Page 6 of 238  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 238 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Apocalypse and Apostasy
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 1:11PM #51
TPaine

Apr 18, 2012 -- 5:37PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

Apr 18, 2012 -- 5:27PM, Ken wrote:

Apr 18, 2012 -- 5:17PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

Ask yourself this: What is it, that Smyrna and Philadelphia teach, that the other churches do not?

I don't really care. I want to know which current churches you're referring to.

NjoyREPLY>>>>Ken, that is for YOU to figure out.

I stand in judgment of no one!

It is up to your own discernment.

I'm not going to tell you how to judge anything.

Except, that I measure things by the Word of God, which is just my personal way of doing things!

My guess would be Shepherd's Chapel in Gravette, Arkansas. Most people are proud of their churches and are willing to name it. I wonder why Nancy refuses to do so.

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 1:15PM #52
theinterpreter

Apr 19, 2012 -- 1:02PM, TPaine wrote:

Apr 17, 2012 -- 6:08PM, Ken wrote:

Apr 17, 2012 -- 4:36PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

WARNING:Readers be advised, Biblical Exposure, Spiritual Nudity.

Forget that. In your last post you said there were only two churches today with which God is pleased, and you have been asked to identify those churches. You have a moral obligation to answer any questions prompted by your last post.

It's interesting how many religious fanatics completely lack the concept of moral obligation. In fact, this lack - a kind of moral idiocy - seems to be universal among the fanatics on Beliefnet./quote]

NjoyREPLY>>>>Ken, did I leave off with a cliff-hanger?

Yes, I did, sorry about that, but I had some pressing matters to attend.

So far we have one church or church system, which is Smyrna, the Biblical reference is Revelation 2:8-9.

They teach who is working the strings at this hour, I can go no futher into it.

Unto the angel of the church of Sardis write; These things saith He That hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die; for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

A name and company, not suited for this dispensation of grace, for Christ's people now live "in Him". We who were dead are now alive in Christ. Become watchful, remaining with the texts, the Word of God. Hold fast and REPENT; Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white; for they are worthy. This is addressed to the church system, and not the members or those in the body Christ who remain faithful.

Sardis was the ancient capitol of Lydia, and the remains of a vast temple to Cybele (the mother of the gods) still exist. Baal worship once again in association.

Some real good; and some bad in this one also.

And to the angel of the church of Philadelphia write;  These things saith He That is Holy, He That is TRUE, He that hath the key of David, He That openeth, and no man shutteth, and no man openeth ( the keys of knowledge).

I know thy works; behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it; for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept My Word, and hast NOT DENIED My Name.

Behold, I will make them of the assembly of Satan, which say they are of the House of David, and are NOT, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Because thou hast kept the Word of My patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to TRY(=TEST)them that dwell upon the earth.

Here we have church or church system Philadelphia, the 2nd church that God Almighty sees favor with, that same church will be kept from the hour of Temptation.

You might ask: How will God keep this church Philadelphia from the hour of Temptation?

Through knowledge of the Word of God, That warns them and all who read it, that Satan will come first, before Christ; as the spurious messiah, playing the role of Jesus Christ to the world. Along with that, Satan's angels also will pose to be ministers of light or ministers of Christ, this brings about the APOSTASY!

Therefore the hour of Temptation has no effect on the church of Philadelphia, because they know who Satan is, and what his method of operation is!

You think now Peace, Peace, Peace is pushed....it isn't anything compared to when Satan is here as the "Antichrist," meaning "Instead of Christ". For he will takeover by Peace and prosperity, worship him and you can have it all, is what he will claim, as he imposters Christ.

Watch Jerusalem, this is the barameter of these times.

And unto the angel of the church of Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and True Witness, the beginning of the creation God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold or hot ( in other words "lukewarm," passive, doesn't stand for anything) I would thou wert cold or hot. So because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of My mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing;" and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind and naked; This church or church system thinks it is so much; yet, in God's eyes they are nothing...As many as I love (God speaking), I rebuke and chasten(=punish), be zealous therefore, and REPENT.

For each description, the church or church system can be realized.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

This finishes God's feelings towards the churches, they either REPENT and get into shape, and follow in the ways of Smyrna and Philadelphia, or be spued out of God's mouth, and be cut to sunder for their lies, and deception.

Shape up or ship out!

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent Mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright and morning Star.

Ask yourself this: What is it, that Smyrna and Philadelphia teach, that the other churches do not?

Revelation 2:9 and Revelation 3:9.

Smyrna and Philadelphia were both small churches that were under heavy persecution by the Romans because they refused to worship Emperor Domitian as a god as he had commanded. By refusing to compromise their principles despite their suffering, John used them as examples of how the other five churches should behave. It must be remembered that Revelation was written to encourage Christians who were facing persecution to keep the faith and the suffering would end soon. The book was written for the Christians living at the end of the first and beginning of the second centuries CE. And said Jesus would return during their lifetime. When that didn't happen, the church had to change the meaning.

There are no failed prophesies. Jesus returned during the lifetime of the disciples when He appeared to John in 95 or 96 AD.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 1:25PM #53
mainecaptain

Apr 19, 2012 -- 1:11PM, TPaine wrote:

Apr 18, 2012 -- 5:37PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

Apr 18, 2012 -- 5:27PM, Ken wrote:

I don't really care. I want to know which current churches you're referring to.

NjoyREPLY>>>>Ken, that is for YOU to figure out.

I stand in judgment of no one!

It is up to your own discernment.

I'm not going to tell you how to judge anything.

Except, that I measure things by the Word of God, which is just my personal way of doing things!

My guess would be Shepherd's Chapel in Gravette, Arkansas. Most people are proud of their churches and are willing to name it. I wonder why Nancy refuses to do so.

This is true. Everyone I know that attends Church is happy to let you know which one they belong, and welcome you to attend if you so desire. My closest friend was very forthright about her Church when we first met.  She did not  force it on me, she answered when I asked.

I went with her for years, to be with her rather then the service, but she was always honest about where and whom.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 1:30PM #54
theinterpreter

The only remnant of the 7 golden lampstands that has it right is the Anglican Church.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 2:02PM #55
Ken

Apr 19, 2012 -- 1:10PM, theinterpreter wrote:

Apr 19, 2012 -- 12:46PM, Ken wrote:

Apr 19, 2012 -- 12:44PM, theinterpreter wrote:

Apr 19, 2012 -- 10:53AM, TPaine wrote:

The seven churches mentioned in Revelation are Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea. When those churches are connected on a map in the order given, it looks like this:

That doesn't look like a dove to me.

You forgot to connect Laodicea to Ephesus to complete the path taken by John. 

It still just looks like a blob. And what does it matter?

Why don't you try using straight lines instead of curvy lines? (Vectors of starguides are straight lines). 

That just makes it look worse. Not a bit like a dove.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 2:04PM #56
Ken

Apr 19, 2012 -- 1:30PM, theinterpreter wrote:

The only remnant of the 7 golden lampstands that has it right is the Anglican Church.

The Anglican Church isn't one of the seven churches.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 2:07PM #57
TPaine

Apr 19, 2012 -- 12:46PM, Ken wrote:

Apr 19, 2012 -- 12:44PM, theinterpreter wrote:

Apr 19, 2012 -- 10:53AM, TPaine wrote:

The seven churches mentioned in Revelation are Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea. When those churches are connected on a map in the order given, it looks like this:

That doesn't look like a dove to me.

You forgot to connect Laodicea to Ephesus to complete the path taken by John.

It still just looks like a blob. And what does it matter?/quote]

If I connect Laodicea to Ephesu and cut out Patmos to Ephesus it looks somewhat like some dildos I've seen advertised.

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 2:30PM #58
TPaine

Apr 19, 2012 -- 1:15PM, theinterpreter wrote:

Smyrna and Philadelphia were both small churches that were under heavy persecution by the Romans because they refused to worship Emperor Domitian as a god as he had commanded. By refusing to compromise their principles despite their suffering, John used them as examples of how the other five churches should behave. It must be remembered that Revelation was written to encourage Christians who were facing persecution to keep the faith and the suffering would end soon. The book was written for the Christians living at the end of the first and beginning of the second centuries CE. And said Jesus would return during their lifetime. When that didn't happen, the church had to change the meaning.

There are no failed prophesies. Jesus returned during the lifetime of the disciples when He appeared to John in 95 or 96 AD.

John said he appeared to him. There were no witnesses. When something is said to have happened that violates the laws of nature, I like to have more evidence than someone telling me it happened.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 11:23PM #59
theinterpreter

Apr 19, 2012 -- 2:30PM, TPaine wrote:

John said he appeared to him. There were no witnesses. When something is said to have happened that violates the laws of nature, I like to have more evidence than someone telling me it happened.

"The proof of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy" (Rev 19:10). In other words, the proof that Jesus appeared to John is in the prophesies which, when they come to pass, prove that the Revelation was given to us by a time traveling God.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 11:36PM #60
Ken

Apr 19, 2012 -- 11:23PM, theinterpreter wrote:

Apr 19, 2012 -- 2:30PM, TPaine wrote:

"The proof of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy" (Rev 19:10). In other words, the proof that Jesus appeared to John is in the prophesies which, when they come to pass, prove that the Revelation was given to us by a time traveling God.

That means that until the prophecies unambiguously come to pass, you can't say that Jesus appeared to John. You must wait.

Needless to say, prophecy is impossible because it is impossible to know of future events. The reason it's impossible is that there's nothing to know. The events haven't happened yet.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 238  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 238 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook