Page 31 of 34  •  Prev 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Welcome To All --- An "Introduce Yourself" Thread
5 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2009 - 1:37AM #301
ronnewmexico

Well hello

I haven't been here for years and years.

Some of the best comedy and satire I've seen in years however.

Why the well kept secret??

Please tell me where you keep hidden the...... Obama is not a citizen because he was born in Hawaii thread, and Hawaii is not in the US thread.....

That has got to be funny!!! or even funnier!!! 

Hard to see how it could....but maybe.... it could get funnier. It's all really quite funny. And the responses.....classic. I haven't laughed so much in years!!!. NHS employees calling in sick......LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL..... go figure. 

I have one question however....how can you have only one thread labled political funnies??? shouldn't they all be labeled funnies?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2009 - 11:36PM #302
Mlyons619

Hi ronnewmexico and welcome back.

Please be sure to refamiliarize yourself with the Beliefnet Rules of Conduct.  While some threads do indeed border on the ridiculous, please be careful to ensure you address all posters with courtesy and respect -- even if you disagree with them.  Other than that, feel free to tackle all topics.

mlyons619
USN&P Co-Host
"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2009 - 6:47PM #303
Ur2

Hello Folks,

Sorry I haven't posted sooner, but I must confess to having fun first.

I'm a Senior Citizen. I'm a Veteran of Foreign Wars. I collected my very first SS check this month (August). I teach. I mentor.

I'm a Liberal Conservative Southern Baptist Christian from Day 1. I enjoy it and my Faith has always provided. I will have a cold beer or more. I can still hug my Wife and touch my hands behind her. We've been married 45 years. We were Hippies once. I had a 16" braided ponytail.

We had Kids and they had Kids.

Life is good.

Thanx and good to know you,

Ur2

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except it ain't so."
Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2009 - 9:15PM #304
BetteTheRedde

My Hippie's still a hippie. Still a Deadhead music trader, still wears his dyes, but the braid is awfully thin these days. Could be because he never had kids; I'd had all mine by the time we met later in life.

I'm curious. What does a liberal conservative 'look' like down there? Have you ever placed yourself on the Political Compass graph?

"Sometimes they are referred to as the 'radical Right.' But the fact is that there is nothing radical about them. They offer no novel solutions to the problems that plague them; indeed, they offer no solutions at all. They are immensely discontented with things as they are and furiously impatient with almost everyone in public office who can in any way be held responsible for their frustrations. But it cannot be said that they hold any clearly stated objectives or have any specific program either in common or individuals. They are fundamentally and temperamentally 'aginners.' And perhaps the commonest characteristic among them is anger. They can fairly be called, if nothing else, the Rampageous Right."

Alan Barth, New York Times, November 26, 1961
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2009 - 5:39PM #305
Ur2

Bette,

Thanx for the welcome(?).

A Liberal Conservative Southern Baptist Christian is more an emerging species among my age group. We're more relaxed in our Faith and ideology. We just loooove common sense. While "basking" in the Autumn of our lives with a failing economy and rising healthcare costs and conundrums all around us, we do often wonder just what the hell is going on? We've paid our bill and I think we deserve better. 

Most indigenous societies respect their Elders wisdom. But because most "Americans" aren't indigenous, we've been replaced by the Internet. Oh well. We only get our 15 minutes of fame when someone wants to blame us for something.

Sad as it is, although we are an emerging species... we won't be around for much longer. When we die off (and the sooner the better for the Budget's sake), the ideology of a Great Republic will go with us. The South may rise again. I dunno'. Instead of including Us (Liberal Conservative Southern Baptist Christians (Real People in America)), the current Administration is not actively seeking our guidance nor opinion in any matter they legislate.

I think you'll see more of us as time goes on. A Friend, a really good man, a Black Minister for Christ for 42 years once told me, "When you get mad, 'Go Black on 'em'". We've known each other since childhood. We were friends when it was forbidden but kids knew better. In a conversation on this subject (being ignored) lately he inferred that, "Now you know what it is to be Black", and we laughed.

But hey; I'm a peace-loving, taxpaying, law-abiding, Church-going, actively-voting, Senior Citizen, Liberal Conservative Southern Baptist Christian. He told me I wouldn't like it.

Thanx,

Ur2    

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except it ain't so."
Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2009 - 12:10PM #306
Lonesentinel

Hello all!  It's been a bit...and I may disappear again for a while.  Things have been busy in my personal life lately, but I wanted those who I respect and who respect me to know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2009 - 12:45PM #307
Agnosticspirit

(((( lone )))) glad to see  you, I wondered where you've been.... You're one of the few people willing to actually LISTEN to what those with opposing views have to say.... you've been missed, my friend.

---- AS

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2009 - 10:25PM #308
Leliel

Uh, hi.

I'm actually a fairly long time member, but I only come here about once a blue moon.

I'm 17, turning 18 this November.

Homeschooled, learning geometry to pass my GED. It's the only thing I'm bad at.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2009 - 11:36PM #309
Mlyons619

Interesting.  I'm teaching geometry to some of my students right now.

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 27, 2009 - 5:40PM #310
Just_ed

Hi All,

I used to spend a LOT of time here under the handle "Ed".  Unfortunately it's been so long that I've forgotten what e-mail and p/w I used to use!  I hope to get back into the swing of things here.  I've been active on Facebook for the last few months but it's not the same.  When I discuss my faith, half my friends are offended.  When I discuss my politics the other half is offended!  Here at least folks aren't afraid of the two topics I'm most passionate about.

I look forward to getting re-acquainted with the old familiars and to meet the newer people too. 

Ed

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 31 of 34  •  Prev 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook