Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
5 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2009 - 2:25AM #21
TPaine

Summer813 wrote:

Congratulations!

*does happydance, stops to open champagne, resumes happydance*:D

Summer, please slow down. I've been following you around the room with a bucket trying to catch the champagne that's spewing out of the bottle as you do your happydance. I'm not as young as I used to be, and you're wearing me out!

"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast its constitution and its government." -- Thomas Paine: The Rights Of Man (1791)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2009 - 9:44AM #22
davelaw40
and now the rest of the story... neither I or my ex have met the mom or have seen the child

this new life is a product of a summer school hook up from two kids that live on opposite sides of the state and broke up before she ever Knew she was preggers

my son was lucky that she relented at the last moment and allowed him to be present at the birth-we really don't know what the future holds or how much contact we will be allowed to have
Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2009 - 3:06PM #23
Summer813

davelaw40 wrote:

and now the rest of the story... neither I or my ex have met the mom or have seen the child

this new life is a product of a summer school hook up from two kids that live on opposite sides of the state and broke up before she ever Knew she was preggers

my son was lucky that she relented at the last moment and allowed him to be present at the birth-we really don't know what the future holds or how much contact we will be allowed to have

Oh, for ---!

That sucks. I hope it all gets worked out for the best for all involved.

((Hug)))

Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy. - Mike Callahan, Callahan's Crosstime Saloon
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2009 - 3:37PM #24
TPaine

davelaw40 wrote:

Hopefully, the fact that she relented could mean that she wants him part of the boy's life. The trouble is, you said the other side of the state. According to my map it's 753 miles from Houston to El Paso. That's just 58 miles less than the distance between New York and Chicago. Maybe you get a good deal on the Falcon 7X that Citigroup was going to buy with bailout funds until the Treasury Secretary  Geithner said no. I'm sure Dassault would give you a good deal on the jet. :)

"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast its constitution and its government." -- Thomas Paine: The Rights Of Man (1791)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2009 - 8:55PM #25
davelaw40

TPaine wrote:

Hopefully, the fact that she relented could mean that she wants him part of the boy's life. The trouble is, you said the other side of the state. According to my map it's 753 miles from Houston to El Paso. That's just 58 miles less than the distance between New York and Chicago. Maybe you get a good deal on the Falcon 7X that Citigroup was going to buy with bailout funds until the Treasury Secretary  Geithner said no. I'm sure Dassault would give you a good deal on the jet. :)

just a little Hyperbole

Houston and Lubbock

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2009 - 8:59PM #26
Sacrificialgoddess

davelaw40 wrote:

just a little Hyperbole

Houston and Lubbock

Well, you know, that's not so bad.  It could have been a summer fling with someone who lives in Oregon.  At least she's still in the state.  Might rack up the weekend miles, but its still just a few hours' drive

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2009 - 12:04AM #27
TPaine

davelaw40 wrote:

just a little Hyperbole

Houston and Lubbock

That's 519 miles or about the same distance as Boston to Washington, or from here in Eastern Virginia to our daughter's home in Knoxville, TN. That's not so bad a trip, you won't even need the jet. Sorry Dassault.:(
I sure hope things work out for all involved, and especially for the child.
Isn't Lubbock the home of Texas Tech? Oh well, no city is perfect, :D

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook