Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Switch to Forum Live View Why you should buy a SUV
6 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2008 - 1:56AM #71
Karma_yeshe_dorje
G'day Sevrin:

[QUOTE]I was thinking about getting a hybred car[/QUOTE]I drive a Prius.

[QUOTE]you cant drive them down dirt roads as it stuffs up[/QUOTE]Everything is computerised! If a tyre slips on dirt, a warning light comes on.

[QUOTE]Being a country girl I need a car that can be driven on dirt roads.[/QUOTE][QUOTE]The RX 400h has also won a place in the hearts of outgoing Australians. Adaptive Front Headlights redirect around corners and advanced safety systems look out for your safety. Explore the vehicle that has taken the Luxury SUV to places its never been before.[/QUOTE]~Lexus Australia~
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2008 - 8:55PM #72
Sevrin
Hey Karma
Thanks for the new info on the hybred! I new the technology would catch up, so its great to see it all happening.

Oh I made a mistake to with south park  episode. Karl's dad gets a hybred not an SUV, all the same really funny episode.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2008 - 9:36AM #73
Karma_yeshe_dorje
G'day Sevrin:

[QUOTE]Thanks for the new info on the hybred![/QUOTE]When I was researching buying a fuel-efficient car, the only hybrid brands in Oz were Honda, Lexus & Toyota. I test-drove both the Honda Civic Hybrid and Toyota Prius. But Lexus was so far above my price ceiling, that I didn't bother going to a showroom. :(

There is also an Oz-registrable electric motor scooter. Vectrix Australia is in Port Melbourne.[QUOTE]The Vectrix maxi-scooter is fun to ride and easy to operate. Its top speed of 100 km/h and fast acceleration make it safe and easy to zip in and out of traffic. The onboard charger plugs into any standard electrical outlet to quickly charge the batteries, which provide up to 110 km of travel on a single charge. A low centre of gravity and stiff frame provide excellent handling, and the multi-function throttle allows riders to accelerate and slow down with a simple twist of the throttle.[/QUOTE]~Solar Shop~

[QUOTE]south park episode. Karl's dad gets a hybred[/QUOTE]Please would you find me a URL.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2008 - 6:46AM #74
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Something about fuel & loans....[QUOTE]Ford Motor Co said on Wednesday its U.S. sales fell an unadjusted 34.6 percent in September[/QUOTE]~Reuters~
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2008 - 8:18AM #75
Karma_yeshe_dorje
[QUOTE]a poor reputation for quality and an emphasis on building larger cars and four-wheel-drives at a time when the world is grappling with becoming more energy efficient.[/QUOTE]~Canberra Times~
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 26, 2008 - 3:45AM #76
Karma_yeshe_dorje
[QUOTE]GAS-GUZZLING Hummers and Cadillacs give the clear impression that General Motors and the rest of the US automobile industry couldn't give a damn about climate change.[/QUOTE]~New Scientist~
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2009 - 11:03AM #77
Karma_yeshe_dorje
«The Obama Administration effectively seized control of the companies – ousting General Motors’ chairman and chief executive and pushed Chrysler toward a merger – after finding that the carmakers’ own restructuring plans “did not establish a credible path to viability”.»

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/markets/united_states/article6003589.ece
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 19, 2009 - 1:06PM #78
Karma_yeshe_dorje
«US To Require That New Cars Get 42 MPG By 2016»

5.6 litres/hundred kilometres: that's pathetic! My Prius gets 5 litres/hundred kilometres (47 miles/US gallon) now!
:-(
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook