Page 3 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Islam supports Terrorism
7 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2007 - 1:09AM #21
vanhoopcoach
[QUOTE=NJLee;44429]The facts ae in the hands of our state department and I believe them. 

The evidence was Iranian Arms and militia fighters in Iraq. 

I'm convinced, you should be also.[/QUOTE]

The sky is falling,the sky is falling....you otta put that straw down before you and snoot's Bush go to far....the sky is falling,the sky is falling....
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2007 - 1:11AM #22
vanhoopcoach
[QUOTE=NJLee;44429]The facts ae in the hands of our state department and I believe them. 

The evidence was Iranian Arms and militia fighters in Iraq. 

I'm convinced, you should be also.[/QUOTE]

You need to stop drinking the koolaid...I'm convinced cause daddy-george says so.......
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2007 - 9:29PM #23
NJLee
Schools for young men beng taught to kill for Islam is just one of many ways that Muslims and Islam supports terrorism around the world.

It is one of the most reprehensible and uncivilized.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2007 - 11:42PM #24
CityZen_X
NJ-lets face it. All religions are screwed up! They are the de-evolution of mankind.
Although, I have never heard of anyone killing in the name of Buddah! ((((Ohmmmm,Ohmmmm)))))
To "choose" dogma and faith over doubt and experiment is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the Kool-Aid."

Christopher Hitchens

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.
  - Sir Richard Francis Burton
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2007 - 12:41AM #25
myrick007
NJ-lets face it. All religions are screwed up! They are the de-evolution of mankind.
Although, I have never heard of anyone killing in the name of Buddah! ((((Ohmmmm,Ohmmmm)))))
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is true to a certain extent. At least in the past. However Christianity is not currently teaching millions of its children to hate others & promising them God will reward them for killing his many enemies. Parts of Islam is actively doing so as we speak. Creating the Islamic terrorist horrors our children must face in their future.To deny this is true, is foolish. To not try & remove this threat to our children & even their children, is unforgivable. To just say "everybody does it, or is doing it" is the height of stupidity. A freezing of human evolution & social achievements. However we do need to work on our approach to the problem.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2007 - 8:27PM #26
NJLee

CityZen_X wrote:

I don't know of any Christian Denomination that supports terrorism.  I am a Christian and we are a religion of peace and activism when people maim and kill.  I think that we are too complacent and respectful when it comes to the Islamic Terrorism that infects the world community.

Unlike the Muslims today, if it were Christians who were killing in the name of God,  all Christains would be up in arms condeming such actions and doing something about.

It is deep regret that I see the Muslims of the world, devoid of concrete action against their fellow Muslims.  That coupled with the statistic that 26% of young American Muslims would justify terrorism if Islam were threatened,  gives me greater concern.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2007 - 8:32PM #27
NJLee
I completely agree with you.

When will we begin to cut through the fog that seems to engulf every outrageous terrorist action.  Muslims ignore them and the Liberals in the US Blame Bush.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2007 - 10:25PM #28
myrick007
What if a peaceful Muslim perceives Islamic Jihad in the world as a bad thing? The Qur'an answers such questions. Its not about perception its about submission.

Qur'an 2:216 "Jihad is ordained for you, though you dislike it. But it is possible that you dislike a thing which is good for you, and like a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knows, and you know not."

Qur'an 8:24 "O believers! Answer Allah and (His) Messenger when he calls you to do that which will give you life [martyrdom]..... Fear the affliction and trial that awaits those who do not obey. Allah is severe."

Qur'an 9:111 "Allah has purchased the believers, their lives and goods. For them is the Garden (of Paradise). They fight in Allah's Cause, and they slay and are slain; they kill and are killed."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about young Muslim in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, who travel to join the fighting fronts of Jihad in the ME & other parts of the world? Where do they find the inspiration?  After the Prophet conquered Mecca, what was the plan for Islam's future?

Muslim C20B1N4597 The Prophet said at the conquest of Mecca: "There is no migration now, but only Jihad, fighting for the Cause of Islam. When you are asked to set out on a Jihad expedition, you should readily do so."

Of course this is only one of a great number of similar passages encouraging what we see in Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc. Its easy to see the plan needing to dominate politics & governments through Islam. Since the large number of such passages are not going to go away, how can Muslim fix the ME?

Maybe thats why Muslim have no specific answers except get out of the ME. Unfortunately the passages do not stop with the ME, but have global implications. The fighting has already spread far beyond the ME. How ya gonna keep those Arabs down on the sand, after they see the world. And realize how much Jizyah Tax they could be collecting $$$$$.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2007 - 10:25PM #29
myrick007
What if a peaceful Muslim perceives Islamic Jihad in the world as a bad thing? The Qur'an answers such questions. Its not about perception its about submission.

Qur'an 2:216 "Jihad is ordained for you, though you dislike it. But it is possible that you dislike a thing which is good for you, and like a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knows, and you know not."

Qur'an 8:24 "O believers! Answer Allah and (His) Messenger when he calls you to do that which will give you life [martyrdom]..... Fear the affliction and trial that awaits those who do not obey. Allah is severe."

Qur'an 9:111 "Allah has purchased the believers, their lives and goods. For them is the Garden (of Paradise). They fight in Allah's Cause, and they slay and are slain; they kill and are killed."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about young Muslim in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, who travel to join the fighting fronts of Jihad in the ME & other parts of the world? Where do they find the inspiration?  After the Prophet conquered Mecca, what was the plan for Islam's future?

Muslim C20B1N4597 The Prophet said at the conquest of Mecca: "There is no migration now, but only Jihad, fighting for the Cause of Islam. When you are asked to set out on a Jihad expedition, you should readily do so."

Of course this is only one of a great number of similar passages encouraging what we see in Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc. Its easy to see the plan needing to dominate politics & governments through Islam. Since the large number of such passages are not going to go away, how can Muslim fix the ME?

Maybe thats why Muslim have no specific answers except get out of the ME. Unfortunately the passages do not stop with the ME, but have global implications. The fighting has already spread far beyond the ME. How ya gonna keep those Arabs down on the sand, after they see the world. And realize how much Jizyah Tax they could be collecting $$$$$.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2007 - 12:43PM #30
The-middle-way
NjLee,

Please read the following and then tell me how Islam can support terrorism:

Islam allows war only in defensive circumstances, and it allows offensive war in order to fight opression as a last resort, and this latter type of war has to be ordered by a valid Muslim ruler.

here is what the Quran says about how to treat non-Muslims that do not wage war on Muslims:

Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.

Allah only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong. (60:1-9)

And here is the Quranic verse that shows that fighting the non-Muslims is only in defense...:

"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith. But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevails justice and faith in God; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression" (2:190-193).

Here are some of the war ethics in Islam:

The Prophet [sm] has explicitly condemned and prohibbited the killing of the elderly, women, children, non-combatants, and monks.

The Prophet [sm] adressed a Muslim army who were about to go to war, in the following terms:

"Go to war in adherance to the religion of God. Never touch the elderly, women or children. Allways improve their situation and be kind to them. God loves those who are sincere" [Ahmad, diya'al-Din. alKamushKhanawi, Ramuz al-Ahadith. vol 1, 84/8]

The Messenger of Allah [sm] also clarified the attitude a Muslim soldier must adopt, even in the middle of a raging battle, in the following terms:

"Do not kill children. avoid them people who devote themselves to worshiping in churches! Never murder women and the elderly. Do not set trees on fire or cut them down. Never destroy houses!" [Ahmad, Diya'al-Din alkamushKhanawi, Ramuz al-Ahadith, vol 1, 76/12]

"...in Islam, the only wars that are permitted are between armies and they should engage on battle fields and engage nobly...The Prophet Muhammed [sm] said: "Do not kill women or children or non-combatants, and do not kill old people or religious people", and he mentioned priests, nuns and rabbi's. And he said "Do not cut down fruit bearing trees and do not poison the well of your enemies. ...". [Quote of Shiekh Hamza Yusuf, San Hose Mercury News, sep 15, 2001]

In Sahih Bukhari, Book of Jihad, Chapter 147, hadith 257-258, it says:

"A woman was found killed during one of the Apostle of God's battles. so the Apostle of God forbade the killing of women and children"

Abu Bakar As-Siddique [ra], the first Caliph of Islam, and one of the rightly guided caliphs, gave the following command to his army before the first Syrian expedition:

"Stop O people, that I may give you ten rules to keep by heart: Do not commit treachery, nor depart from the right path. You must not mutilate, nither kill a child or aged man or woman. Do not destroy a palm tree, nor burn it with fire and do not cut a fruitfull tree. You must not slay any of the flock or herds or the camels, save for your subsistence. You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to monastic services; leave them to that which they have devoted their lives. You are likely, likewise, to find people who will present to you meals of many kinds. You amy eat, but do not forget to mention the name of Allah". [Tabari, Ta' rikh, 1, 1850, cited in Majid Khadduri, War and Peace in the Law of Islam, John Hopkins Press, Balitmore, 1955, pg. 102]

Now given the clear cut evidence above that Islam has nothing to do with terrorism, can you claim anymore that it does?

Yes there are a tiny minority of Muslims engaged in terrorism, but as I said before, that has nothing to do with the true Islam.

Peace.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook