Switch to Forum Live View Government by Corporatocracy vs. the People
6 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2007 - 3:15PM #1
catboxer
The National Aeronautic and Space Administration has refused for two years to release the results of a safety survey it conducted among airline pilots back in 2005. It continues to refuse to release them.

But the survey's results have been leaked to the press. They show that pilots testified that bird strikes, near midair collisions, runway interference, and last-minute changes in landing instructions are all much more common than the governing agencies involved in airline safety  have been willing to admit.

The reason the NASA gave for refusing to release this information is that public awareness of the true hazards of flying would negatively impact airline profits.

I'm not sure if that's true. Public awareness of the true hazards of driving has never been compromised by secrecy, but people continue to drive.

The story is here: http://news.aol.com/story/_a/nasa-wont- … 0000000001
Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2007 - 4:51PM #2
delmarvamom
The explanation for not releasing the report seems lame. If it were a reliability problem, I could understand.  I agree that it would not affect airline travel much. Frequent flyers don't have a choice. We deserve the truth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2007 - 8:55PM #3
doxieman122
Why was NASA even involved?

Isn't this an FAA responsibility (not that I trust them either ...)?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 10:21AM #4
jacknky
This is a very secretive administration. perhaps it's simply a reflex to try and stop negative info from getting out.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 5:40PM #5
Hatman
CB-
Obviously, this small item regarding the public release of information that may be damaging to a private industry, is simply symptomatic of whose interest this government TRULY protects; this is but a snapshot of a portion of what is VISIBLY being withheld, with the vast majority of that iceberg still hidden under the mantle of "national security", which, translated, means "corporate protection", in the vast majority of cases.

What seems to have happened is rather than the government using it's military might to nationalize all corporate industries, impressing them to the service of the State(fascism), the opposite has occured; banks and allied corporations have taken over the GOVERNMENT, and dictate to IT what it's policies and practices will be.

I seem to recall many so-called "industry lobbyists" being the very ones who WRITE THE BILLS that Congress rubber-stamps without even READING them---that about right?

With goodwill to all the People-

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook