Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Bnet "news article" slams Paganism
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 10:19PM #21
Sacrificialgoddess

Jun 28, 2012 -- 6:33PM, hungrylittlemonster wrote:

The old "yellow" boards were always moving.

I remeber spending hours going through 2 - 3 pages of posts that were hours old.

Yeah there were witch wars and such but the discussions were lively and I enjoyed the different points of view.

Now I leave and come back 2, 3, 6 months later and the boards are covered with dust.

I almost forgot my password...   If I didn't remeber it I would not even bother retreaving it.   

Such a shame.

But you would miss me!

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 10:28PM #22
mainecaptain

Jun 28, 2012 -- 10:19PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Jun 28, 2012 -- 6:33PM, hungrylittlemonster wrote:

The old "yellow" boards were always moving.

I remeber spending hours going through 2 - 3 pages of posts that were hours old.

Yeah there were witch wars and such but the discussions were lively and I enjoyed the different points of view.

Now I leave and come back 2, 3, 6 months later and the boards are covered with dust.

I almost forgot my password...   If I didn't remeber it I would not even bother retreaving it.   

Such a shame.

But you would miss me!

Yes and I would miss monster hexy too

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 10:35PM #23
Sacrificialgoddess

*shares cookies with Cap*

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2012 - 2:16PM #24
hungrylittlemonster

I woluld miis you both also...   and ALL Tpain  and all the other regs who continue to wonder in and out...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2012 - 5:42PM #25
Sacrificialgoddess

Jul 1, 2012 -- 2:16PM, hungrylittlemonster wrote:

I woluld miis you both also...   and ALL Tpain  and all the other regs who continue to wonder in and out...

Are we facebook friends?  PM me.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2012 - 7:18PM #26
mainecaptain

Jun 28, 2012 -- 10:35PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

*shares cookies with Cap*

thank you :)

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2013 - 6:18AM #27
river8101

B net has become an advertising newsletter.  It's here to make money.  If Fox owns it now, then it's going to go deeply Christian and deeply Republican. It's time to go.  When it first started there were no ads.  I remember because I was here more than 12 years ago.  Then as the posts formed it was interesting until ads began, and after that the owners changed all the time.  It got worse and more complicated to post on.  Some people began to leave, and the posts became attractive mainly to Christians, and not too many of those either.

I post at Facebook now.  Mainly I just put pictures on.  Right now, mostly baseball pix.   But I don't remember yellow pages.  What's that about?   I never stopped posting on B Net, so I'm worried that I might be losing my memory. 

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Aug 15, 2013 - 7:19AM #28
river8101

Nevermind.  I figured out what the "yellow pages" were.  They were the ones with no ads, and plenty of moderators who didn't put up with the insults and disgusting remarks all over B Net now.

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Aug 16, 2013 - 12:27PM #29
LeahOne

Because I've been in & out and not on the site every other day as before, I missed the original article and much of the commenting.

I am sorry, folks.  I absolutely agree with all of you about this:  it was a disgusting display of  bigotry by someone who was trusted to have known better.

And I also find the 'apology' far too little and much too late. 

I'm certain that some readers will decide to conclude from this that, River and I being Jewish - it means Jews like Pagans "hate Christianity because they know it's really true"......  Actually we all know we aren't that stupid - and let's thank DEITY for the many Christians who would never have allowed that bigoted bilge to represent B'net if they'd seen it in time. 

As I missed the original offending 'article', I can hardly chide anyone in the Christian community for having missed it!   I am certain that many  of the 'Billion Plus' faith communities (Christian/Muslim/Hindu/Buddhist) would have stood up for you 'little guys' if they had only seen it when it happened.

We know a couple of fine folks from each of those groups to understand the support which has been expressed here is not the sum total of the support that exists : )) 

But yes I am ticked and yes I plan to make some (polite and respectful) noise about it to the 'PTB' - in fact, I've already begun.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Aug 16, 2013 - 9:52PM #30
rangerken

I think that one of the finest expressions of spiritual based advice from any religion has to be what is called the 'rede'... 'and it harm none do as ye will'.

Now that's a pagan concept.

As a believer in a not-a-pagan religion I think the 'rede' has as much validity and morality as anything my own faith has in it!

The referenced article going wway back was... in my opinion... horrid, and I'm sorry I simply was not aware of it when it first was posted. Even a senior modeator can only cover so much. A member's e-mail is what made me aware of it today for he first time.

And Fox does not own BNET... just by the way.

Rangerken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook