6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 3:27PM #1
whirlinggal
As I look at the threads on this board I see several different kinds of threads being posted.

I wonder--

What kinds of topics are important to you? Which ones relate to you and your life?

Which topics do you prefer to post about and to create threads about?

And why?

Thanks in advance for feedback.
WGal
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 3:42PM #2
stitch813
IMO it is the war.  I think we forget it or ignore it much too easily.  I know that it has it's own spot on Beliefnet but I think it is a political issue too.  And I also think that the current onslaught of tragedies from poisoned toys to poisoned food to the recent report from Nasa on the airline industry proves a point about the current state of our government.  It is not only run by a man who doesn't have any idea what he's doing but he also seems to have put a lot of people into high places of power that don't seem to have any idea what they are doing either. 

Wgal, actually to be quite honest I can't think of anything that isn't important at the moment because everything is DIRE!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 4:46PM #3
delmarvamom
My thoughts on political topics I am interested in:

Iraq war - ending it, funding it, getting to the bottom of why we are there
energy policies - raising fuel efficiency standards, new energy sources
2009 candidates
healthcare policies - coverage for the poor
education policy - getting rid of NCLB or at least revision
attorney general appointment
the ecomony
the federal budget
votes in congress

I think we have discussed the following too much: the media,global warming, and judgements of other ciizens and their political leanings.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 5:21PM #4
doxieman122
Human rights (for BORN humans) across the global scale -- from legal access to reproductive health care to quality and affordable health care for all to ending the death penalty (and torture, and rendition, and unjust wars, and genocide, and ...).
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 9:08PM #5
stitch813
These are great ideas for topics but as looking at one other topic with a witty title kind of off topic wouldn't it be nice to just start a thread saying Iraq War or 2009 Candidates or Global Warming.  We try to come up with interesting little ways of getting people to participate but then they end up debating the ridiculous thread name instead of the topic.  As someone who had to read every little positive crap thing while Iraq was in turmoil(and yes I'm not sure if we are in a trend or a blip in Iraq)because I picked the stupid name "good news in Iraq" I know what I speak of but as the author of more accurate titles they blow right off the first page.

Obviously we All care about our country immensely or we wouldn't waste our time on Beliefnet in the first place , so perhaps it's time to put the vitriole on the shelf and talk about the important decisions we are interested in, because those who are interested in Briitney's lack of underwear sure as hell aren't discussing what's going on in our country.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook