Page 7 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Why you should buy a SUV
6 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2008 - 1:33PM #61
BeerLover
[QUOTE=verdulo1;621310]Why is this thread talking about fitting 3 kids into a car without ever discussing the environmental effects of choosing to have 3 kids in the first place?

Here's a quiz for you -
Which one is better for the environment, 3 kids in a Prius or 1 kid in an SUV? (assuming they all fit safely)...

[/QUOTE]

I understand your point perfectly, Verdulo. If people are really, really concerned about running out of resources or global warming, the best solution would be to reduce the population of our species by a billion or two.  It's the elephant in the room in this discussion.  Yes, having fewer children does more to conserve our natural resources than buying the most fuel efficient car available, or even ditching the car completely.  Nothing like a good plague to reduce our "carbon footprint" eh?  Perhaps it's a bit barbaric to put it that way, but it is undeniably true a lot of environmental problems would simply go away if our population was reduced in half. 

Can increases in technology enable us to sustain a global population of 7 billion?  10 billion?  I don't know, its a good question.  Will we come up with cheap, clean alternative to petroleum energy in the next 20 years?  I certainly hope so. 

Live and let live.

BeerLover
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2008 - 3:19PM #62
Tmarie64
Next y'all will be talking about how we should just off people cuz they are old.
People are living longer.  That's not the fault of those of us who choose to have more than the one child that you people deem appropriate.
Why should people who want children be forced to curb their desires? 
Why can't those who are old and sucking up resources for no reason other than they happen to still be alive just go off, like the old ones did in ancient times, and die?  In ancient times when an old person was no longer benefiting the tribe, they went away to die and not be a burden.

And before any of you gets on your high horse, answer me this...How is that suggestion any more offensive than you all deciding what is "appropriate" for anyone but yourselves?

Now, before anyone gets all pissy with me... I DO NOT ADVOCATE OLD PEOPLE GOING OFF TO DIE OR BEING KILLED!!!!!    [COLOR=Black]
I just poised the question to make you see just how stupid it is to think that you have the right to say how many kids anyone, but you, should have.
[/COLOR]
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2008 - 4:17PM #63
Agnosticspirit
Tmarie, discussing something doesn't mean you're advocating it. :D And yes, your example demonstrates the "tyranny" of those who would presume to dictate what others should or shouldn't do in service to their cause.
Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2008 - 4:47PM #64
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Mortgage rates in Oz are rising because of careless housing choices in central North America. How we choose to live, affects others!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2008 - 2:44PM #65
verdulo1
Please see my new thread where I respond to some of the issues brought up here.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2008 - 3:25AM #66
Karma_yeshe_dorje
I find the world view over the high door frames, limited. This is especially problematic in high-rise car parks.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2008 - 11:35AM #67
brucely
Hi, this is brucely. I want to buy a SUV. Why means it has all the features that's why i want to buy that one.
================================================
brucely
Used Cars
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2008 - 1:26PM #68
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Choose a hybrid model.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2008 - 9:40PM #69
Sevrin
Has anybody seen the south park episode when Karls dad gets an SUV? bloody funny!
I was thinking about getting a hybred car but I might have to wait for the technology to get a bit better, as I have heard you cant drive them down dirt roads as it stuffs up the electrics or something like that, will have to reseach it a bit more.  Being a country girl I need a car that can be driven on dirt roads.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2008 - 9:40PM #70
Sevrin
Has anybody seen the south park episode when Karls dad gets an SUV? bloody funny!
I was thinking about getting a hybred car but I might have to wait for the technology to get a bit better, as I have heard you cant drive them down dirt roads as it stuffs up the electrics or something like that, will have to reseach it a bit more.  Being a country girl I need a car that can be driven on dirt roads.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook