Page 30 of 32  •  Prev 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: MidEast News & Politics DMZ Bar and Grill
4 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2010 - 2:25PM #291
habesor

Hi folks,

I just wanted to let you know that I will be traveling in the States for the next three weeks. I'll try to drop in from time to time but I don't know how much time I will have available to spend on the computer, assuming I can find one. 

Habesor

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2010 - 2:28PM #292
rangerken

Most libraries in any American town will let you use a computer, Hab...no charge either.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2010 - 12:30PM #293
habesor

Ken,

Thanks for the information. Right now everyone I am staying with has a computor at home but I don't have much time to get on. Yesterday I was in Manhattan all day and saw a show "la Cage" in the afternoon. The rest of the day I spent following my wife around. She had a full program doing a little shopping and visiting nieces. My son has been in New York for the past month and he joined us at the show and spent the rest of the day with us. Friday we go south to Baltimore/Washington for more family visits and touring. I suspect that I will have a computer made available to me here and there. But if not I will check out the libraries.

Habesor

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2010 - 3:27PM #294
Father_Oblivion

LeahOne asked me if I had left Philadelphia, and I thought it would be more appropriate to discuss that here.

I have not left yet, but I am in the process of moving to Portland, Oregon. I will be leaving by truck tomorrow. I am not in a hurry, so I will probably reach Portland in a week or so.

The important thing to remember about American history is that it is fictional, a charcoal-sketched simplicity for the children or the easily bored. For the most part it is uninspected, unimagined, unthought, a representative of the thing and not the thing itself. It is a fine fiction...
Neil Gaiman
'American Gods'

‎"Ignorance of ignorance, then, is that self-satisfied state of unawareness in which man, knowing nothing outside the limited area of his physical senses, bumptiously declares there is nothing more to know! He who knows no life save the physical is merely ignorant; but he who declares physical life to be all-important and elevates it to the position of supreme reality--such a one is ignorant of his own ignorance."
- Manly Palmer Hall
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2010 - 2:23AM #295
whirligngg

Father O--Hi.

May your journey be what you want and need it to be.

Sending good thoughts your way.

Let us know when you arrive at your destination--the physical one anyway. Cool

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2010 - 9:25PM #296
Mlyons619

HAPPY HALLOWEEN to my Mummy and my Dead, and all my GHOUL friends on the MEN&P Board.

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 1:37PM #297
Stardove

Happy Passover!

For those who celebrate Easter, Happy Holy Week and a blessed Easter Sunday.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2011 - 8:26PM #298
Mlyons619

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2011 - 3:04PM #299
habesor

Hi all,

I'm off on a two week vacation. If I find internet access somewhere I may drop in from time to time. Otherwise you will have a two week vacation from me.

Take care and keep up the good fight.

Habesor 

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2011 - 3:12PM #300
habesor

This has nothing to do with the Middle East but a friend sent me this site and I thought that I would share the experience with you. Make sure you have your sound on and move around using your mouse. It takes a little practice but you get a 360 degree view all around and up and down. I have a wheel on my mouse and it enables me to pan in closely or pan out to get the broad view. Here is the site:

www.vatican.va/various/cappelle/sistina_...

Habesor

Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 30 of 32  •  Prev 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook