Page 1 of 92  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 92 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The DMZ BAR & GRILL
7 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2007 - 3:28AM #1
Marysara722
Hi Everyone! ;)

This is the new version of the old DMZ Cafe Thread now that we have a whole new Beliefnet Community.
But same as before, this thread is for the No-Politics/No-Spin Zone peaceful "time-out" zone instead where we all leave our individual politics at-the-door.

So enjoy the new view, and start posting some idle "Chit-Chat" and get this thread moving!

Ciao for now Darlings!

MSara
B-Net Community Host
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2007 - 5:31AM #2
whirlinggal
As the founder of the original DMZ I'm saddened to see the title discarded.

As the founder of the original DMZ I'm happy to see the tradition of a politics-free and conflict-free chat area continue.

I hope the new version is as successful as the original was.

WGal polishes the bar even though it is blindingly shiny and clean.

She straightens the tables and then pulls a cold bottle of sparkling water out from the small bar refrig.

WGal sits down at  her usual table in the window. She opens the bottle of sparkling water, puts her feet up on the table and waits for the passing parade to begin outside the big new window.

I'll wait and break out the champagne when I'm joined by friends old and new.

WGal watches the transit of the Pleiades as it floats across the clear night sky.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2007 - 8:23AM #3
stevegraywolf
Wow!
So Whirlingal....this may just be an omen....
You came up with the original name..you change your name..the thread name changes....hmmm
So you caused this!
I'd like to sit with ya...talk over the years we've been here.
Alot of words have passed between you and I and our contemporaries....alot.
I dont know if me showing up warrants champagne or not though...but I'll have whatever your having. Remember Yona? Those were the days...It was amazing to just be here and talk.
It was my birthday this weekend. It was strange cuz all my boys were with me last night. Before now, they would ask me a week after "holy crap dad..wasnt it  your birthday last week?"
This year they took me to dinner..gave me two beautiful smoking pipes, tobacco, and the baddest Alvarez 12 string guitar I've ever seen...somehow they became men..and it really shows...weird..I'm in several moods all at once...kinda like listening to  Show Me by the Cure.
Life is one strange critter!
Steve.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 2:14AM #4
whirlinggal
Steve--Happy Birthday!

That's cool about your sons "suddenly" growing up.  :)

WGal pops the cork on a bottle of Dom Perignon--the champagne of champagnes.

She pours a glass for Steve and one for herself anf then raises her glass.

"Here's to Steve on his birthday. May he live long and prosper and have many many more!"
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 2:31AM #5
Marysara722

whirlinggal wrote:

As the founder of the original DMZ I'm saddened to see
the title discarded.

As the founder of the original DMZ I'm happy to see the tradition of a politics-free
and conflict-free chat area continue.

Hello Wgal (present WhirlingGal, former WritingGal),

Welcome to the Brand New U.S. NEWS & POLITICS forum. :D

With a newly remodeled Beliefnet Community Home with a brand new home-site,
with new windows decorated with nice airy curtains, fresh painted walls, all new
artwork on the walls, with all new furniture, new accessories, new lighting, new
flooring, new editing/posting tools, a whole new face-lift for our Profile Pages, etc.,
etc., etc., thus it warrants a new name change to our Brand New Caf

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 2:49AM #6
Marysara722
HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE!!! :D

"M'kay" ... so like the spelling of the name might be slightly off, but it's the best
I can come up with on such short notice. :p

So a Happy Belated Birthday to you from one of your dear co-hosts.
:)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 8:31AM #7
whirlinggal
MS--hi--yes of course--bring in the new. Challenging. Exciting. Fun.

But when watching the "old" being unceremoniously  tossed out the door it is natural to feel some sadness--grieving if you will--for what has gone before.

Human beings are complex buggers,  dontcha know?

P.S. Lordy, in the name of all that's holy, don't let Steve on that skateboard from the cake! Neither life nor limb will be safe around here.  :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 2:18PM #8
stitch813
Happy Birthday Steve!  I will lift a glass of champagne to your birthday and because you are here!  This is the best thread on the board to get to know those you are wrangling with no matter what the name is.  We are all so much more alike then the sum of our parts!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 2:33PM #9
ptbc
Happy Birthday Steve!

stitch, I saw your work in your profile....GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for sharing!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 2:44PM #10
stitch813
thanks ptbc, it really is what rocks my boat.  I make knit embroidered purses too maybe I"ll add some of them some time too.   I love the piece on your profile too.  Is it embroidered or drawn(I know you are an artist too)?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 92  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 92 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook