Page 40 of 40  •  Prev 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40
Switch to Forum Live View Jewish people are the real native people of Israel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2008 - 5:33PM #391
Brønwyn

SherriMunnerlyn wrote:

Bronwyn,

I love the horse, I wanted to tell you that first.

Thanks Sherri. I like to change my avatar pic quite a bit though, so...soon the horse will be gone. :(

SherriMunnerlyn wrote:

I also want to point out that the promise you are talking about was not an unconditional promise, and some view it as referring to past events. By its words, it requires a people turning to God and obeying him with all of their hearts and souls, only then does God say he will restore them from captivity. Deuteronomy 30.

Well, I am assuming here and could be wrong, but I get the impression that the Israeli extremists think they are doing that by fighting for the original territory  --- that they are suppose to still kill the those "ites"...you know, they are living back in the King David days.

SherriMunnerlyn wrote:

Notice all the directions given on how to treat nonJews. Here are some examples: Deuteronomy 10:19 And you are to love those who are aliens, for you yourself were aliens. A secular state that oppresses another people is not "a people turning to God and obeying him with all their hearts and souls."

I think the "aliens" have to be living in their kingdom and be subjective to them first?

I hear what you're saying, they are not showing what their God would like them to show.

It appears to me that there can be a belief and a faith in a certain God, but that does not mean the people with that faith are understanding that God.

But then, how can one blame them? They have a God that tells them to go kill and yet tells Moses to write out said God's commandments, and one of those commandments is Thou shall not kill.

It would be hard to understand a God such a this, don't you think?

So, it's no wonder that it is written that they eventually just started doing their own thing and the priests started making their own judgements on things....and that's when things started to fall apart....and then we get the last "minor prophets" talking the way they did.

I don't know. I really don't blame the atheist Jews I have met who have said what they've said. They distance themselves from the religious aspects of their heritage.

Father_Oblivion wrote:

You are telling me that because one story is well known, and the other may not be, that the well known one is therefore valid and the other is not.

Is this really the position you wish to establish and defend?

Hmmm...are you meaning to say that the story that is not well known speaks of a god, or gods, telling them to stay in the land that they choose for them?

It is about the content of the God, what the God is saying, not about what is well known or not.

Do you know of any other Gods who were telling His/Her own believers to go to a certain land and stay there?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2008 - 6:10PM #392
Brønwyn

Armwar wrote:

No one here said what you claimed, Wgal...I don't know what you are speaking of.   Israel was created on what was British territory. 
Gail

Thank you, Gail.

habesor wrote:

In the case of the commandment you quoted as "Thous shall not kill" the original Hebrew is "Al tirtzah" which should be translated "Do not murder". Do not kill would have been written differently, "Al Taharog", which it wasn't. So the Jewish bible is filled with descriptions of all sorts of killing, especially war. However, what is condemned is the specific type of killing we call murder.

Thank you, Habesor, for explaining that. Now I wonder what the difference  is between killing and murder.

F_O, I hear what you're saying. Well, Gail is right, Israel was created on what was British territory, which is also something that I've been trying to say in previous posts. That is what war can do...and did for many people....dislocate them and locate others. That's the history we have seen for a long time.

And yes, there can be backlashes of war coming back to try to get the land back. That is what we're seeing....but it's not war like we're used to hearing about. Now it's suicide bombing and dirty a$$ war games.

But, it's war all the same....for land....as usual.

Obviously the British made their decisions based on propaganda that seemed to switch their ideas about Jews, because Britain was known at one time for not liking the Jews because....there was the propaganda that the Jews killed Jesus. But, later in years, a Jewish man seemed to get into the well-wishes of Queen Victoria that it would be wise to bless the Jews because they were God's special people, and people would be blessed if they blessed the Jews. He reminded them of the Abraham blessing. This new propaganda worked and influenced Britain...so that by the time WWII ended it was their decision to give them their own state.

It seems to me that if this is all wrong, then the Queen and the British PM should be contacted by you so they can hear what it is you have to say.

?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 40 of 40  •  Prev 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook