Page 3 of 223  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 223 Next
6 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 7:02PM #21
Fodaoson
John David 23 old belief net Iraq war post 60 dated 10/14/2007 "fodasons's bogus argument that US citizens gives up constitutional rights when he becomes part of the mililtary is military propoganda for power over peoples lives"
The US Constitution Article I section 8: The congress shall have the power...to raise and support Armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years.
to make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces.
to provide for callling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, supress insurrections, and repel invasions.
I do not believe the use of the natoinal guard in Iraq is constitutuionalandhave expressed the view before
“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 7:15PM #22
Fodaoson
my previous post isonly half there. I will learn how to work this new fangled thang!!
“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 12:15AM #23
johndavid23
fodason,

Sorry, but the way Bnet keeps old posts scrambled, it seems worthless hunting down the post to respond (not to mention,  rather anal).  I can only imagine that you were saying how soldiers have to play "follow the leader"; whereas, the Constitution protects all citizens from "involuntary servitude".  In fact, the Revolution was precipitated by British forcing "Americans" to man their ships.  Oil barons doing that now reeks of the same servitude.  Of course, there are plenty willing to forfeit their freedom for money and promises.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 12:53AM #24
Innerpoint
I've found a way around the glitch in the copy/paste section until such time as our systems experts can get it fixed.

When you paste something into the 'reply' box, go ahead and do what you normally would, then end with 'submit reply'.  Your reply immediately comes up on the screen,  If you see that part of it is missing, click 'edit', highlight the text in the reply box, then click on 'paste' again.  This will replace what is there with what you originally had, as long as you hadn't typed anything else in.  A good practice, for now, is to 'right-click/copy' anything you have in the reply box before submitting.  After pasting into the reply box, again, click 'save'.  Your message will show in its entirety - no glitches.

Sorry for the interruption.... please continue.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 2:15PM #25
exsem
NJ Lee

In #15 you say it is important to secure Iraq's oil.  Seems you do not want to allow them to decide whom to sell their oil to!  Oil imperialism!

And your comparison of future Iraq to Japan and Germany is a false comparison.  In those cases, we did not destroy the civil service system in those countries like Bremer did in Iraq.  We worked with them, excluding only those who were fairly high up in the enemy  systems.  And we had a whole corps of military people trained in civil government to move in when the  wars were  over.  This has not happened in Iraq.  Moreover, when we conquered them we did so under a "unconditional surrender" program.  We do not have such a program in Iraq.   These are not just apples and oranges.  Thecomparison you make is between peas and elephants.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 2:26PM #26
NJLee
You don't know how oil markets work

Believe what you want to and blame America First if you like.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 3:57PM #27
exsem
NJ Lee,

I certainly do know how oil markets work, and the Iraqis will probably sell their oil to China if we allow them.  But then we would have no need to stay in Iraq.

And has been  pointed out by countless people, Bush lied to us about wmds etc.  We had no business going into Iraq.  Saddam was no longer killing masses of people, and our no-fly zones (created by Bush sr.) let us know what Saddam was up to, and when Iraq planes were sent up to attack our planes in the no-fly zone, we shot them down and often destroyed their bases. Saddam posed no threat to us or any other country.  He was a skunk, of course, but so are many others we are friendly with, such as China!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 4:02PM #28
NJLee
You demonstrate that you have no understanding of oil markets again.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 4:06PM #29
NJLee
This is a topic I started long ago when the dims were saying the war is lost and wanted to retreat it Iraq.

Now it is obvious that the surge is working,  and we are winning the war in Iraq.

Let's support the troops, our President, and the world community who want to see alQaeda defeated in iraq, and the Iraq people given a chance at democracy and prosparity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 4:43PM #30
rabello
[QUOTE=NJLee;8828]Now it is obvious that the surge is working,  and we are winning the war in Iraq..[/QUOTE]

That isn't "obvious" at all.  We don't know what's going on over there, except that many Iraqi's have been arrested and imprisoned without charge (where have we heard that one before?) and that their communities are being "walled off," keeping them entrapped in their houses and neighborhoods.

[QUOTE]Let's support the troops, our President, and the world community who want to see alQaeda defeated in iraq, and the Iraq people given a chance at democracy and prosparity.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the 4+ million refugees who have lost their homes because of US military action on them for something somebody else did to us, or the people who will live and work in the new Emerald City?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 223  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 223 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook