Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Switch to Forum Live View Islam supports Terrorism
7 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2007 - 12:30AM #51
rangerken
The comment about US troops being trained to be suicide bombers was vile. I've left it up as an example of what is totally unacceptable on this board but I have sent a warning.

Knock that stuff off.

No reply is desired to this message and any posted will be deleted.

Stay on topic and stop the nonsense please.

Rangerken, beliefnet community host
Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2007 - 2:08PM #52
NJLee

rangerken wrote:

The comment about US troops being trained to be suicide bombers was vile. I've left it up as an example of what is totally unacceptable on this board but I have sent a warning.

Knock that stuff off.

No reply is desired to this message and any posted will be deleted.

Stay on topic and stop the nonsense please.

Rangerken, beliefnet community host

Thank you Ken

On the other hand, comments like that ugly one illustrate a state of mind and define the poster more than they upset me and I suspect others on my side of these discussions.

If this coment is inappropriate, I apologize.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2007 - 10:38PM #53
Mlyons619
Does Islam support terrorism

These posting seem to suggest that in the USA it does NOT
[http://community.beliefnet.com/forums/s … post109012

There may be similar fatwas elsewhere in the World - but they  probably doesn't garner as much interest as would fatwas from a few Islamic extremist whackjobs who say Muhammed wants to blow up Westerners.

The whackjob minority is the enemy -- the mainstream religion is not...!
"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2007 - 10:47PM #54
rangerken
Mylons once again reminds us of a very important fact. Our enemy is NOT Islam. It IS Radical Islamists who...we must also keep in mind..are by far deadlier and more horrid to other Muslims than anyone else.

Ken
Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2007 - 6:05PM #55
NJLee

rangerken wrote:

Mylons once again reminds us of a very important fact. Our enemy is NOT Islam. It IS Radical Islamists who...we must also keep in mind..are by far deadlier and more horrid to other Muslims than anyone else.

Ken

That is very true and why I so appreciate the recent Fatwa against Terrorism constructed with the help of Christians and Jews.

My opposition to Islamic Terrorisim is based firstly on the actions of the minority of Muslims who are Terrorists AND the reluctance of Muslims to speak out against each and every ugly action that this minority of Muslims committes.  If these terrorists were Christains, we would be the first to speak out against them.

The structure of Islam doesn;t seem to contain the authority of anyone Muslim organization to speak out AND carry a big stick.  When this changes, my comments will be more amenable to recognizing that it is a minoriy of Muslims. 

There is also the pew Research study that shows that 26% of young American Muslims will resort to terrorism if Islam is threatened.  This is a terrirying statistic in itself.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook