Page 9 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
Switch to Forum Live View "In God We Trust" Removed?
7 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2008 - 11:57AM #81
JohnQ

sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Well, you know, Dave, Creed is big on telling other people what they do or do not believe.
So according to him, neither gays nor pagans can subscribe to any Republican values, even fiscal ones. :rolleyes:

Yes, I am shocked to discover that all though I thought I supported lower taxes...less government intrution, and a strong military....that apparently I do not. :o

Creed makes it appear as though the Repub tent is mighty small.

While I am not a Log Cabin Repub....my experiences of them are the same as Daves.  I would add that the ones I personally know are unbelieveably stubborn in their support of Repub candidates.  In spite of soon to be former Pres Bush's repeated calls to write discrimination into our great Constitution....they supported and voted for him anyway.  So, I am more than a little skeptical of Creed's prounouncements.

Peace!                 
------

Christian LIES wed Christian HATE......Begot a child....it’s named Prop 8! 

Supreme Court let it stand.....which means we can vote away the rights of others in our land.

Sad as that may be...it hurts all of us.....not just me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 12:49AM #82
davelaw40

JohnQ wrote:

Yes, I am shocked to discover that all though I thought I supported lower taxes...less government intrution, and a strong military....that apparently I do not. :o

While I am not a Log Cabin Repub....my experiences of them are the same as Daves.  I would add that the ones I personally know are unbelieveably stubborn in their support of Repub candidates.  In spite of soon to be former Pres Bush's repeated calls to write discrimination into our great Constitution....they supported and voted for him anyway.  So, I am more than a little skeptical of Creed's prounouncements.

I'm a Lee Atwater "Big Tent" republican-get as many people as possible in the Tent and maker it so horrible outside that the rest want in the tent too.  I have no patience with the RINO name callers who want to purge our tent and make it homogeneous.

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 12:49AM #83
davelaw40

JohnQ wrote:

I'm a Lee Atwater "Big Tent" republican-get as many people as possible in the Tent and maker it so horrible outside that the rest want in the tent too.  I have no patience with the RINO name callers who want to purge our tent and make it homogeneous.

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 5:02AM #84
Blood_Bound
America isn't called the "Melting Pot" for nothing. Tons of different religions are present in America and not one religion or one group of religions should be pointed out the most. I personally believe in God but I don't think that people who don't believe in Him should have my own beliefs shoved in their face. Why don't we say "In Shiva We Trust" or "In Jupiter We Trust"? "In God We Trust" should probably be removed.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 1:50PM #85
Do_unto_others
[QUOTE=Creedofcrusades;367041]The people I want to see elected are Republicans. The groups I support and work with are the Republican Party, the NRA, the American Family Association, my Southern Baptist denomination and various anti abortion groups. You know...the people who elected the last President.[/QUOTE]

Ya forgot The Swift Boaters. ;{O)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 1:56PM #86
Do_unto_others
[QUOTE=Creedofcrusades;372318]I despise the Log Cabin Republicans.[/QUOTE]

That's odd. didn't your God tell you to love one another, to love your neighbour as yourself? "DESPISE"??? Strange coming from one who claimes the name of the Christ.

[QUOTE=Creedofcrusades;372318]I believe they are Democrats actually.[/QUOTE]

You have the right to your delusions, but the LCR folk would disagree, as do I.

[QUOTE=Creedofcrusades;372318]   Now please explain the actions of Bush which brought on inflation and rcession.[/QUOTE]

Well, for starters, there'd be that ole war in Iraq that's cost America trillions of dollars (not to mention its former standing in the eyes of the world).

[QUOTE=Creedofcrusades;372318]The war was and is necessary arguably. So its a matter of opinion.[/QUOTE]

It is your  opinion that it was/is "necessary". Others know better.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2008 - 9:28AM #87
TPaine

Creedofcrusades wrote:

Yes you are correct for the most part. Nothing secretive or insidious there. Christians deserve representation like anyone else and they deserve participation in the political process in order to advance their goals...just like any other group.

I agree that all groups deserve representation and participation in the political process. Now answer these questions for me. Do you think that Representative Keith Ellison had a right to take the oath of office using the Qur'an instead of the Bible? If organized prayer was once again allowed in public schools, would you think it was all right if a school in a majority Muslim district had readings from the Qur'an and prayers to Allah?

Creedofcrusades wrote:

No I despise the Log Cabin Republicans. I believe they are Democrats actually. I am a member of the NRA and not the Gun Owners of America because I have tried to limit the groups I give my time and money to. I am satisfied with the NRA.

Actually, they are economic conservatives who believe in less government. It would be hard to class them as Democrats. At least we agree on the NRA. :)

Creedofcrusades wrote:

Now please explain the actions of Bush which brought on inflation and rcession. Be very careful and remember "all money bills must originate in the House of Representatives".  The war was and is necessary arguably. So its a matter of opinion.

As someone else pointed out the war in Iraq is costing billions and oil prices are skyrocketing, yet there is no major government effort to find alternative fuels. I also find it interesting that those who support Bush's war in Iraq are the same ones that condemned Clinton's wars in Bosnia, Somalia, and Kosovo.

Creedofcrusades wrote:

YOU mentioned Iran in comparison. Not me. I think you should tone down your hyperbole and not demonize a majority of the country.

All I said was that a small group of Christian Reconstructionists such as Rushdoony, North, and a few others would like to create a Taliban type of government in the United States. In no way did I intend to say that the vast majority of Christians believed that way.

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2008 - 12:49AM #88
Creedofcrusades
[QUOTE=davelaw40;374297]Funny, all the log cabin guys I know-are small business or mid-level corporate guys who want their taxes reduced and because they have a higher risk of early death from AIDS are also very concerned about reducing estate taxes[/QUOTE]

Yes anecdotal experience can be "funny" like that. The ones you describe sound almost like plain vanilla Republicans. Isn't there just a hint of one more characteristic belief though? Perhaps a defining one?
   Maybe they do want lower taxes...who in his right mind doesnt? I think it is pretty well accepted that homosexuals have high incomes and worths generally. But for that they could join the Republican Party as Republicans. Instead they formed an organization with this statement:

Why We Exist

Log Cabin Republicans work to make the Republican Party more inclusive, particularly on gay and lesbian issues.  Equality will be impossible to achieve without Republican votes.  Working from inside the Party—educating other Republicans about gay and lesbian issues—is the most effective way to gain new Republican allies for equality.  Log Cabin also exists as a voice for GOP values among members of the gay and lesbian community.

http://online.logcabin.org/about/

Their take action section of their website has only one action to be taken really.

"Log Cabin Republicans stand on the front lines of today’s most important battle for the civil rights of gay and lesbian Americans. We need to work together as a powerful voice for inclusion in the GOP.  Our Take Action Center makes it easy to have your voice heard.  You can contact elected leaders at the state and federal level.  Thanks for joining us in the fight for freedom, fairness and equality."
http://www.logcabin.org/logcabin/home.html

But  there is not anything close to the hatred of homosexuals in the GOP rank and file that is portrayed in the caricatures, It leads to some hilarious head scratching in the media when rumors swirl that Matt Drudge is gay but he is still seen at dinner parties with Ann Coulture and Rush Limbaugh. Or that Dick Cheney has a gay daughter assisting in his campaign and nobody takes any notice on our side. I remember how the high schoolish Algore ended many of his statements during one of the debates with "and your lesbian daughter, who we know you love" simply because he was told by his handlers that  that would drive a wedge between Cheney and his evangelical supporters. It didnt.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2008 - 12:54AM #89
Creedofcrusades
[QUOTE=JohnQ;374577]Yes, I am shocked to discover that all though I thought I supported lower taxes...less government intrution, and a strong military....that apparently I do not. :o

While I am not a Log Cabin Repub....my experiences of them are the same as Daves.  I would add that the ones I personally know are unbelieveably stubborn in their support of Repub candidates.  In spite of soon to be former Pres Bush's repeated calls to write discrimination into our great Constitution....they supported and voted for him anyway.  So, I am more than a little skeptical of Creed's prounouncements.[/QUOTE]

Then use their own pronouncments which I provided in the previous post. For free :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2008 - 1:02AM #90
Creedofcrusades
[QUOTE=JohnQ;374577]Yes, I am shocked to discover that all though I thought I supported lower taxes...less government intrution, and a strong military....that apparently I do not. :o

.[/QUOTE]

Any political tent is small by defintion. Without limits it becomes just the norm rather than a direction. A defintion of a political party in common use is ""a reunion of men professing the same political doctrine."  That tent is way too small for people not professing that doctrine isnt it? But I actually prefer Edmund Burke's defintion "an organized assembly of men, united for working together for the national interest, according to the particular principle they agreed upon." Like Henry Ford saying "you can have any color car you like as long as its black" the political tent can be as big as you like...so long as it is limited by the agreed on "principle". And the Republican Party has, as a matter of principle, opposed the homosexual agenda.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 9 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook