Switch to Forum Live View The Spiritual But Not Religious Tribe
6 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2008 - 2:15PM #1
Mlyons619
What is the Spiritual but not Religious Tribe anyways?

Who they are: Most report spiritual beliefs--85% believe in God and more than half are sure there is some kind of life after death--but they don't much like houses of worship or organized religion. They report no formal religious affiliation and a majority report seldom or never attending worship services. 47% are under age 35.

Percent of voting-age population: 5.3%

Ideology:
Conservative: 26%, Moderate: 49%, Liberal: 25%

Party: Republican: 28%, Independent: 37%, Democratic: 35%

Political Trend: Growing in numbers but politically divided.

What they care about: An eclectic mix. They're liberal on economics, abortion, and foreign policy - more than half believe the United States has no special role to play in international affairs -- but 58% favor traditional marriage. Only about one-fifth report that their faith is important to their political thinking.

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/153/stor … #spiritual

Does this describe you?  Who will you be voting for?
"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2008 - 11:09AM #2
BBarton
I am Spiritual, but participate in religion to worship with others and reform it from within; same as I work on me, my community, and country.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2008 - 9:51PM #3
Mlyons619
[QUOTE=BBarton;895013]I am Spiritual, but participate in religion to worship with others and reform it from within; same as I work on me, my community, and country.[/QUOTE]

From your post then I take it that Post 1 does NOT describe you.
            --Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2009 - 11:35AM #4
Shamanmystic

Aug 11, 2008 -- 2:15PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

What is the Spiritual but not Religious Tribe anyways? Who they are: Most report spiritual beliefs--85% believe in God and more than half are sure there is some kind of life after death--but they don't much like houses of worship or organized religion. They report no formal religious affiliation and a majority report seldom or never attending worship services. 47% are under age 35. Percent of voting-age population: 5.3% Ideology: Conservative: 26%, Moderate: 49%, Liberal: 25% Party: Republican: 28%, Independent: 37%, Democratic: 35% Political Trend: Growing in numbers but politically divided. What they care about: An eclectic mix. They're liberal on economics, abortion, and foreign policy - more than half believe the United States has no special role to play in international affairs -- but 58% favor traditional marriage. Only about one-fifth report that their faith is important to their political thinking. Does this describe you? Who will you be voting for?

first u are equating spiritual with religious ie 85% believe in GOD...

curious as to the 1000 people interviewed as i don't trust your polling methods... i think u need a bigger pool like several millions.. Bet u miss the coming revolution...

I'm not voting for any of em as their all paid off and owned by the fascist corporations that don't give a damn about WE the PEOPLE (note it doesn't say We the wealthy, the corporations, etc) but individuals... I'm certain alot of this war mongering and interferring in other countries issues is because some company can make a profit supplying munitions and another several hundred would like to democratize and sell burgers and frys to a whole new set of counsumers.......... I served six years in the us army.... and if i had to do it all over again i'd say let ROME and it's greedy elite burn....

used to be that the senators were representatives of the states ie legislatures picked those 100 senators ... but fed took away states rights and so the senate is merely a tool used by the wealthy to block / pass legislation ie it's easier to buy off 50+ milionaire senators than several hundred representatives of the house....

America is becoming a fascist police state ...

History does repeat itself   ...  George Bush was our Louis XV...

News media is controlled by people who only want certain propaganda out there.. They keep everyone so confused so we the people can't act.... because no one can tell what's true anymore....

The FDA is in league wiuth the pharma companies.. killing us with cancers to make a buck... Yeah like i'd trust any of those rotten bastards ... Only jope for america is for a majority to pull the 3rd lever ie vote all those paid off liars out and start with a fresh bunch and do away with the senate else let the legistlatures of the states pick the senators.. i vote for eradicating the senate and letting the house of representatives do it's job..

also individuals should be the only ones with access to our reps not lobbyist

also any corporation with more than 40% of it's employees overseas cannot gain american corporate tax status nor be defended by the american military.. ie if less than 60% of your workers are american citizens then you aren't an american company and are taxed as a foreign entitiy at a higher rate...

next we need to stop illegal immigration on our southern border... state and local governments use these workers as do the wealthy ie gardners, landscapers, house maids etc.. and like the cheap labor.... it's opening up our borders to attack ie alquaida has south american units that speak spanish and portuguese.. the mexican illegals and others from south of the border are our visigoths ... Do we really want the american government to look like the mexican government? ooops to late.. rofl

the economy is dependent upon people buying things... if 10% of the american citizens are out of work and 50% are just making ends meet then what are they gonna buy... the upper 10% of the wealthy elite aren't gonna carry the economy...

another idea... take 100 billion dollars put it in a lottery fund and anyone over 17 with a SSi number and making less than 100k a year gets their name in the hat.... Each winner gets tax free 50k to spend on paying off tuition, buy a car/house , etc... Rather give it to the people than those lying thieving wall street bankers... just do math ie 100,000,000/50,000=how many people running around buying stuff?..

Also it would be nice if we made stuff in this country.. The day will come when china etc decides to say invade whatever and when we protest guess what.. no more laptops, tvs, etc, etc.... A country that doesn't make anything is called a 3rd world shithole.... just travel you'll see what i mean... pardon the rough language...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2009 - 12:53AM #5
Mlyons619

Hi Shamanmystic,

Do I take it then that you consider yourself spiritual but not religious? 

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook