Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
5 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2008 - 10:37AM #11
BBarton
I think the labels are absurd because they've become twisted by froward thought, you know (irreverent dominion seekers).  Egoists show up and want the reigns of all human endeavors, religious, academic, governmental, business and personal.

This is the struggle of trying to spread, share and build the Kingdom in this world (God so loved, so why wouldn't I?)

I am spiritual, not religious; though a participate in religion.  I am a conduit for songs of praise and thanks during services.  I love to worship with others, but I see us as the sacred chalice when we let the Holy Spirit fill us to overflowing that we can serve those in our lives and this world we re-member Christ.  He conquored the grave, and never left us.  It's just hard to see him through the clouds of mind.

When we lay Ego down to let Christ, the perfect child of God rise in us, and reign over our hearts, our minds are transformed, because Christ reins over our thoughts, words, and deeds. 

When we give FEAR to God, the Lord's great love transforms it and TRUST increases in our lives. 

We are told to love our enemies, but it's hard to love those we don't trust.  For this reason it is imperative to trust what is beyond ourselves, or our fears, for all to transcend the realm of less and become more now.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 23, 2009 - 5:44AM #12
Kimrdhbsms

I don't know if I fit in religious left or not.  My political views are definitely to the left.  I attend church most Sundays and other days too. My religious views definitely influence my political views.  Obama looks conservative to me.  the neocons look insane.  I'm a Unitarian Universalist. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2010 - 9:30PM #13
Spring_lily

Well since this is the religious left yeh. Well I am not right wing or left wing I am centalist. Here is what really important the constution of the United States of America, not abandoning the standard of our founder and trying to change the constution. I am for the constution that my ancestor faught to gain independance for. I am sick of the double standard and the US govt has no place in controlling the states; needs to shut up and let the states rule themselves. The federal government job was foreign policy only. That was the real issue behind the civil war not slavery, just a stupid change in the history to try to make the loser look bad. But the south was right they were indeed right on the issue of state rights and that was the real issue behind the civil war.

Jesse did not fight so that Obama could force Americans to buy health care he would be outraged. He would fight against the Obama administration and I would know after all I am the decendant not Obama. Look, it reminds of the Boston Tea Party hm and now we have another tea party movement painted out to be right wing extremeist but they are not they constutionists they just like me don't want to what Jesse and all the men in American Revolutionary War fighting as Patriots faught to defend die.

Abortion who cares let the states decide why does not the federal govt do what it was supposed to do stay out of states' business

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook