Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
6 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2009 - 11:26PM #1
stitch813
There doesn't seem to be a social thread on this topic so made one and dropped in to say hi to my birthday mate since I saw her moniker.  Hope all is well with you and how did your quilt turn out?  I hope fabulously.  I"m so excited that the error is almost over how bout you?  Blessings to all who I know and who I don't since it's a social thread.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2009 - 11:48PM #2
davelaw40
good idea                                    hi, Stitch
Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2009 - 12:04PM #3
Summer813
[QUOTE=stitch813;1030585]There doesn't seem to be a social thread on this topic so made one and dropped in to say hi to my birthday mate since I saw her moniker.  Hope all is well with you and how did your quilt turn out?  I hope fabulously.  I"m so excited that the error is almost over how bout you?  Blessings to all who I know and who I don't since it's a social thread.[/QUOTE]
Hiya, Stitch! *glomp, hug*

Good idea on the DMZ thread; I think this place really could use one. And I'm still working on the quilt. I got sidetracked and started working on medieval garb for my SCA events, so now I'm alternating what I work on: quilt, garb, everyday stuff, quilt, lather-rinse-repeat. I'll put up some pictures somewhere online when I get projects done, and link to them.

I'm sitting here watching the Inauguration ceremonies as I type this. I'm thrilled!
Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy. - Mike Callahan, Callahan's Crosstime Saloon
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2009 - 3:26PM #4
EyesoftheWorld
Is this a demilitarized zone?
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2009 - 6:14PM #5
davelaw40

EyesoftheWorld wrote:

Yes, leave all weapons at the door and just socialize :D

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2009 - 6:17PM #6
TPaine

EyesoftheWorld wrote:

I believe so. Like Dave and Summer, I think it's a good idea. Anyone have a Super Bowl prediction?

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2009 - 7:39PM #7
davelaw40

TPaine wrote:

I believe so. Like Dave and Summer, I think it's a good idea. Anyone have a Super Bowl prediction?

no predictions- i really like both teams 
should be a great game

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2009 - 8:16PM #8
stitch813
Hola.  Glad to hear you are still working on the quilt.  I'm trying something new myself, if it turns out I'll post it to my blog or maybe use it as my avatar.  We'll see!  Hug back to you and hope all is fabulous.  When discussing Obama I sound like I drank the kool aid and am sick of all these phoney controversies so don't discuss him much.   It really was so nice to see your name show up on the radar summer.  Missed you(and Davelaw too).
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 4:29AM #9
TPaine

davelaw40 wrote:

no predictions- i really like both teams 
should be a great game

Since my team missed the playoffs this year (injuries killed us) I'd like to see the Cardinals win since their last championship was in 1947 when the team was still in Chicago, and their only other one in 1925 was controversial http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1925_NFL_C … ontroversy

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 1:33PM #10
EyesoftheWorld
Has anyone ever heard of DMT? I actually thought of that too (I couldn't remember the last letter yesterday), so I wanted to make sure.
I'm sure you folks have heard the story about XMas during WWI when the Germans and English, I believe, emerged from their trenches and played soccer and sang songs and I think maybe drank a bit? That must have been a surreal event to witness, and is one of the most incredible examples of how we all really are brothers and sisters, though language, belief, culture and geography separate us.
But the fact they all went back to the trenches and resumed the attrition serves as a testament to how irrational we are, and I think demonstrates that we essentially are, at least I believe, very smart animals.
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook