Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 10:00AM #53
emrose07
my prayers are with you IHOP
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 10:26AM #54
drawout
At Last the Holidays are behind us and people are getting ready to resume the battle over who will sell our asses out to the corporations and military/entertainment complex.(you heard me right,Americans are placed in front of a tube and shown war movies from birth and trained to kill without remorse with video games through their teen years, its an industry).

By now the shine has worn off the new year. The thrill of writing 08 on a check instead of 07may be a major source of excitement to some but not me. I guess I'm bitter because I missed out on the big one when people stopped counting backwards and writing bc on their checks.

So far there is nothing new about this year as far as I am concerned. I still come home to an evil cat named Elvis and his feathered henchman Amos the cockatiel. When I stagger in the front door in the morning after a night of work at the sewage treatment plant I am confronted by a pissed off cat sitting in front of his bowl. He torments me with that look that says Well? wheres my food bitch? and make it snappy you inferior furless freak  and dont forget to change my catbox unless you want me to crap on your pillow. Meanwhile Amos is shrieking"TWEET,TWEET,TWEET! wich is Cockatiel for get over here and feed me you featherless piece of crap! My ancestors used to rule this planet for 400 million years before you egg stealing rodents even thought about walking upright . We moved on to  flying  about 60 million years before you discovered thinking.
You arent worthy of cleaning up my droppings!

So I'm supposed to get all jazzed because theres a new calander on the wall ? We have a saying in the wastewater industry...Same shirt,different day, or something like that..
'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 2:25PM #55
emrose07
lol...drawout, same here so far, not much new or exciting in my life. I will finally be able to get the rest of stuff out of our storage unit, and moved in at the end of the month. Other than that though it's S.O.S. for me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 5:59PM #56
drawout
Good luck with the move Emrose,I hate moving. of course I'm a bitter old man,I hate almost everything.:mad:
'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 11:50PM #57
IHOP
I found these and thought I'd share... can ya'll see the attached images?  I can't..... sux.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 11:52PM #58
IHOP
trying again.... maybe it was rigged so I can't steal it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2008 - 1:47PM #59
AintKatie
I hope it's ok for me to rant in this thread..and crow a little bit, too..about the Dem Party. If not, toss me. I can handle it.

Anyway, there I was, happily responding to a post, when I got a call from some guy representing the DNC. He asked me how I was today..which can only mean one thing, please give me money. I took a deep breath, during which time he began his speech. Then I said, hold it, I know what you want. He said, yes, we need you to re-up your membership..yada yada.

I said, well, I guess I didn't make myself clear enough before (when I wrote to them, emailed them, and generally got pissy whenever they called me) when I told you I'm not giving you any more money til you (the DNC and the Reps and Senators they represent) start doing what I want. He tried hard to turn that around, what a nice man, but it was to no avail. I said, hey, what about Pelosi? What has she done for me lately? Why should I send money to help her help BushCo? Grrrr. I didn't growl outloud, but I wanted to.

He started backing down and trying to soothe me as he went. I eased up, too. Not his fault they are a bunch of weasels and worms and brown-nosers un Congress and the Senate. Grrrr. So, I reminded him that I am supporting John Edwards, Al Franken (yes, it's true, i love him), and local Dems. But that I will not give money to the DNC until things change..til I see impeachment proceedings and other signs that the Dems in office aren't working for the corrupt administration.

I would like to think he was incredibly impressed with me, and that he is heading straight for Pelosi to let her know what she now must do to earn my (potential) donation (of maybe 25 bucks). But he isn't and he won't. I could tell by the way he said, thank you so much and have a nice day. LOL 

Ok, I feel better now. Bye!   :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2008 - 3:59PM #60
emrose07
lol..thanks drawout, I hate it too. At least we wont have to any of the dirty work.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 671  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 671 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook