Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View "Let's Start A War!"
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 11:12AM #1
whirlinggal
Okay--here's a new game to play--

Take any statement made by GW and his admin spokespersons--like Cheney--about IRAN

--and whenever he says "Iran" substitute "Iraq"

And see how familiar it sounds to you.

WGal

Oh yeah--you'd better make it a drinking game--so that every time he says "Iran"--Drink!

Because you're not going to want to be sober when he starts another war.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 11:38AM #2
piecesofthewhole
It may be the eternal optimist in me, but I really don't think that the people of the U.S will abide another preemptive strike.

Like we did before.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 12:08PM #3
whirlinggal
Pieces--usually I'm an optimist too--but I watched the Frontline documentary last night--

"Cheney's Law"  (www.pbs.org)

--and they really do seem to have it set up--and have the mindset that they can do anything they want to--

--and they don't need Congress or Americans to agree with what they want to do.

It was very chilling indeed.

WGal

IMO this is related to their not talking about what Israel did to Syria.

You know--I never used to think like this--all this secret stuff--but GW cured me of that. According to the documentary the whole GW admin is based on secrecy.

And there's tons of stuff they've done--in our name--that we'll never know.

GW was pretty chilling about that this morning in his press conference too. Wouldn't answer half the questions put to him--even when reporters cited Americans' right to know.

He also talked about Congress as though it's supposed to be the servant of the prez and not co-equal with the executive branch--just the way the documentary said GW and his admin think.

Very frightening indeed.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 1:47PM #4
Find1Answer
Yes this is what is happening,  has always happened.    This penetrating focus that we enjoy now has allowed us to see the face of politics driven by business.     I think early in the beginning of the corporatism we Americans did not complain that much.   or looked the other way.     after all we could count on them to employ us for life and pension us off.    This is not the case anymore.   corporate has become a monster.    they do not need us anymore.     and we are just now saying, hey wait a minute.    but what are you going to do? about it.

The US and any imperialistic country has always gone for the natural resources of any country they have messed with.    If the US says it is to dispose some evil tyrant,   than it is some evil tyrant that is not letting the US have their natural resources.      The US is just going after the sloppy 3rds and beyond.    Yes the current administration has the spotlight on them but the spotlight was never turned on for prior administrations.    WHAT????You think BClinton is the only one to get serviced in the WH.      He seems to be the only one ever OUTED while in office.
it's that damn spotlight.

Yes Virginia there is a santa clause and yes they do whatever they want.    what's to stop them.
If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced.
That's why when people lose their sense of humor, their sense of self-importance is enhanced..
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 8:49PM #5
stitch813
I finally saw the buffoon again, today was not a good day to catch him.  The sinister laugh as he mentioned Iran and  World War III and one second later as if he let himself in on the joke(which I myself didn't find very funny at all) he said he takes the idea of a war with Iran and an Iran with nucular weapons very seriously.  If only he hadn't tripped up and laughed in the middle of his lunatic fringe.  So which mad man in control of a country is worse?  We have Bush, Israel has Ohlmert, Iran has what's his name, Korea has Kim, Russia has Putin. Why do I see the entire country going off a cliff?

That's supposed to be world going off a cliff.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 8:56PM #6
Omarkhayyam
U guys remember a few months back when Mylons (I think) was telling us that war with Iran would NEVER happen because we didn't have the troops, the military brass were opposed, and Our Glorious Leader wasn't REALLY interested?

What now brown cow?
This is OZ? I want back to KS.

What was it? Click your heels together 3 times and say - what??
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 9:05PM #7
JoanTreese
I THOUGHT I had heard just about everything that the Idiot-in-chief could make as far as absurd, stupid statements. But today he out did himself! The Idiot would love to see WWIII. I would HOPE that the American people have gotten wise to his scare tactics and bullshit and wouldn't fall for another quagmire like Iraq. How many more days left in this "administration?" I hope we survive it!:rolleyes:
Joan

He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? [Micah 6:8]
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 11:31AM #8
rangerken
I don't have a problem with our going to war....IF... let me do that again... IF, IF, IF, IF ..... doing it is...
1. clearly in our own best interests...and...
2. it has the overwhelming support of the congress (as in actually declaring war)...and...
3. it has the overwhelming support of us American citizens...and...
4. we tell the military what the objective is and then keep out of the way while they achieve that objective...and...
5. we do not give one, single, slightest, remotest DAMN about any and all 'collateral damage' to anyone or anything...keep our own losses  a minimum...kill as many of the enemy as possble...totally smash everything the enemy has...not give a single damn about what the UN or Zambia or Obligotsastan thinks...and then leave withOUT spending one single dollar on rebuilding the pile of rubble we leave behind..

If all five things do not apply...if ANY of the five don't apply...and if doing number 5 isn't acceptable to our civilian leadership...then we damn well should NOT go to war!

And that's my opinion as a retired army officer, married to a retired amy offier, with a son now serving in the army.

Soooo...As of now I am strongly, unequivocally, opposed to going to war with Iran! If all 5 points above fall into place, then I'll cheer my son and his friends on loudly...IF all 5 things apply, and only IF!

Ken
Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 11:43AM #9
whirlinggal
Stitch--yep--that laugh was chilling.  What kind of meds is he on? Is Rush sending him some cherce ones?

That whole press conference was very disturbing--to have someone like GW talking about WW3 and LAUGHING!

G-d help us.
WGal

KEn--thanks so much for your well-thought out post--and thanks for posting on my thread.

I'll have to come back later and respond in a thoughtful way to your ideas.

Right now I am wigging out about GW and his WW3 ideas.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 11:47AM #10
rangerken
Well...one nice , cross board visit deserves another W'gal :)

Ken
Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook