Page 4 of 226  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 226 Next
7 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 4:48PM #31
NJLee
If you don't know what is going on over there you must not read the newspapers, watch TV or investigate any of the thousands of web pages that tell you what is going on.

I don't do "blame America first"  but I respect your right to bash America.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 2:43PM #32
exsem
NJ Lee

Bashing America?  Even the administration is looking at staying in Iraq for many more years--maybe another 10?  That is winning the war?  When have we ever fought a war that took so long to win?  And what happens to the warring tribes when we do leave?  Kiss and MAKEUP??  That is laughable.  Occupation forces do not make people who hate each other to start loving each other.  The exsisting government of Iraq is a joke and will remain a joke, propped up nby the US, until we allow the country to be divided. 

And prove to me that I do not know how oil markets work.  You just engage in condemning those who disagree with that shrub in the oval office. No facts presented.  And if you believe all the lies that come from that oval office, you are the one who doesn't consult the media.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 2:30PM #33
NJLee
your posts show thatyou don't know how the oil market works.

We will bw in Iraq for ten years much like we are in Germany and Japan even today.  The war against islamic terrorism will be with us for many mnay years.  An article in today's Wall Street Journal demonstrated how the ugly hace of islamic terrorists cannot be extinguished permanently,  but i takes a long term commitment and constant vigilance.

In fact even OBL in his letter today laments that his warriors are losing and they must band together.  What is happening is that the Iraq people are joining the US and the Iraq military to expel AQI.  The surge is working.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2007 - 7:08AM #34
johndavid23
BushCo's wars have set records:  troop deaths in Iraq are higher than ever.
Some would play with statistics and try to paint a rosy picture, but, the year-to-year body counts paint an ugly view of increasing slaughter and defeat.

http://www.juancole.com/

Air strikes have risen to four times their previous level.  Thus, even more civilians have been inappropriately slaughtered, creating more resistance to the brutal US military occupation and war against the Iraqi people.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2007 - 9:54AM #35
SherriMunnerlyn
johndavid23,

I just read of two more polls setting the death toll in Iraq at over 1 million at a website that also has a link to allow people to write a letter to Congress. I will provide that websiste address later today. I was listening to Juan Cole on Democracy Now and went onto his website yesterday.

What happened yesterday was the Bush Administration actually accused Iran of funding the PKK Terrorists in Turkey. This is ridiculous. Iran has constant struggles with its own Kurds and this group is a similar group.  The reality of what is going on was addressed by Juan Cole. The US is complicitly supporting the PKK by their alliance with the Kurdish leader who is providing the PKK refuge in Iraq. (The Kurdish leader they have an oil deal with, in connection with Hunt Oil. His name was Baradi, or something like that,. I don't have my notes with me now.) Turkey is a NATO ally.  Their enemies, the PKK terrorist group, uses Iraq as a base to fire and attack Turkish soldiers from. And the US  Kurdish allies are providing the PKK refuge. This is what is happening.

What is amazing to me is how the US commits war crimes and acts of terror and illegal acts under international law and never accepts responsibility for their actions or the effects of their actions. And the very acts they are guilty of they turn around and falsely accuse their enemies of.
The US government under Bush has no shame or conscience or morality.  Other examples of this are blaming Iran for instability and acts of terror in Iraq and Afghanistan. Leaders of both countries have denied these claims and these leaders claim they have a good relationship with Iran. Yet, the US continues to falsely point  blame at Iran. The US shows by its actions that it seeks conflict and war with Iran, not dialogue or peace. The US shows by its actions that it seeks instability in the Middle East.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2007 - 10:16AM #36
NJLee
The US does not commit war crimes and acts of terror and illegal acts under international law.

We have international and domestic courts that define and prosecute such crimes.  NON HAVE BEEN ALLEGED BY these courts.

Until you produce some evidence of your  complete ignorance of the real facts, you post has no relevance.

God Bless.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2007 - 12:18PM #37
johndavid23
NJ 's demeaning post to delmarva is transparent hypocrisy.
A google search of "US war crimes" got 11 million articles on a multiplicity of criminal actions, mostly relating to the war in Iraq.  One has only to read a few of these to see that BushCo is a criminal cabal and is engaged in nefarious activities worldwide.  Yes, history will flesh out the truths which have been hidden from those who cannot read the truth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2007 - 12:42PM #38
rabello
It is true that the "domestic" courts have routinely given Bush and his admin a pass.  However, it was just a month ago that Blackwater committed another war crime that they'll probably get away with and get rich from, too, and that doesn't even count Shock and Awe, Abu Ghraib, Haditha, the muders and coverups of those murders of Iraqi civilians, including the family of the girl who was raped, murdered and burned, nor the killing of Iraqi civilians at US "checkpoints" (why are we manning "checkpoints" in Iraq, anyway/), and doesn't even include Afghanistan, where prisoners were killed by torture,  and GITMO.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2007 - 4:00PM #39
atheist-petunia
[QUOTE=NJLee;18916]The US does not commit war crimes and acts of terror and illegal acts under international law.[/QUOTE]

you mean like torture, which the us has been caught doing? or arresting citizens of other countries and transporting elsewhere for interrogation which the us has been caught doing? if you are not sure what our government is doing in other parts of the world, you can get an idea by just looking here: arrest and detainment without due process, illegal wiretapping, refusing to turn over documents to congressional oversite committee, declaring the vp position to be a rogue power not part of the executive branch....

if they act like criminals here (or if they simply are criminals here) then why would anyone think they act better someplace else where even fewer eyes are watching
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2007 - 4:06PM #40
atheist-petunia
of course, bush supporters can never back off now.  that would mean that all the deaths and the destruction and the injuries and the damage to our position in the world and the loss of american honor and mindnumbing cost would be for nothing and  would in fact be their fault for backing bush in the first place. so, no matter how obviously wrong and evil the whole stupid war is, the sheeple will wave their little flags and quip god bless america and never allow themselves to actually look at what evil their leader has done.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 226  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 226 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook