Switch to Forum Live View George Carlin on Church and State
6 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2008 - 12:30PM #1
sydneymoon
In memory of George Carlin I posted this elsewhere on B'net. I thought this appropriate here as well:

[B]“I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.”[/B]

“This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this:

Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen.”
Margaret Mead: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2008 - 12:56PM #2
Agnosticspirit
Let's add my siggie to the list of Church State quotes. He was one of  my favorite all time comedians and wordsmiths.
Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2008 - 1:56PM #3
sydneymoon

agnosticspirit wrote:

Let's add my siggie to the list of Church State quotes. He was one of my favorite all time comedians and wordsmiths.

Excellent suggestion!

Margaret Mead: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2008 - 9:48PM #4
Agnosticspirit
I like your new signature line sydneymoon! I always wondered what happened to the other penny too! :D
Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2008 - 1:45AM #5
TPaine

agnosticspirit wrote:

I like your new signature line sydneymoon! I always wondered what happened to the other penny too! :D

What? You never heard of sales tax? :D

The United States economy is like a poker game where the chips have become concentrated in fewer and fewer hands, and where the other fellows can stay in the game only by borrowing. When their credit runs out the game will stop. -- Marriner Eccles: Beckoning Frontiers (1951)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2008 - 1:03PM #6
Agnosticspirit

TPaine wrote:

What? You never heard of sales tax? :D

Wow TPaine, where I live the sales tax is ALWAYS more than just a penny! :rolleyes:

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2008 - 5:10PM #7
packerfan1978
[QUOTE=agnosticspirit;581721]Let's add my siggie to the list of Church State quotes. He was one of  my favorite all time comedians and wordsmiths.[/QUOTE]

I always thought he seemed like an unhappy alcoholic.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook