Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Most spiritual religion?
2 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2015 - 4:20AM #1
Coexist152
I had done a lot of soul-searching the past few years and wondered what religion is the most spiritual.   I found I believe in a little mysticism, ethics, and principles.  I love the principles of the Unitarian Universalist church, I love the Buddha's basic beliefs like the four noble truths and eightfold path, and find myself to be attracted to the ethics of Judaism slightly.   People like Rumi and Bahaullah also inspire me to become a better person.  They preach tolerance, mysticism, and a love of humanity.  
With that said, I was wondering what people find to be the most spiritual religion for you and why?   Why did you go on a journey  to your chosen religion or spiritual path?  What religious figures, if any, inspired you to be on your spiritual path?  What qualities do people find to be attractive in the religion they choose?
I do not have an official "religion" yet, but I am near the end of my path to officially joining a religion.  I find some qualities so attractive in religion that I can't help but notice the truth in the holy texts and sincerity in believers.  I geniunely wonder what attracts people to a certain religon/spirtituality, who is a religious figure in their life that profoundly influenced them, and why they choose to chose their religion.     

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook