Page 29 of 34  •  Prev 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 34 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Welcome To All --- An "Introduce Yourself" Thread
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 12:51AM #281
Whisperingal
Mostyn--a belated Welcome! to go along with your belated intro.

:)

Awfully good to have you here.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 12:39PM #282
Stardove

Mostyn32 wrote:

Better late than never, I suppose.

Indeed welcome to the US N & P forum.  :)

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2009 - 2:32AM #283
Thaklaar1
Reckon I've been posting here enough I should tell y'all who I am.  I'm a thirty-one year old power plant operator born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, but I now find myself living in the Great State of Texas near Houston.  Married with a little girl who'll be three next month.  Raised Catholic, I'm currently a Unitarian Universalist.  Raised Republican, I'm currently a Democrat (albeit a somewhat reluctant one).  Other than that, Thaklaar's just this guy, you know?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2009 - 10:19AM #284
SIS
I've been posting on Bnet for almost a year but just recently began posting on this forum.  Maybe I should introduce myself a bit.

I am widowed and a retired PhD, currently 78yo with failing eyes and ears.  I have spent my life pursuing knowledge and have accumulated over time a BS degrees in Physics with emphasis in Astrophysics (how I met Chester), an MS in Economics and a PhD in Primary and Secondary Education.

Chester passed just a few months ago.  He held a research position and professorship in the sciences, Physics and Astronomy.  We studied and learned togetther.  I miss him much. 

I am a mother and grandmother; four children, eight grandchildren.  I love them all and they love me. 

I am a devout Christian and a life long member of the United Church of Christ.

Politically I am a moderate independent.  Prefer to make my judgements based on facts, not ideology or emotion.   Though I wouldn't say this publically, I even voted GHWB and GWB each once.  Never did trust Reagan's "voodoo" economics.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2009 - 7:38PM #285
drawout
Welcome to the board SIS. On behalf of the host team let me invite you to use our facilities, we have a DMZ to socialize free of politics and a saloon to rant about the personality flaws of various factions,( never specific members)as well as a thread for asking questions about bnet tools an glitches. Sorry to hear about the passing of your spouse, I hope you find many new friends here. Enjoy!
'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2009 - 9:42AM #286
natureboy_the0

Greetings USN&P,

I am Elijah "NatureBoy", a philosophy, i.e., someone who loves wisdom so much I go to any length to obtain it.  I have been a member of B'net for about 8 (+-) years and am only now taking interest in the political forum because, by having an objective view of everything, I am able to see the direction of the USA is to be a dictator of world policy.  Being the only nation with nuclear weapons the rich elite are using its industrialization to control the world with the intent of sending it into 1930s Germany under "The Patriot Act".  

I am not affected by this as I can, with minor adjustments, live in nature like the other animals, but since I love all man as I do myself, I want to give the warning my objectivity show me is ahead.   For that reason, I have become a poster in this political forum.

Since you say you are a place to express glitches in the system, I am not receiving notification of postings on the forums even though I check the box to receive them.

Are you questioning your beliefs, ask I AM THAT I AM to clarify them!
Elijah Alfred "NatureBoy" Alexander, Jr. presenting SEEDS OF LIFE
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2009 - 9:55AM #287
Agnosticspirit

Good morning Natureboy, welcome to USNP, nice to see you! :)

I see you just posted on the How 2 thread, I'll respond to your questions over there.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2009 - 11:48PM #288
dreadnought

Hello. I wandered over here from Christian to Christian debates.  I am a very opinionated Conservative partisan.  I've got a big problem with how this country is bein run - into the ground. And I have a front row seat to the show, 'cause I live in  Jersey, the corrupt Democratic politician capitol of the world.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2009 - 2:35PM #289
Agnosticspirit

Hello  dreadnought, welcome to USNP -- well, you'll find plenty of other opinionated partisans on both left and right on this board. Sometimes you may even manage to encounter some very thoughtful and enlightening ideas among the bluster.... :) Be sure to visit our Local Guidelines if you haven't already done so!

Kind regards,

agnosticspirit - Bnet Community host USNP

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2009 - 4:04PM #290
Mlyons619

A heart welcome aboard to peapicker and Solidgranit.com!

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 29 of 34  •  Prev 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 34 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook