Page 1 of 32  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 32 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: MidEast News & Politics DMZ Bar and Grill
7 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 8:08PM #1
Mlyons619
Welcome one and welcome all.

Come on in and sit awhile.

Leave your weapons at the door.

This is a place to sit and relax. To chat with friends.

To show pictures of your children and your pets. To talk about your day or your plans for tonight.

But no discussions of politics or government. No fisticuffs here. No spitting on the floor.

Come on in and join us. All who enter are friends here.

This bar was officially opened on the old Beliefnet by whirlinggal and continues to serve up drinks, jokes, stories, and good company and fellowship to posters of all political creeds.

This constitutes the NEW and IMPROVED Star Trek version of the DMZ!  Check the replicators tho, they're not exact on your orders...!

We are open for business 24/7 and all are welcome !!!
"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2007 - 1:21PM #2
rangerken
Hi all...sorry it took so long for me to 1. make this a sticky thread (so it will always be on top) and 2. enter it myself. Anyway, you can all see my profile and I love reading others'...so do come in and chat about anything BESIDES the stuff we argue about on the board! Here we can just enjoy each other's company and forget the politics.

I'll be 64 on November 17th. You have my permision to sing happy birthday :)...see what a 'sweet' moderator I can be???

Any other birthdays or important events for us
to cheer about???

Ken
Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2007 - 2:17PM #3
Innerpoint
lol - Are you sure that you want all these voices singing 'Happy Birthday' at the same time?  Although, that could be something that you'd remember for a loooong time.

Blessings to you, Ken... just in case I forget (which I'm prone to do) when that day rolls around.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2007 - 7:16PM #4
Mlyons619
[QUOTE=rangerken;48742]...I'll be 64 on November 17th. You have my permision to sing happy birthday :)...see what a 'sweet' moderator I can be???...Any other birthdays or important events for us
to cheer about???

Ken[/QUOTE]

:( Ack!  64!  Where did our youth go?  I'll be 53 in December.  Ack Ack Ack! :(
"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2007 - 7:24AM #5
habesor
I hope everyone gets a lot of practice singing to Ranger Ken. On the 18th of November I'll be 65 and I would like those singing to me to be in good form.

Mylons, it's not so bad being 65. It's a lot better than the alternative. If you're lucky you have grandchildren. These are just like children but you get to have all the fun with them and none of the responsibilities. Of course, it kind of hurts my pride to crawl into bed at night with a grandmother, but who said life has to be perfect.
Habesor
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2007 - 11:07PM #6
IHOP
I just realized my drivers liscence expires when I turn 40.

I can't believe that I"m gonna turn 40!  (someday)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2007 - 9:48PM #7
IHOP
Please go here and give me your opinion:

Should he go or not?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2007 - 10:08PM #8
rangerken
He should go, IHOP. Unless the event was inappropriate for kids I know that I'd have wanted my son and daughter to have been at something like that regardless of their age. And in fact, prior to some of my own 'trips' after I became a father my kids did attend some pre-trip events.

Ken
Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2007 - 3:54PM #9
IHOP
I've fully informed Archer of my concerns and he's gonna talk to a coworker who is a great dad and a great friend to see what he thinks.

Also, I've told ARcher that Freddy would get some good practice with his social skills, in playing with the friend.

BUT....having said all that..... I'm leaving it up to him.  If he still wants Freddy to come, then I'll take him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2007 - 7:02PM #10
IHOP
Archer talked to a coworker/friend/(kindof Mentor Daddy) who said it's just a lunch adn theres no real need, and he'd get more out of his playdate with his friend.

so that's solved.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 32  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 32 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook