Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
6 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2008 - 1:57AM #121
SherriMunnerlyn
Ken and John_T_Mainer,

My comment was actually not intended to be personal to anyone. What I was addressing is what the US today represents. We show by our actions that we are a nation who has no respect or value for human life, when the life in question is not one of our own.  I do not see that as something to be proud of.

Each of you have principles you remain loyal and true to. You have made your choices, as we all must do. 

Regardless of the choices we have made as individuals and nations in the past, each day is a new day and we  make new choices. We do have the ability to change our policies as a nation and acts as individuals and take back the humanity we have lost, if we choose that option. We do not have to torture our enemies or falsely and unjustly imprison them or subject innocent civilians to indiscriminate or disproportionate attacks. We also have the ability to choose peace and not war, in regards to future potential conflicts and in regards to continuing or ending present conflicts. I continue to desire and pray that we do change our policies and choose diplomacy and peaceful methods of conflict resolution, instead of more wars. I also desire and pray that we stop our human rights abuses against our enemies and their civilian populations.

Sherri
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2008 - 6:55AM #122
Karma_yeshe_dorje
I agree, SherriMunnerlyn:

[QUOTE]what the US today represents. We show by our actions that we are a nation who has no respect or value for human life[/QUOTE]

This is what we think of your country.

[QUOTE]America is viewed unfavourably by 82 per cent of people in Arab countries, while US popularity has fallen 45 per cent in Indonesia and 27 per cent in the UK.

The report says the record low in international approval is because of US policies such as the invasion of Iraq and practices such as torture and rendition.

In the Muslim world, President George W Bush is more disliked than Israeli leaders, and there is widespread belief that the US is using the war on terror as a cover for attempts to destroy Islam.[/QUOTE]~ABC~
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2008 - 10:26AM #123
arabianwitch
Next time Indonesia needs assistance due to a tsunami perhaps we should tell them to wait or help from a Muslim country.

I'm a Muslim Karma_Yeshe_Dorje, and what the mass of Arabs think about my country just doesn't matter a bit. They'll either come around or they won't.

And if we were trying to destroy Islam it's obviously missed my family and me...ya think?

SherriMunnerlyn, please add me to those like Colonel Ken and John_T_Mainer. I am completely at odds with your position and totally in agreement with theirs.

Salaam,

Aisha
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2008 - 7:57PM #124
Mlyons619
And I support I will add my voice behind ken's John T Mainer's and Arabianwitch's.  But then again you aren't shocked and surprized by what I have done, are you?
"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2008 - 10:21PM #125
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Finland wavers.

[QUOTE]The Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe is preparing an appeal to member countries to ban the use of cluster munitions and destroy stockpiles.[/QUOTE]~YLE~

I have heard that the current agreements have so many loopholes as to be ineffective!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2008 - 12:42AM #126
rangerken
I believe you are correct, Karma. And much of the what many European countries are doing is based upon the belief that when Cluster munitions are needed the US will just happen to be around to provide them, which we of course have done and do for various NATO forces in Afghanistan.

While this is a cynical approach, it is certainly a sensible one.

Ken
Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook