Switch to Forum Live View Iranian Hair Police?
6 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2008 - 12:10AM #1
etsryan
uh oh...?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080616/ap_ … _crackdown
Risen Lord Jesus' Peace!
e.t./sue ><:> *:D (: + 
Yesh!  www.muttscomics.com
www.chesterton.org
American Chesterton Society Conference-usually in St Paul, MN Mid-June, but the 2009 Conference is scheduled Aug. 6-8 in Seattle, WA - you go, West Coast...
Some of what Gilbert K. Chesterton says:
"To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it."
"I agree with the realistic Irishman who said he preferred to prophesy after the event."  (Happy St. Patrick's Day!)
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
"War is not 'the best way of settling differences; it is the only way of preventing their being settled for you."
"If there were no God, there would be no atheists."
"Once abolish the God, and the government becomes the God."
"Men are ruled, at this minute by the clock, by liars who refuse them news, and by fools who cannot govern."
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."
"You can never have a revolution in order to establish a democracy. You must have a democracy in order to have a revolution."
"A citizen can hardly distinguish between a tax and a fine, except that the fine is generally much lighter."
"Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
"There are some desires that are not desirable."
"Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions."
"Religious liberty might be supposed to mean that everybody is free to discuss religion. In practice it means that hardly anybody is allowed to mention it."
"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man."
"You cannot grow a beard in a moment of passion."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2008 - 11:19PM #2
Mlyons619
The Iranian Government seems to be acting more and more like the Taliban.
"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2008 - 12:31AM #3
rangerken
Islamist extremists are islamist extremists...they do differ in that some are out and out terrorists whereas others just want to have total control over every part of everyone's life regardless of whether someone believes their warped, understanding of Islam but aren't quite into outright murder...yet!.

Actually, I hope these crackpot mullahs go even farther off the deep end. Maybe that will get the Iranian people annoyed enough at them to get rid of them.

One can but hope.

My Muslim neighbors are a whole lot less polite about this crap than I am.

Ken
Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook