Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Do You Think The Christian Right Has Too Much Influence in U.S. Politics?
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2008 - 5:00PM #1
zerin
I think they do. Please read this [COLOR=blue]Blog post to find out why.[/COLOR]

zerinus
zerinus
Mormon FAQ
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2008 - 6:04PM #2
davelaw40

zerin wrote:

I think they do. Please read this [COLOR=blue]Blog post to find out why.[/COLOR]

zerinus

When you post soley to direct traffic to another site-that is both spamming and trolling

However, your point is valid. I'm going to leave this up for discussion-But be warned -don't spam or troll.

Davelaw
Volunteer Community Host

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2008 - 6:18PM #3
Summer813
[QUOTE=davelaw40;931603]When you post soley to direct traffic to another site-that is both spamming and trolling

However, your point is valid. I'm going to leave this up for discussion-But be warned -don't spam or troll.

Davelaw
Volunteer Community Host[/QUOTE]
You read my mind, David.

Additionally, I'd like to suggest to the original poster that it would be a really good idea to add some additional original thoughts to this thread, so that it truly ceases to be advertising and becomes a genuine discussion.

Summer
the other Volunteer Community Host
Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy. - Mike Callahan, Callahan's Crosstime Saloon
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2008 - 6:41PM #4
zerin

davelaw40 wrote:

When you post soley to direct traffic to another site-that is both spamming and trolling

Davelaw
Volunteer Community Host

It was not to "another site". It was to another forum on Beliefnet. Beliefnet has many forums, and sometimes a topic may be of shared interest between more than one forum (as I think this one is). So I don't think there is anything wrong with posting it on one forum, and invite others on the other forums to discuss it there if they want to, rather than in several different places at the same time. That is why I did that. But if you don't want it that way, fair enough. We will discuss it in more than one place at the same time.

zerinus

zerinus
Mormon FAQ
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2008 - 6:45PM #5
davelaw40

zerin wrote:

It was not to "another site". It was to another forum on Beliefnet. Beliefnet has many forums, and sometimes a topic may be of shared interest between more than one forum (as I think this one is). So I don't think there is anything wrong with posting it on one forum, and invite others on the other forums to discuss it there if they want to, rather than in several different places at the same time. That is why I did that. But if you don't want it that way, fair enough. We will discuss it in more than one place at the same time.

zerinus

it is against the ROC's of bnet to troll for responses than direct them even to another part of bnet. I'm glad we cleared that up. Thanx for playing and welcome to Church and State. :D

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2008 - 7:00PM #6
Summer813
[QUOTE=zerin;931695]It was not to "another site". It was to another forum on Beliefnet. Beliefnet has many forums, and sometimes a topic may be of shared interest between more than one forum (as I think this one is). So I don't think there is anything wrong with posting it on one forum, and invite others on the other forums to discuss it there if they want to, rather than in several different places at the same time. That is why I did that. But if you don't want it that way, fair enough. We will discuss it in more than one place at the same time.

zerinus[/QUOTE]
You were attempting to draw people to your blog at Blogspot. Blogspot is not a Beliefnet forum.

Also, the Beliefnet rules say you are not supposed to post the same material in multiple Beliefnet forums, either.
Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy. - Mike Callahan, Callahan's Crosstime Saloon
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2008 - 7:23PM #7
zerin

Summer813 wrote:

You were attempting to draw people to your blog at Blogspot. Blogspot is not a Beliefnet forum.

I am not a newcomer to Beliefnet. I am a regular poster on the Mormon forum. I have never had that problem in that forum. I have often started a thread about someting I had posted in my Blog, and nobody objected to it there.

Also, the Beliefnet rules say you are not supposed to post the same material in multiple Beliefnet forums, either.

I didn't post the same material. They are two different topics, but based on my Blog post. The topics of the discussion are different in each forum.

zerinus

zerinus
Mormon FAQ
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2008 - 7:43PM #8
Summer813
[QUOTE=zerin;931785]I am not a newcomer to Beliefnet. I am a regular poster on the Mormon forum. I have never had that problem in that forum. I have often started a thread about someting I had posted in my Blog, and nobody objected to it there.[/QUOTE]
This isn't the Mormon forum. And Blogspot is not part of Beliefnet. So just don't do it here, thank you.

[QUOTE]I didn't post the same material. They are two different topics, but based on my Blog post. The topics of the discussion are different in each forum.

zerinus[/QUOTE]
According to the Beliefnet Rules of Conduct:

[QUOTE]Solicitation: You agree not to use Beliefnet Forums to promote websites, products and services. Please refer to the above guidelines ("Promoting Your Cause and Yourself") for further guidance.[/QUOTE]
If what you're doing is mostly promoting your blog, you should do that on your own profile page, not in the forums.

[QUOTE]Spam: You agree not to repeat substantially the same content (including URLs) more than once on Beliefnet Forums. [/QUOTE]
Substantially the same. This includes posting the same question, slightly altered, to multiple forums. And you've been repeating your blog link in all of them, too.

So tell me, are you interested in having an actual discussion here in the Church & State forum, or are you just looking to draw people over to your blog? I doubt any of us are actually going to go, so if you intend to have a discussion here, you will need to post your actual topic here, not just a link to your blog.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2008 - 7:55PM #9
Sacrificialgoddess
Are we going to have a discussion here, or should is this a thread for arguing with the mods?
:rolleyes:
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2008 - 7:56PM #10
zerin

Summer813 wrote:

This isn't the Mormon forum. And Blogspot is not part of Beliefnet. So just don't do it here, thank you.

According to the Beliefnet Rules of Conduct:

If what you're doing is mostly promoting your blog, you should do that on your own profile page, not in the forums.

Substantially the same. This includes posting the same question, slightly altered, to multiple forums. And you've been repeating your blog link in all of them, too.

So tell me, are you interested in having an actual discussion here in the Church & State forum, or are you just looking to draw people over to your blog? I doubt any of us are actually going to go, so if you intend to have a discussion here, you will need to post your actual topic here, not just a link to your blog.

Heck, It looks like my thread on the other forum has been deleted as well. I guess I picked the wrong place to discuss my subject altogether. Ask Dave to do me a favor and delete this thread as well. I promise I won't start another one. I think I can find a better place to discuss my subject than Beliefnet. Thanks.

zerinus

zerinus
Mormon FAQ
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook