Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View The Bogus Annapolis Conference and "Concessions"
6 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2007 - 2:28PM #31
NJLee

Amin21 wrote:

I don't know how much prayer helps... but I know I pray that Syria can get on board with the US...
For selfish reasons granted...

Salaam
Amin21

I join you in prayer for the people of Syria.

I am also pleased that the general theme of this topic displays a pesimmism that is not shared by intelligent and informed people in the world.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2007 - 2:46AM #32
Amin21
I think Bush is now looking to his legacy like Clinton did and is trying to burn the midnight oil... It is not uncommon for a president not seeking reelection...

As long as he accomplishes something... I am all for it...

I also agree with Chari though... Israel's economy is pretty much held up by outsiders...  They couldn't make it without foreign aid... militarily as well as economically...

Plus a larger proportion of their citizens (Israeli Arabs as well as non-european Arabs) do not get propotionate developnment in their areas...

Salaam
Amin21
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2007 - 12:42PM #33
eadler
[QUOTE=Amin21;107181]I think Bush is now looking to his legacy like Clinton did and is trying to burn the midnight oil... It is not uncommon for a president not seeking reelection...

I also agree with Chari though... Israel's economy is pretty much held up by outsiders...  They couldn't make it without foreign aid... militarily as well as economically...

Plus a larger proportion of their citizens (Israeli Arabs as well as non-european Arabs) do not get propotionate developnment in their areas...

Salaam
Amin21[/QUOTE]

Bush never burned the midnight oil. He goes to bed at 9PM. There is no reason to believe that he has changed now. Condi is doing the work. She is after a legacy. Bush already knows the Iraq invasion is his.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2007 - 12:42PM #34
eadler
[QUOTE=Amin21;107181]I think Bush is now looking to his legacy like Clinton did and is trying to burn the midnight oil... It is not uncommon for a president not seeking reelection...

Salaam
Amin21[/QUOTE]

Bush never burned the midnight oil. He goes to bed at 9PM. There is no reason to believe that he has changed now. Condi is doing the work. She is after a legacy. Bush already knows the Iraq invasion is his.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2007 - 2:28AM #35
Amin21
Well at least he is letting the state dept do their job... so say what you like... as far as I am concerned that is a big step...

Salaam
Amin21
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2007 - 8:31AM #36
eadler
Amin,

Not that big a step. Most experts agree that unless the president intervenes and puts real pressure on the parties and suggest a solution, there will not be an agreement.
His track record and previous statements suggest he will not do that.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2007 - 5:39PM #37
NJLee

Amin21 wrote:

Well at least he is letting the state dept do their job... so say what you like... as far as I am concerned that is a big step...

Salaam
Amin21

You are witness to the anti-Bush pessimism that eadler and others expresses

do you think "dissing the president" aids or hinders the peace process.  You might reply on the topic in US Politics.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2007 - 3:15AM #38
Amin21
Any time Bush is willing to go to the negotiating table I am for him.

My problem with Bush is that generally he has thought he was above negotiating.  He usually prefers to give antagonistic speeches  and create committees who have no purpose but to destabilize countries who don't play along...

I understand skepticism but I personally welcome this as a fresh approach.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/IL06Ak02.html

Here is a good article that addresses just about every issue Habesor discussed with me before...

Salaam
Amin21
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook