Page 5 of 225  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 225 Next
7 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 7:00AM #41
SherriMunnerlyn
[QUOTE=atheist-petunia;20092]of course, bush supporters can never back off now.  that would mean that all the deaths and the destruction and the injuries and the damage to our position in the world and the loss of american honor and mindnumbing cost would be for nothing and  would in fact be their fault for backing bush in the first place. so, no matter how obviously wrong and evil the whole stupid war is, the sheeple will wave their little flags and quip god bless america and never allow themselves to actually look at what evil their leader has done.[/QUOTE]

atheist-petunia,

I was recently noticing that the human rights organizations Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have issued multiple lengthy reports addressing US human rights violations/war crimes on issues such as illegal detention of prisoners, torture, and capital punishment . You can go to an index and search of US documents to retrieve. I previously read reports addressing entire families (which include young children) that have disappeared, believed to be held by the US somewhere in secret prisons.

The US completely ignores international law and blatantly violates international law on a regular basis, treating it as something only their enemies must abide by.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 7:59AM #42
NJLee
You can go to an index and search of US documents to retrieve. I previously read reports addressing entire families (which include young children) that have disappeared, believed to be held by the US somewhere in secret prisons.

If you believe that you believe in the tooth fairy and have absolutely no confidence in the liberal media, the Democrat Party, the US Government, the US constitution, US law.

Maybe you should move.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 2:40PM #43
Fodaoson
Because the US soldiers deaths are lower it looks like some progress maybe in the making. I certainly hope so.  I dowish the US woulddomore alkingwithourfriends, our enemies and teh friends of our enemies.  War i sometimesw called the next to the last step  step in diplomacy, the nlaswt step being winning decidedly. It is  not the first or second or third.  But that is all past in Iraq, we are there and must some how complete the mess we created by our actions.
FYI: I had a heart attack last  week and I am finding myself reasessing  my life, my philosopy, etc.  Also I have some lingering memory probems and my PTSD has been reactivated.  This is all incidental and If I have contridictory thoughts for a couple of weeks , justbear with me, point them out kindly and we will  continue to entertain one another with our overblown expertise and self back patting.
“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 3:32PM #44
NJLee
Darn it but I lost the start of my response, but will try again

Foda I am sorry to hear about your heart attack.  Please take care of yourself because I value your responses.  I will try to be kind and compassionate (as usual??) in my responses.

I will admit as you so correctly pointed our that Iraq is a mess.....

I hope you are encouraged that the mess is getting a bit less messy as evidenced by the low US and Iraqi casualties and the news that the US has turned another area back to the Iraqis to govern.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 10:11PM #45
Piobair_Paganach

The US does not commit war crimes and acts of terror and illegal acts under international law.

The multiple instances of summary execution of detainees and the massacre  of unarmed civilians by American forces at places like Balad, Sumarra, and Haditha are so  well documented now as to require no remuneration here.
The summary execution of unarmed prisoners and the indiscriminate killing  of civilians is expressly forbidden by the Geneva Conventions; they are war  crimes.

Entire families of women and children have been captured and held hostage  by American forces, threatened to be raped and murdered if prisoners didn't  confess. This is expressly forbidden under the Geneva Conventions; a war  crime.

At Fallujah, an entire city of 200,000 people was declared a free-fire  zone, all medical staff was rounded up and "evacuated", convoys of food, water,  and medical supplies were prevented from entering, and unarmed civilians were  machine-gunned by American helicopter gunships as they tried to evacuate the  city (there are video and audio recordings of the event), which was shelled with  cluster bombs, white phosphorous, and bombed with high explosives and napalm.  This was collective punishment for the deaths of four Blackwater mercenaries. 
Collective punishment, denial of food, water, and medical care, the use of  chemical weapons, and the indiscriminate targeting of civilians are all  expressly prohibited by the Geneva Conventions. When committed by individuals,  they're war crimes. When committed by armies, they're crimes against  humanity.

So many incidents of rape, sodomy, and torture, including at least by one  count over 160 detainees being tortured to death, and including reports of  children as young as 11 years old being tortured, not just at Abu Graib but at  dozens of prisons around Iraq are now so well documented (including lots of  photographs) by everyone including the US Army (who described the documented  abuses as so pervasive and widespread as to constitute official policy) , that  to blithely claim that "The US does not commit war crimes and acts of terror and  illegal acts under international law" can't possibly even be ascribed to  colossal ignorance or deep stupidity, but can only be described as an outright  intentional lie.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 10:37PM #46
NJLee
Believe what you choose to believe  [b]PIoBear [/b}  your beliefs identify YOU and not reality.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 10:48PM #47
Piobair_Paganach
Go ahead; divorce yourself from reality. Or Google some of those keywords (particularly the Taguba Report; don't believe me? How about the US Army), and see for yourself (be forewarned, some of those pictures are pretty graphic).

Or, just keep clicking your heels together like Dorothy, and chanting "There's no place like home, there's no place like home..."
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 10:59PM #48
NJLee
You define yourself pico my friend.

There's no place like Home here in the good old U S of A

God Bless
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 11:16PM #49
Piobair_Paganach
Make no mistake; I am not your friend.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 11:25PM #50
SherriMunnerlyn
[QUOTE=NJLee;34691]Believe what you choose to believe  [b]PIoBear [/b}  your beliefs identify YOU and not reality.[/QUOTE]

NJLee,

In a prior post, I stated Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have identified many instances of human rights violations/war crimes committed by the US and all you needed to do was look at their index of documents. Here is what I am talking about,  just a few of the many  human rights violations regularly addressed by the human rights organization Amnesty International in Amnesty documents over a few months in 2007:

4/5/2007 USA: New Amnesty International report condemns conditions in Guantanamo
4/5/2007 USA: Cruel and inhuman: Conditions of isolation for detainees at Guantanamo Bay
4/4/2007 USA (Federal): Further information on Death penalty: Bruce Cameil Webster
4/2/2007 USA: Another day in Guantanamo: David Hicks sentenced by military commission; UK resident and victim of rendition released; former CIA detainee alleges torture
4/1/2007 Death penalty: Stop the state killing
3/23/2007 USA: Military commissions, like CSRTs, threaten to whitewash detainee abuse
3/22/2007 USA: Justice delayed and justice denied? Trials under the Military Commissions Act
3/15/2007 USA: All allegations of torture must be investigated
3/7/2007 USA: Single day, double standards
2/9/2007 Iraq: US, UK and other states must protect Iraqi refugees
1/29/2007 Israel/ USA: Insure Israel hands over maps of cluster bombs strikes in South Lebanon
1/23/2007 CIA Renditions in Europe: Amnesty International welcomes call for EU Council investigation
1/19/2007 USA: Further information on health concern/torture: Jumah al-Dossari
1/16/2007 USA: 30 years of executions, 30 years of wrongs
1/10/2007 Five years now! No independent hearing; no family contact! Is This The American Way?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 225  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 225 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook