Page 2 of 223  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 223 Next
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 10:46AM #11
NJLee
I am still trying to get an entire post printed.  Hope this workd

It is critical that this discussion continue simply because it is the most important issue affecting peace in this world.   

I am not comfortable with this new format, but will try as best I can. 

Foda is right in his observations that we are making progress in defeating alQaeda in Iraq.  I see it as achieving a victory for the Iraq people and a tribute to the US
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 10:47AM #12
NJLee
It is critical that this discussion continue simply because it is the most important issue affecting peace in this world.   

Foda is right in his observations that we are making progress in defeating alQaeda in Iraq.  I see it as achieving a victory for the Iraq people and a tribute to the US
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 10:53AM #13
Innerpoint
NJLee... are you using something from the alt-code character set?  Or doing a copy paste from another program (like Word or Notepad)?  This sometimes is causing problems and truncating the posts.  The system, as of now, is not accepting alt-code and is hanging up on some punctuation when copied.  It's a pain in the butt, but replace your punctuation in the reply box when doing a copy/paste.  I've found that allows the post to go on through.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 11:03AM #14
rangerken
1. Thanks innerpoint...your deletion of the duplicates beat mine by a minute I think :)

2. And welcome, welcome, welcome to  NJ and JohnDavid and Fod and Stitch and Stardove to our continuing dissection of the Iraq War. Somebody go find Karma and get him in here. I'll look up Mylons and Usama...etc :)

Your beloved moderator (who now has HELP!!!!!!...YEA innerpoint!!!)

Ken
Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 11:44AM #15
NJLee
It is critical that this discussion continue simply because it is the most important issue affecting peace in this world.  I am not comfortable with this new format, but will try as best I can.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 11:45AM #16
NJLee
still trying, it might have been an apostaphy after US

Foda is right in his observations that we are making progress in defeating alQaeda in Iraq.  I see it as achieving a victory for the Iraq people and a tribute to the US  Military and our political leadership.  Let us look forward rather than look backward and playing the blame American First game.

stitch (there I tried to bold to show respect) is more measured in her reaction and I appreciate that.  There is real hope today, and if we are constructive in supporting the efforts in Iraq,  we will be much closer to achieving some sort of peace in Iraq, than if we continue to beat up on President Bush and the US.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 2:31PM #17
exsem
But is the game plan ever to leave Iraq in the near future?  Three of the leading dem candidates will not promise to get out of Iraq by 2013!  Bush says the troops will be there probably even longer.  Apparently we are going to establish a "protectorate" over Iraq -- a new Roosevelt corollary to a new Monroe doctrine--we have the right everywhere to protect our source of oil!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 3:08PM #18
rabello
The US Embassy "over there" is going to be the biggest in the world, bigger than the Vatican, complete with restaurants, movie theatres, olympic-sized swimming pool, and the rest--in other words, a city in itself.   American troops and/or contractors will be there for the foreseeable future, to protect the American City in the heart of Mesopotamia.

The only "plan" is to get the Iraqi's to accept the American City in their midst and stop resisting.   I think the Democratic candidates are talking about this "plan" when they say "we'll be there beyond 2013." 

They have a different definition of "war" or "occupation" than some of us do, and are, therefore, taliking about something else entirely when they say they're going to end the war on Iraq.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 4:00PM #19
NJLee
don't you think that it is important to secure Iraq's oil resources.  at $86.OO Barrel it is even more imporant.  All the candidates appreciate the need for US troops in Iraq for the long pull.  Remember how long we remained in Germany, Japan, etc. and the benefits to the US and the world community for our continued presence.

I hope you realize that we have an important role to play even in areas not related to oil.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 4:06PM #20
NJLee
rab

The plan that Republicans like me have been advocating is one of victory.  That seems to be happening and we should celebrate.

The Dems have abandoned their "retreat and defeat" plan as I am sure you have noticed.  Do you think they should revive it?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 223  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 223 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook