Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: Reminder - Please Read
6 years ago  ::  Sep 23, 2008 - 6:09PM #11
TPaine
I thought Summer said this topic was not acceptable in the Church and State forum, so why are we discussing it?
"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast its constitution and its government." -- Thomas Paine: The Rights Of Man (1791)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 23, 2008 - 6:10PM #12
dblad

amcolph wrote:

He need not show that 'ex-gays' actually exist.

It would be sufficient to Friend!'s case that he could show that there were individuals who believed or, at least, asserted that they were 'ex-gays' who were being discriminated against for religious reasons.

He hasn't been able to do even that.

Thank you amcolph. What is so disgusting to me is the gay and lesbian kids who are so desperate to please their elders, parents, church leaders, teachers and peers, that they will do anything to change their sexual orientation. They are being coerced into trying

[B]barbarous "aversion techniques" designed to "cure" them of homosexuality. Gay men have been shown pictures of naked men and then administered electric shocks through electrodes attached to their testicles, or made to ingest drugs that made them vomit. [/B]
[B]Not surprisingly, these brutal, "Clockwork Orange"-like methods proved to be totally ineffective — yielding not one credibly documented case of a "cured" homosexual — and had been discarded by all but lunatic fringe psychotherapists by the late 1970s.[/B]

Friend and the RR continues to give false hope to those kids while ignoring the scientific facts and will lie to make the public think they are being persecuted and denied their rights.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook