Page 5 of 32  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: MidEast News & Politics DMZ Bar and Grill
7 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2007 - 12:20PM #41
Mlyons619
[QUOTE=rangerken;148040]Without intending any humor, I offer the statment that daughters are God's revenge on fathers for the things they (we) did as young men. As the father of a grown daughter myself, Mark, I can empathyze as well as sympathyze with you. Fortunately, my own hasn't gotten herself into anything like yours. I pray she will find her way out of it...all I can do.

Best wishes,

Ken[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  I pray so also.  She 's not seeing sense anywhere.  Her friends have spoken out against this bozo, and the net result is that she no longer calls them friends...
"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2007 - 11:51AM #42
Mlyons619
[QUOTE=piecesofthewhole;147543]...I hope your daughter can manage a happy ending with this...[/QUOTE]

Yup.  SHE'S gonna have to be the person to do it; but she's been fooled before and if she didn't learn from THAT experience, I rather seriously doubt she manage this situation either...
            --Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2007 - 12:07PM #43
rangerken
Without intending any humor, I offer the statment that daughters are God's revenge on fathers for the things they (we) did as young men. As the father of a grown daughter myself, Mark, I can empathyze as well as sympathyze with you. Fortunately, my own hasn't gotten herself into anything like yours. I pray she will find her way out of it...all I can do.

Best wishes,

Ken
Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2007 - 12:20PM #44
Mlyons619
[QUOTE=rangerken;148040]Without intending any humor, I offer the statment that daughters are God's revenge on fathers for the things they (we) did as young men. As the father of a grown daughter myself, Mark, I can empathyze as well as sympathyze with you. Fortunately, my own hasn't gotten herself into anything like yours. I pray she will find her way out of it...all I can do.

Best wishes,

Ken[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  I pray so also.  She 's not seeing sense anywhere.  Her friends have spoken out against this bozo, and the net result is that she no longer calls them friends...
            --Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2007 - 1:32PM #45
piecesofthewhole
:-( 

Sometimes we have to fall into a hole in the road many times before we learn to avoid it...

or better yet take a different road all together.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 11:38AM #46
Mlyons619
Son John is on leave.  He will be driving from Pendleton today and will be spending Christmas with us.  He flies out on the 26th to visit friends in NYC and to watch the ball drop in Time Square on New Year's Eve.  On January 5, he ships out with his unit to Iraq.

My prayers go out to all those serving and to all their family members waiting back home.

May the Prince of Peace, whose birth we celebrate this season, return soon to His Kingdom.  I'll be first in line to help beat those spearheads into plowshares...

Merry Christmas

and a

Happy and Prosperous

New Year

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2007 - 10:48AM #47
IHOP
Well, Archer is home for Xmas, and Freddy has finally gotten to the age where he can anticipate Xmas.

He woke up this morning and went right to Erikas room (waking her up) "Santa is coming tonight!"

it's actually fun this year.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2007 - 2:43PM #48
rangerken
Our daughter will be over tomorrow morning to collect her 'loot' :)

Mary Clare and I will visit our son at Fort Meade next weekend though we sent huis 'loot' to him already.

And let's not forget that famous song.....

I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus,
Then Daddy got his shotgun and KABOOM......

Or, for those not enamored of snowy, cold Christamsses like we're having right now in Massachusetts....

I'm dreaming of a warm Christmas,
All filled with sun and surf and sand,
Girls in small bikinis....

I'd btter stop now :)

Best to all!!!!!

Ken
Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2007 - 9:03AM #49
IHOP
Now this is the way to run a super hero campaign!

Build the super fort (out of couch cushions) and post signs telling bad guys that this is for superheros ONLY. 

then if any bad guys come, ask them if they are bad guys.  If they say "Yes, I'm a bad guy, HAHAHAHA!" then blast them!

I learn a lot of lessons from Freddy
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2007 - 12:03PM #50
piecesofthewhole
That's great advice.  :-)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 32  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement