Page 1 of 50  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 50 Next
7 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2008 - 3:33AM #1
MasterOfSparks
Clinton was impeached for lying about a consensual relationship with an adult female. Here's a partial list of things Bush could be impeached for:

Invasion of Iraq. Thousands of dead. Looting the National Museum. Disbanding the Iraqi army. Donald Rumsfeld. Shock and Awe. Jay Garner. Paul Bremer. Inciting sectarianism. Abu Ghraib. Thousands of detainees without charges. Torture. Oil. Ghost WMDs. The Niger connection. Halliburton. Blackwater. Deadly security contractors. Mercenaries. Fallujah. Haditha massacre. Blind support of Israel. Instigating the suffering of Gaza. Ignoring the expansion of illegal colonies. Defying United Nations resolutions. Securing "a Jewish State". Allowing Israelis to extend the destruction of Lebanon in the 2oo6 war. Providing Israel with new Bunker Buster bombs to attack Lebanese towns. The War on Terror. "The Crusade". Clash of civilisations. Where is Osama Bin Laden? Afghanistan. Bagram massacre. Bombing media offices. Guantanamo Bay. Kangaroo courts. Indefinite detention. Presidential orders to ignore Geneva Conventions. "Unlawful enemy combatants". Illegal National Security Agency wiretapping. Fingerprinting visitors. Black prisons. Kidnapping foreign citizens on foreign lands. Khalid Al Masri. Abu Omar. Maher Arar. Central Intelligence Agency. "Aggressive interrogation techniques". Destroying the torture tapes. Iran tension. Isolating Syria. Embracing Syrian opposition Iraq style. The Chavez coup. Denial of global warming. Rejecting Kyoto Protocol. Marginalisation of the United Nations. John Bolton. Paul Wolfowitz and the World Bank. Carl Rove. Alberto Gonzales. Firing attorneys. Nepotism. False democracy promises. Dick Cheney, Dick Cheney and Dick Cheney.

The thing I find most irritating about conservatives isn't just that their opinions so rarely have any basis in reality. It's not even their incessant refusal to change those opinions when presented with irrefutable facts and logic. But rather it's their complete bewilderment that anyone else might think they should.

---------------------------------------------------------

There's nothing at all new about the venomous anti-Obama sentiment coming from the right. Its just what happens when an effective and popular Democrat leads the country in a positive direction. Kennedy and Johnson had the John Birch Society. Carter and Clinton had their lunatic detractors. What has changed, however, is that the Birchers and Clinton Death List crowd used to be the extreme fringe and the GOP saw them as an embarrassment. Now the crazies are the top GOP leadership and only a few Republicans are calling for sanity. Why? Because Republicans have no ideas and nothing else to sell.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2008 - 8:01AM #2
claret1995
Well well well

Impeachment is back for our amusement. Shows up each week and no one,I mean no one has a shred of evidence that would allow for conviction. But alas we shall cook some popcorn and giggle at the nonlevel of impeachment debate. Opening a very good bottle of "white burgundy" and enjoying, the wine and silliness of this debate.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2008 - 3:33AM #3
MasterOfSparks
Clinton was impeached for lying about a consensual relationship with an adult female. Here's a partial list of things Bush could be impeached for:

Invasion of Iraq. Thousands of dead. Looting the National Museum. Disbanding the Iraqi army. Donald Rumsfeld. Shock and Awe. Jay Garner. Paul Bremer. Inciting sectarianism. Abu Ghraib. Thousands of detainees without charges. Torture. Oil. Ghost WMDs. The Niger connection. Halliburton. Blackwater. Deadly security contractors. Mercenaries. Fallujah. Haditha massacre. Blind support of Israel. Instigating the suffering of Gaza. Ignoring the expansion of illegal colonies. Defying United Nations resolutions. Securing "a Jewish State". Allowing Israelis to extend the destruction of Lebanon in the 2oo6 war. Providing Israel with new Bunker Buster bombs to attack Lebanese towns. The War on Terror. "The Crusade". Clash of civilisations. Where is Osama Bin Laden? Afghanistan. Bagram massacre. Bombing media offices. Guantanamo Bay. Kangaroo courts. Indefinite detention. Presidential orders to ignore Geneva Conventions. "Unlawful enemy combatants". Illegal National Security Agency wiretapping. Fingerprinting visitors. Black prisons. Kidnapping foreign citizens on foreign lands. Khalid Al Masri. Abu Omar. Maher Arar. Central Intelligence Agency. "Aggressive interrogation techniques". Destroying the torture tapes. Iran tension. Isolating Syria. Embracing Syrian opposition Iraq style. The Chavez coup. Denial of global warming. Rejecting Kyoto Protocol. Marginalisation of the United Nations. John Bolton. Paul Wolfowitz and the World Bank. Carl Rove. Alberto Gonzales. Firing attorneys. Nepotism. False democracy promises. Dick Cheney, Dick Cheney and Dick Cheney.

The thing I find most irritating about conservatives isn't just that their opinions so rarely have any basis in reality. It's not even their incessant refusal to change those opinions when presented with irrefutable facts and logic. But rather it's their complete bewilderment that anyone else might think they should.

There's nothing at all new about the venomous anti-Obama sentiment coming from the right. Its just what happens when an effective and popular Democrat leads the country in a positive direction. Kennedy and Johnson had the John Birch Society. Carter and Clinton had their lunatic detractors. What has changed, however, is that the Birchers and Clinton Death List crowd used to be the extreme fringe and the GOP saw them as an embarrassment. Now the crazies are the top GOP leadership and only a few Republicans are calling for sanity. Why? Because Republicans have no ideas and nothing else to sell.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2008 - 8:01AM #4
claret1995
Well well well

Impeachment is back for our amusement. Shows up each week and no one,I mean no one has a shred of evidence that would allow for conviction. But alas we shall cook some popcorn and giggle at the nonlevel of impeachment debate. Opening a very good bottle of "white burgundy" and enjoying, the wine and silliness of this debate.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2008 - 8:40AM #5
MasterOfSparks
Have I mentioned lately how much you right wingers disgust me? I expect more intelligence from my cat Tumbles than I have ever seen demonstrated by you sociopaths. I had to take a second look at what you wrote because at first I thought you were being sarcastic.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2008 - 8:50AM #6
xequar
[QUOTE=Barði;219756]WRONG he was impeached for PERJURY!  And PERJURY is a serious crime as it allows Democrats to undermine our justice system.

And we can argue just how consensual the relationship was since Monica was both his employee and was probably not that stable mentally.[/QUOTE]Technically, yes, you are correct.  But we really need to stop and ask WHY he was under oath about gettin' some with the intern in the first place.  Of all the things to bring the President of the United States on charges about, that seems like the most inconsequential inane thing about which to do so.

Coincidentally, I think our OP is right.  When one can make a paragraph out of a list with no filler text of all the scandals and crimes that our current "president" has committed, I think he's totally impeachable.  And Claret, since when have republicans given half a damn about truth in their statements?  Given that you have a quote from ANN COULTIER, I'm pretty quick to dismiss most of what you say as fluff, and this is no exception.  She's right up there with Bill O'Reilly, and it's pretty well-known that he's a lying sack of s--t.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2008 - 8:54AM #7
claret1995
[QUOTE=Barði;219756]WRONG he was impeached for PERJURY!  And PERJURY is a serious crime as it allows Democrats to undermine our justice system.

And we can argue just how consensual the relationship was since Monica was both his employee and was probably not that stable mentally.[/QUOTE]

And the new joke is

10 yrs already,Why I remember when Monica was crawling around on her hands and knees
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2008 - 8:56AM #8
claret1995
[QUOTE=MasterOfSparks;219822]Have I mentioned lately how much you right wingers disgust me? I expect more intelligence from my cat Tumbles than I have ever seen demonstrated by you sociopaths.[/QUOTE]

Have I mentioned how you left wingers amuse me. You are like a broken 45 rpm record that keeps playin the same two notes over and over
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2008 - 9:00AM #9
BBarton
Just one of my many disappointments with how our generation is running the show, is Nancy Pelosi.  It spoke volumes for our country that a woman could attain such position within leadership, then fail the nation.  SHE single handedly, bepearled and smiles, took impeachment off the table.

And with cheerleaders (minions) who left their hearts in a trash bin, it gets really depressing if you let it.  This is why I have faith in something more.  Indeed I'm certain of something more than the black hole we're being pulled into.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2008 - 9:05AM #10
MasterOfSparks
Same 2 notes? No that would be a right wing act. You people are still harping about Chappaquiddick and Clinton Clinton Clinton. If you have to go back 50 years to find something bad to say about Democrats maybe you should just stfu. But every week there's some GOP freak committing another treason. Be sure and check my brand new Republican Of The Week Awards. Wait till you see what this weeks winner did. 

http://community.beliefnet.com/forums/s … post219837
Republican Of The Week Awards

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 50  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 50 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook