Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Islamic Terror in Algeria
7 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2007 - 1:51PM #1
NJLee
Algeria bombing stirs new fears of Al Qaeda-aligned terrorist group
Tuesday's bombing may discredit the Algerian government's claims of success against the 'Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb' terrorist group.
By Vaishnavi Chandrashekhar
At least 47 people have died and many more were wounded in twin bomb blasts in the center of Algiers Tuesday morning, breaking a month-long lull in a stream of militant attacks this year in Algeria. While no group has yet taken responsibility for the attacks, previous high-profile bombings have been claimed by a local militant group that allied itself to Al Qaeda last year.
The two car bombs may have also wounded [COLOR=#256ea1]up to 43 people, reports the Guardian. [/COLOR]
Security officials have warned that the death toll from the attack - the bloodiest since Algeria's ten-year civil war ended in 2002 - could top 60.
The first car bomb was driven into the constitutional court building in the Ben Aknoun district of Algiers, killing 30 people. Algeria's official news agency said several of the victims were students travelling on a school
The above is from today's Christian Science Monitor\
This is another disgusting example of Islamic Terrorists threatening the peace and stability of the world. 
The word “ISLAMIC” was mentioned dozens of times in the article.  It is obvious that this attack on the UN, not even the US for a change,  was evidence of  existence in the world of a group of Muslims who interpret Islam as justifiying the attack of  Civilization that is but an Islamic Jihad against western Civilization.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2007 - 1:02PM #2
Erey
NJ Lee you just need to accept reality.  The fact is if Algeria would get out of Iraq and Afghanistan then there would be no reason for killing those students and UN workers. These Islamic groups are quite reasonable if you would stop being so jingoistic and see things from their point of view.  If Algeria would stop dealing with the saudi princes and move towards creating a pan-Islamic state then they would have nothing to fear from the freedom fighters. 

It seems 90% of the people on this board can understand their point of view why can't you?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2007 - 2:50PM #3
CharikIeia
Interesting contribution, Erey.
What may it prove to us?
tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2007 - 3:08PM #4
Erey
You should of all people relate to my post.  I was after all chanelling the smug Charkarelia when I posted it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2007 - 3:30PM #5
CharikIeia
I'll delete our little exchange here within the next hours, it's too disruptive.
Poor Lee deserves a thread that is being taken serious from response #1 onward.
tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2007 - 3:35PM #6
Erey
well it stands to reason if my response to you had not been a parody of yourself then it would have remained "interesting " instead of "disruptive".

Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2007 - 4:08PM #7
CharikIeia
Okay, then I'll leave it up here, to your own embarrassment.
I don't abuse the little powers I have, Erey.

Maybe you can nonetheless make a meaningful contribution?
tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2007 - 5:46PM #8
NJLee

Erey wrote:

NJ Lee you just need to accept reality. The fact is if Algeria would get out of Iraq and Afghanistan then there would be no reason for killing those students and UN workers. These Islamic groups are quite reasonable if you would stop being so jingoistic and see things from their point of view.

YOu must be kidding.  saying that Islamic Terrorists are quite reasonable.

I can't believe that you really believe that.

If Algeria would stop dealing with the saudi princes and move towards creating a pan-Islamic state then they would have nothing to fear from the freedom fighters.

It seems 90% of the people on this board can understand their point of view why can't you?

What point of fiew.  That it is ok to kill students  I will never think that it is ok.  I am amazed that anyone would justify killing students.

Is that your Islamic Mind speaking?

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2007 - 9:17PM #9
Whisperingal
"Is that your Islamic Mind speaking?"

Yikes!!!

I don't even want to know what this means.

WGal
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2007 - 2:28PM #10
ElCid22
wherever it exists. It must be countered aggressively, without the slightest hesitation.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook