Page 12 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Switch to Forum Live View "In God We Trust" Removed?
6 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2008 - 1:30PM #111
Creedofcrusades
[QUOTE=JohnQ;402263]Hardly! 
However, it does seem pretty evident that not all males are straight.

Well, believe what you wish regardless of the facts.

As far as what Lincoln supported and/or would support that is a different matter.   Those were different times.  Lincoln never showed any inclination to support a woman's right to vote and/or statehood for Alaska.  I dare say were he alive today he would support both.

If you are really interested, you could read: "The Intimate World of Abraham Lincoln" by C.A. Tripp published by The Free Press.  It is kind of rough reading....Tripp died before he had a chance to do a final edit of the book.

Early biographers often made allusions to Lincoln's homosexuality and his male to male relationships from Greene to Speed to Ellsworth and Derickson.

Believe what you wish...but, it does not change the facts.

Your case is not made stronger if Lincoln had been straight.[/QUOTE]

There are no facts here. Only inuendo. And weak ones at that. By alll evidences, since we cant look into minds, he was a normal if depressed heterosexual. I dont remember the specifics but I do recall that on a few occasions people who knew their family commented on the obvious sexual attraction between him and his wife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2008 - 2:04PM #112
Creedofcrusades
[QUOTE=TPaine;381354]I agree that all groups deserve representation and participation in the political process. Now answer these questions for me. Do you think that Representative Keith Ellison had a right to take the oath of office using the Qur'an instead of the Bible? If organized prayer was once again allowed in public schools, would you think it was all right if a school in a majority Muslim district had readings from the Qur'an and prayers to Allah?.[/QUOTE]

We have covered this. let local schools do as they please within their own laws. Every state has a functioning government with a judiciary and legslature. The real problem here is cultural genocide some of which is accomplished by unlimited immigration. Russia did it to Latvia, the Ukraine and Romania and had marvelous results as far as control. To this day those countries suffer the results however.
   Ted Kennedy' and the Democrat's philosophy has always been "if you are afraid the people may change the government....then let government change the people first."

[QUOTE=TPaine;381354]Actually, they are economic conservatives who believe in less government. It would be hard to class them as Democrats. At least we agree on the NRA. :).[/QUOTE]

I actually agree more with the pragmatic efforts of the NRA than the other group. I dont oppose the GOA. I just feel more ocmfortable as an NRA member. If the Democrats take the WHitehouse as well as holding congress then you know what will happen to gun rights.

[QUOTE=TPaine;381354]As someone else pointed out the war in Iraq is costing billions and oil prices are skyrocketing, yet there is no major government effort to find alternative fuels. I also find it interesting that those who support Bush's war in Iraq are the same ones that condemned Clinton's wars in Bosnia, Somalia, and Kosovo..[/QUOTE]

We have known that we would be involved in the middle East because of oil for decades.  Oil is vital. Not only for us but all of Western Europe. Japan and Germany expecially depend on the US Navy and military to protect the common interests of civilization and they quietly pay for it. Dollar hegemony is part of the price they are willing to pay and its why when Iraq asked for Euros for it's oil Europe refused. A military is just part of the cost of maintaining our way of life. I remember when the first George Bush said "the American way of life is NOT up for negotiation" when speaking of OPEC. I couldnt agree more.
   I work for an oil company so of course I may be a little biased :)
   DO we need the government to find alternative fuels? Oil moved from alternative fuel to mainstream fuel through the efforts of gazillionairs like Rockefeller....in the era before trustbusting became a hobby and the government contributed to the rise of the greatest nation on earth by simply staying out of the way of its hardworking citizens. We watch Democrats today who apparently never took 10th grade economics questioning the companies that keep our country moving. Unbelievable.
   And, if I am hearing those idiots in Congress right, they are demanding oil companies find an alternative? Does Coke have to try and find alternatives to Coca-Cola? Does Bic need to work like hell to put themselves out of business by trying to find an alternative to ink pens?
   Somalia was of no national interest to us and the end result was cut and run. Im not sure we had much national interest in Bosnia and Kosovo which also distorted  the purpose of a defensive alliance, NATO, towards offensive wars. I believe taking Russia down a peg or two was behind most of that. In Kosovo Clinton took the side of a terrorist organization, the KLA had long been listed as such, and helped Albanians sieze a huge chunk of an ancient nation. Seems he always had a soft spot for Muslim terrorists..remember when he refused to bomb on Ramadan then bombed the hell out of Serbians on Easter Sunday?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2008 - 2:49PM #113
JohnQ

Creedofcrusades wrote:

The voters set the requirments. Try and run a gay president and see what the requirments are.

Well, both Lincoln and Buchanan were elected as presidents.  So, I guess to the voters....one's political view are more important than one's sexuality.

I don't Sen McCain will be elected as our next pres...but, one of the leading contenders for VP on the McCain ticket is gay.  So, I guess there is the possibility that we will see how a gay VP does before the voters.

Peace!                 
------

Christian LIES wed Christian HATE......Begot a child....it’s named Prop 8! 

Supreme Court let it stand.....which means we can vote away the rights of others in our land.

Sad as that may be...it hurts all of us.....not just me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2008 - 3:13PM #114
JohnQ

Creedofcrusades wrote:

I dont think God created gays. But if he did then he created pedophiles and rapists didnt he? That argument wont fly.

Ummm.  You are mixing apples and toxins.  Homosexuality and heterosexuality along with bi-sexuality are all sexual orientations.  Homosexuality, heterosexuality, and bi-sexuality are not illegal.  Sexual acts committed between two consenting adults (regardless of sexuality) are not illegal unless the act in and of itself is illegal.

Pedophiilla and rape are about power...not sexuality.    Sexual acts with children and/or  sexual acts forced on another person  are illegal.

Peace!                 
------

Supreme Court let it stand.....which means we can vote away the rights of others in our land.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2008 - 3:22PM #115
JohnQ

Creedofcrusades wrote:

There are no facts here. Only inuendo. And weak ones at that. By alll evidences, since we cant look into minds, he was a normal if depressed heterosexual. I dont remember the specifics but I do recall that on a few occasions people who knew their family commented on the obvious sexual attraction between him and his wife.

There are no facts that indicate that Lincoln (and/or Buchanan) was straight. 

You are correct, we can not look into his (nor, Buchanan's) mind.  It is certainly possible that Lincoln (and/or Buchanan) was bi-sexual.  However, based on the male-to-male intimate relationships.....It appears very unlikely that Lincoln and/or Buchanan were straight.

Peace!                 
------

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 12 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook