Switch to Forum Live View Obama Waffles, courtesy of the FRC
6 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2008 - 2:11PM #1
Gwyddion9
At the annual Washington gathering of the Christian right sponsored by the political arm of the Family Research Council, (Focus on the Family and others), they were selling
  Obama Waffles. While I understand that “waffling” idea, the whole thing was tasteless and bigoted. It perpetuated the idea of Obama being Muslim; the box gave Obama  caricature of Aunt Jamima. There was a rap on the box, which was insulting as were the directions to making the waffles.
  The FRC, which is always crying about persecution, then pulls as stunt like this and of course, during the election year. Their excuse has yet to be published, which should be interesting being that they’re two faced, imo!
  This is what Focus on the Family, the FRC, and the other RR groups are all about. Misinformation, lies, what happened to their 10 commandments? No lying, baring false witness? I guess it only applies when they want it applied.
  Truth is totally subjective to them. Their desire is for control and power over the population of this country. They will justify anything to get what they want and this is another wonderful example…deceit. I wonder if Jesus approves of their behavior?
  Probably not but then again, Jesus is nothing more than a figurehead to them, giving them the means to acquire what they want.
  Here’s the link to the story:
  http://www.alternet.org/election08/9890 … _waffles'/
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss

Let My Worship be within the heart that rejoiceth, for behold: all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals. And therefore let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you. Charge of the Goddess
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2008 - 3:28PM #2
voice-crying
Yea, I heard about it.

I'm very disappointed with Focus and many other groups who preach love and inclusion and them turn around and spread hate and separation.  God will judge them.
:)
"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook