Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Conservative Values -- which Candidate?
6 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2008 - 5:43PM #11
catalunya70
[QUOTE=barblee;64923]I am very disheartened by the candidates that we have so far.  I am a conservative christian and there are many qualities that I look for that I do not see in the current lineup of presidential candidates.  I have found that by the time you get into the presidential running, you owe so much to so many, how can you possibly have your own agenda and to please the people you must go against many that brought you there in the first place.  The cost of becoming a presidential candidate also makes it impossible for a qualified candidate, without the funding, to make an appearance. They have created a sad scenario for american politics.[/QUOTE]

barblee,

I share your feelings concerning the presidential candidates.  Someplace, somewhere in our great country, there must be better qualified men and women that could have made better presidential material...but we are left with dredges at the bottom of the barrel. Those better men and women may not be willing to expose themselves,  their families and friends to the sham our electoral process has become, where those who receive the most monies from interest ( theirs,  not ours) groups can " buy "  their way to the presidency. 

Catalunya
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2008 - 2:04PM #12
suelangstaff
"Issues" are hierarchial.  Obviously if, as a society, we do not value the inherent Natural Rights of an individual, ie., the dignity of the "personhood" of each individual, than all other issues become irrevalent until the foundational truth is established. 
This is the reason "abortion" strikes at the very heart of western civilization and Judeo Christian values, embodied in the Natural Law and codified in our founding documents.  If "I AM" (trinitarian personhood, Being,) can be relativized to justify murding a person in the womb...what else matters? 
It's foundation...it is NOT one among many issues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2008 - 2:04PM #13
suelangstaff
"Issues" are hierarchial.  Obviously if, as a society, we do not value the inherent Natural Rights of an individual, ie., the dignity of the "personhood" of each individual, than all other issues become irrevalent until the foundational truth is established. 
This is the reason "abortion" strikes at the very heart of western civilization and Judeo Christian values, embodied in the Natural Law and codified in our founding documents.  If "I AM" (trinitarian personhood, Being,) can be relativized to justify murding a person in the womb...what else matters? 
It's foundation...it is NOT one among many issues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook