Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View What Do You Think About Huckobee ??
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2008 - 4:28PM #31
Do_unto_others
[QUOTE=Atrus89;128302] Once more, liberal "rights talk" tarnishes our ability to conduct any serious moral discussion under a sea of emotional reaction.[/QUOTE]

Gee, and here all this time I thought the 1st and 14th Amendment sorta 'guaranteed' all citizens would have EQUAL rights. I guess not. How sad. Not sure how that's "liberal rights talk" though.

As for serious moral discussion, Huckabee certainly seems to want no part of that. That would entail upholding the Constitution, not upholding his version of theology.

And as for emoptional reaction, you might be emotional too if you didn't have full access to society's institutions, and were denied equality before the law. 'Til then, you don't have much of a dog in the fight.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2008 - 4:35PM #32
Do_unto_others
[QUOTE=AintKatie;136309] I wonder what you mean by "homosexual morality."[/QUOTE]

I wondered that too, Aint Katie. I wonder if say, the "Reverend" Jimmy Swaggart is to be held up as a model of "heterosexual morality"? Or say, the "Reverend" Ted Haggart? Or the "Reverend" Jimmy Bakker?  The list seems to get larger every day of the "reverends" who's "morality" is questionable. I certainly feel free to add to that list the name  of the "Reverend" Huckabee, who would change the Constitution to align with his version of "heterosexual morality" and frankly, it turns my stomach.

[QUOTE=Atrus89;122015]And what IS the state religion?[/QUOTE]

"Reverend" Huckabee's would become it if he were to be "elected". He's made that perfectly clear. And that is the danger to America that so many fear.

[QUOTE=Atrus89;122015]I, for one, would like to see NO religious references in govt. But if there is an insistence on those references, I demand that ALL belief-systems be represented, not just one.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Me too, Katie. Me too.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2008 - 4:39PM #33
Do_unto_others
[QUOTE=DoorNumber3;146782]I personally don’t care what a candidate’s religion is as long he doesn’t make political decisions based on his religious beliefs.[/QUOTE]

Which is, precisely what Huckabee says he would do. I remember when JFK had to take pains to assure America his decisions would NOT be based on his religious beliefs. Now it seems as though it has become mandatroy. YUCK!

[QUOTE=DoorNumber3;146782]I don’t think Mr. Huckabee is capable of doing that or even getting anywhere close. I think all of his political decisions are run through his God filter. I don’t think he will be able to make decisions to benefit all Americans but fear he will only be concerned about those who share his god beliefs.[/QUOTE]

He has, in fact, PROMISED that that will be the case. Scary, huh?

[QUOTE=DoorNumber3;146782]Do people who support Huckabee only support him because of what he says about God? [/QUOTE]

Lord I HOPE not.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2008 - 4:40PM #34
Do_unto_others
[QUOTE=Atrus89;164466]Would you please explain who gets to define what is or is not "religious thinking," under your view?[/QUOTE]

Only if you do first ;{O)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2008 - 2:03AM #35
gatekeeper
Hello, a friend sent this video to me the other day.
I thought I would share it with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mz9pDGHBTo&NR=1
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2008 - 8:23PM #36
J.A.B.2007
I think Huckabee is pretty good, but I think Alan Keyes is the best. I believe Alan Keyes is the man who would restor America to a better and higher moral standard. People would actually begin to care about each other more if Keyes is president. The man ran three times so far. I think we need to give him a chance. There is a reason he wants to be president, and is going to be at some point I hope.

Alan Keyes Bio and Overview

http://prescandidates2008.blogspot.com/ … lican.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2008 - 9:17AM #37
JohnQ

J.A.B.2007 wrote:

I think Huckabee is pretty good, but I think Alan Keyes is the best. I believe Alan Keyes is the man who would restor America to a better and higher moral standard. People would actually begin to care about each other more if Keyes is president. The man ran three times so far. I think we need to give him a chance. There is a reason he wants to be president, and is going to be at some point I hope.

http://prescandidates2008.blogspot.com/ … lican.html

Alan Keyes promotes prejudice, discrimination, and bigotry.  He threw his daughter out and disowned her.  This does not make me think that his actions would be such that "People would actually begin to care about each other more if Alan Keyes is president."

His words and actions demonstrate  abysmal values.

Peace!                 
------

Christian LIES wed Christian HATE......Begot a child....it’s named Prop 8! 

Supreme Court let it stand.....which means we can vote away the rights of others in our land.

Sad as that may be...it hurts all of us.....not just me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2008 - 10:27PM #38
Do_unto_others
[QUOTE=J.A.B.2007;297663]I think Huckabee is pretty good, but I think Alan Keyes is the best. I believe Alan Keyes is the man who would restor America to a better and higher moral standard. People would actually begin to care about each other more if Keyes is president. The man ran three times so far. I think we need to give him a chance. There is a reason he wants to be president, and is going to be at some point I hope.

http://prescandidates2008.blogspot.com/ … lican.html[/QUOTE]

J.A.B.,

what John Q said above. Keyes's hypocrisy an dhurtfulness/hatefulness toward some Americans (his own offspring, fer instance)  is hardly a "moral standard" to which anyone should aspire.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook