Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Meet Mr. Tariq Ramadan
6 years ago  ::  May 14, 2008 - 4:33PM #21
Armwar
No, that is a completely baseless characterization, from every angle.   Many poor Muslims continue to immigrate successfully into a much better life for themselves and their loved ones, whereas Tariq Ramadan is rich enough to support terrorist backers, and we won't  give him a Visa.

So you have it backwards...

Now why you, Char, continue to back this character is beyond me.  He is of ill-repute and up to no good.

Gail
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 14, 2008 - 5:06PM #22
CharikIeia
Challenge to you, Gail:

(1) Show me where I "back this character" and.or "continue" to do so.

(2) Add some substance to your allegation of "baseless from every angle" in the previous post here.

Can you face up to this modicum of challenge, I wonder?
tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 14, 2008 - 5:16PM #23
Armwar
Your whole thread backs T. Ramadan and the direction he leads "moderate" Muslims in..and I showed you that it is a crock of bologna.

My post #20 refutes your assertion that America accepts rich Muslims, rejects poor Muslim immigrants.  Your statement is not fact.

Gail
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 14, 2008 - 5:34PM #24
CharikIeia
Nope, I herewith refute your nonsensical claims.
Signed and decreed, Chari, who knows (even) better.
tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 14, 2008 - 6:50PM #25
stevenlmeyer
For those who want to know more about Tariq Ramadan in his own words here is a link to his
website.

http://www.tariqramadan.com/spip.php?lang=en

Of course this is his carefully cultivated public face.

Here is a quote:

"Again, Israel poses as the victim of bigots, extremists, and madmen! The same tired refrain, the old song, tried and true. Shame, and again shame."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 15, 2008 - 2:24PM #26
Armwar
His is a very carefully cultivated farce...

Gail
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 15, 2008 - 5:43PM #27
CharikIeia
I don't get your message, steven.

Do you think what he publishes on his webpage is, or is not, his "carefully cultivated public face"?

Concerning the Turin book fair, you may read here the story behind the out-of-context quate you gave...

To me, it appears that your stance, as far as I understand it (unreflected dismissing of his criticism of Israel), directly corroborates his stance: that large part of Israel and its supporters have so deeply identified "Israel" with "victimhood", that the probability for meaningful dialogue is almost zero.
tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 16, 2008 - 12:41AM #28
Erey
[QUOTE=Armwar;499617]Your whole thread backs T. Ramadan and the direction he leads "moderate" Muslims in..and I showed you that it is a crock of bologna.

My post #20 refutes your assertion that America accepts rich Muslims, rejects poor Muslim immigrants.  Your statement is not fact.

Gail[/QUOTE]

America accepts rich muslims AND poor muslims.  What is different about American than say France is that our poor muslims are able to work, get educated, etc. and advance their situation.  Our muslims - many come from very modest backgrounds are of a higher eco status than the general population.  Too bad europe has such a hard time providing opportunities for muslims to advance so all they can do with their unemployed time is burn cars in the streets.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 16, 2008 - 12:41AM #29
Erey
[QUOTE=Armwar;499617]Your whole thread backs T. Ramadan and the direction he leads "moderate" Muslims in..and I showed you that it is a crock of bologna.

Gail[/QUOTE]

America accepts rich muslims AND poor muslims.  What is different about American than say France is that our poor muslims are able to work, get educated, etc. and advance their situation.  Our muslims - many come from very modest backgrounds are of a higher eco status than the general population.  Too bad europe has such a hard time providing opportunities for muslims to advance so all they can do with their unemployed time is burn cars in the streets.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 16, 2008 - 2:47AM #30
CharikIeia
Interesting fiction you read to yourself, Erey. Anatolian peasants being allowed into the USA? Would be new to me... Reza Pahlevi and his offspring -- sure. News had it that recently, many many Iraq refugees were denied entry to the USA. Did that escape your attention, or is it just something completely unrelated in your mind? Also, I wonder where you've been when we've discussed this on the Middle East board. Tsk tsk.
tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook