:39PM #912
Mlyons619

Apr 24, 2009 -- 2:23PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Mylons, remember when we were talking about all the stickies in this forum? I demoted one of the help threads from sticky but don't have the heart to unstick this thread since it's your baby... I'll leave it to you.

Your co-host,

agnosticspirit

Yes, yes, we talked about it.  And we agreed...

I do not find this at all pleasant.

We've had a DMZ thread for as long as I've been at BNET.

It seems that the clientele prefer the raucous atmosphere of an "Ad Hom Saloon" to the purely social DMZ Bar & Grill.  It has been well over a month since any posts have been made on it.  In fact, it was ME who made it's last post.  Once upon a time it did not NEED a sticky to stay at the top of the board, but, alas, I suppose it's time to say, "goodnight."

mlyons619
A very saddened co-host
"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2009 - 1:07PM #913
Agnosticspirit

Apr 25, 2009 -- 5:39PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

Apr 24, 2009 -- 2:23PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Your co-host,

agnosticspirit

Yes, yes, we talked about it.  And we agreed...

I do not find this at all pleasant.

We've had a DMZ thread for as long as I've been at BNET.

It seems that the clientele prefer the raucous atmosphere of an "Ad Hom Saloon" to the purely social DMZ Bar & Grill.  It has been well over a month since any posts have been made on it.  In fact, it was ME who made it's last post.  Once upon a time it did not NEED a sticky to stay at the top of the board, but, alas, I suppose it's time to say, "goodnight."

mlyons619
A very saddened co-host

I know, Mylons.... I think not everyone understands the difference between the DMZ and the Saloon.... I wish the layout on this new platform were a little more flexible so hosts could be listed at the bottom and announcements would appear at the very top, similar to the old platform. Then we wouldn't have the need to remove old friends and comfortable havens.... :(

( hugs )

your co-host

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 03, 2009 - 6:08PM #914
Mlyons619

Fodaoson was looking for a political-and-snark-free zone where he could sit and enjoy a virtual beer.  He tried to find a peaceful place to sit in the Ad Hom Saloon, but political rants drove him into the rain.

WELL FODAOSON, THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO.

The Ad Hom Saloon is a fine place for getting rants off your chests.  Folks DO go there for occasional social chats, but must frequently duck when chairs get thrown tho.

WELL NO POLITICAL CHAIR-THROWING IN HERE.  JUST FRIENDLY, GET-TO-KNOW-YOUR-FELLOW-POSTERS TYPE SOCIALIZING.

The DMZ BAR & GRILL was one wrecking ball blow away from oblivion.  It lost its sticky because nobody was visiting the place.   But mebbe now folks will remember why this establishment was set up in the first place, and come visit it more.

At least I hope so.

Your virtual cold drink is waiting for ya fodaoson -- don't let it get warm...

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 92 of 92  •  Prev 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook