Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Yes .. it's that time again.
7 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2007 - 11:05PM #1
Bodean
Thought I'd start a thread on the most important political issue of our time!

Global Warming.

Here is one take ....

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic … E_ID=57099
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 10:09AM #2
claret1995
My favorite topic
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 10:27AM #3
catboxer
Have you guys heard any of the rumors about Southern California being on fire, or the Southeastern U.S. dying of thirst? No, I thought not. They're just rumors anyway.

The Wikipedia entry for the real, actual topic under discussion here says in part: "Denial is a defense mechanism in which a person is faced with a fact that is too painful to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence. The subject may deny the reality of the unpleasant fact altogether (simple denial), admit the fact but deny its seriousness (minimisation) or admit both the fact and seriousness but deny responsibility (transference). The concept of denial is particularly important to the study of addiction."

Ah yes, addiction, another painful subject. For an analysis of your addiction, please see my thread, "How to Get a Clue." Take it to heart, and you'll enhance your own odds of surviving the next 20 years.
Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 11:38AM #4
whirlinggal
CatB--I don't even live in the same state with the SoCAl WILDFIRES--

but we're going to get the ash from the WILDFIRES blown into our state anyway.

They're warning anyone with breathing problems to stay indoors.

But all that ash in the troposphere--that's just a rumor--right?
That wouldn't cause a CHANGE in the CLIMATE like the years the volcanoes blew up (one in Mexico and one in the northwest US) and plunged our winter temps down below freezing day after day--in our deserts.

But all that CLIMATE CHANGE from the WILDFIRES--that's just a rumor and not based on any HISTORY--right?

WGal
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 11:38AM #5
whirlinggal
CatB--I don't even live in the same state with the SoCAl WILDFIRES--

but we're going to get the ash from the WILDFIRES blown into our state anyway.

They're warning anyone with breathing problems to stay indoors.

But all that ash in the troposphere--that's just a rumor--right?
That wouldn't cause a CHANGE in the CLIMATE like the years the volcanoes blew up (one in Mexico and one in the northwest US) and plunged our winter temps down below freezing day after day--in our deserts.

But all that CLIMATE CHANGE from the WILDFIRES--that's just a rumor and not based on any HISTORY--right?

WGal
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 4:55PM #6
Erey
I am with Anderson
-----------------------
When CNN producer David Doss announced that Planet in Peril would probably become a regular feature on Anderson Cooper 360
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 8:33PM #7
Bodean
Since when is drought and lack of rainfall a sign of global warming???

Wildfires??? ... they happen.  Droughts .. hey happen.

I can see that the "seeds of deception" have taken full root in some people.

BTW .. did you hear .. we are in a La Nina ... and that equals major Global Cooling.

The astro guys are predicting that we may be in for a Mauder Minimum (ie., little ice age) variety of cooling ... starting ... right now, and peeking between 2020 and 2030, and lasting up into 2060.

Man .. won't that throw a monkey wrench in some folks agenda!

BTW ... when it happens, will you people admit that you've been taken??
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 9:25PM #8
catboxer
We ask our leaders for leadership in dealing with climate change and we get denial, and oil wars.

We ask for health care and we get told there's no money available, and we get oil wars.

We ask for workable alternatives to oil and gasoline, which might be a beginning to addressing the problem of climate change, and we get oil wars.

We demand peace, and we get oil wars.

We demand the truth about "terrorism," and we get oil wars.

We obviously can't live with these leaders, be they Republican or Democrat.

Forget elections. It's time to shut this country down.

Maybe if there wasn't so much hot air coming out of Washington, D.C. the climate might improve and we could put the fires out.
Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2007 - 8:27AM #9
Barrett-9317
My biggest issue right now is the steadily growing police state, both at home with warrantless wiretapping, police brutality (people getting tasered and beaten for asking questions), and abroad with defense contractors and the Military-Industrial Complex fueling endless war for profit.

Global Warming scares me too, but not nearly as much as some of the more immediate threats looming on the horizon.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2007 - 10:14AM #10
Bodean
[QUOTE=catboxer;17939]We ask our leaders for leadership in dealing with climate change and we get denial, and oil wars..[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true believer!!!

IMO, considering all the evidence, and looking at current conditions, IS GOOD LEADERSHIP!!

Whether you believe in AGW or not, the context of the scenario is factual.

1) The IPCC was set up to assess "Man's" impact on climate.  Thus, there is no report that can come out of the IPCC that can state the opposite, least they dissolve themselves.

2) CO2 is one factor being considered, but there are others.  It's true, according to the CO2 crowd, CO2 is the strongest predictor.  But according to other crowds, "their" interest is the strongest predictor.  This is to be expected.

Old Theodore Lanscheidt has successfully predicted the last 4 El Ninos, and 2 La Ninas, based on Scientific Equations (which are published and available for anyone to replicate), that are based on the torque forces of the solar system taking into account solar irradiace, Center of Mass, the Gravitational pulls of the planets on the sun, Sun rotation, etc ...

His prediction, the earth is heading into a cooling period that could be on par with the Mauder Minimum (little ice age).

His prediction is corroberated by multiple astrophysicist groups in Europe ... who came to these conclusions separately from him.

In contrast, The AGW crowd refuses to archive data and methods and allow the "uninitiated" to varify their predictions.  Basically, it's a "believe it because we told you too" mentality.

Landscheidt mathmatically defines the El Nino/La Nina Cycle and shows the switches, and how they correlate with other sun cycles that are well documented in the PEER REVIEWED literature.  In case you didn't notice, we had just 1 .. ONE La Nina between 1976 and 1998.   So oever a 22 year period, just one La Nina.  In contrast, since 1999, we've had one moderate La Nina, and we are now in another.

SO .. why should our Government ignore other sources of information.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook