wohali

I checked out the link.

Ewwwwwwww!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 7:50PM #222
mainecaptain

May 11, 2012 -- 7:32PM, G.flower wrote:

It has always been very telling, in my opinion, that both theinterpreter and Nancy won't say what church they go to or sites where it can be found while the rest of us, the ones of us who do belong to a group are more than happy to tell others what it is. I don't understand their mentality. If they are ashamed of the group they belong to, leave it. If they have been told not to say, doesn't that strike them as odd? I just don't get it.

It reminds of the when a adult tells a child to keep a secret.  Alarms start going off in my neck of the woods

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 8:28PM #223
TPaine

May 11, 2012 -- 6:18PM, theinterpreter wrote:

May 11, 2012 -- 1:16PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Skin cancer is a serious thing, but can be all but completely avoided with common sense. We know how to not get skin cancer. So it is hardly a plague running wild.

This next generation can avoid it nearly entirely with sensible parents, and proper education.

It is not the herald for anything.

And it certainly not a herald of a weak and impotent god that can't get anything right, which is how he is being described by his own followers.

Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States. More than 3.5 million skin cancers in over two million people are diagnosed annually.
And that's just in the US. And cases of Melonomia, the deadly type, are increasing the most. It is a serious plague, and the first to appear.

Skin cancer is also one of the most curable cancers and is rarely fatal. Even Melanoma when caught fairly early has a cure rate of 77% at the lowest estimate. It is not a plague and can be avoided completely if one takes basic precautions. A plague is something like the Black Death (Bubonic Plague) that devastated Europe in 1347 CE. Today there is a vaccine that prevents it.

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 8:56PM #224
TPaine

May 11, 2012 -- 6:35PM, theinterpreter wrote:

May 11, 2012 -- 11:42AM, Ken wrote:

May 10, 2012 -- 5:01PM, theinterpreter wrote:

Who cares about the other 4.5 billion years? The 7 last plagues concern what is happening now.

And what are you doing about them? I'll ask the same question of Nancy. You're both so eager to tell us how your evil bastard God is trying to destroy us, but you don't tell us what you're doing to prevent him. Are you traitors to humanity or what?

Actually, it can well be argued that all pf the 7 last plagues are man-made. So we can do something about them. For example, we have ceased to polute the ozone layer with CFCs, and the ozone layer is healing, so the first plague may be the first to run its course and cease to be a plague at some point.  But skin cancer is an important marker to tell us where we are in the Revelation.

Skin cancer and Revelation have no more to do with each other any more than herpes has to do with Mother Goose

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 9:14PM #225
TPaine

May 11, 2012 -- 7:34PM, wohali wrote:

I checked out the link.

Ewwwwwwww!

So did I. It seems like a typical Christian Taliban hate everyone who is the least bit different site with the typical bovine excrement stories you can get from the AFA or FRC.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 10:32PM #226
Ferretling

May 11, 2012 -- 7:34PM, wohali wrote:

I checked out the link.

Ewwwwwwww!

I checked it out too. Maybe one of the 7 plagues is horrible web design.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 4:23PM #227
theinterpreter

May 11, 2012 -- 6:38PM, Ken wrote:

Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States. More than 3.5 million skin cancers in over two million people are diagnosed annually.

Most of them are the kind that grow so slowly you don't really have to treat them. This is not a big deal. But if it bothers you and you think God is responsible, what are you doing to stop God? Even some of Hitler's generals tried to blow him up.

God is not responsible. The plagues are man-made. God just gave us the prophesies. We can end the plagues any time we choose. Unfortunately there are a lot of global warming deniers. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 4:29PM #228
theinterpreter

It has always been very telling, in my opinion, that both theinterpreter and Nancy won't say what church they go to or sites where it can be found while the rest of us, the ones of us who do belong to a group are more than happy to tell others what it is. I don't understand their mentality. If they are ashamed of the group they belong to, leave it. If they have been told not to say, doesn't that strike them as odd? I just don't get it.

I go to the Episcopal Church.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 5:01PM #229
TPaine

May 12, 2012 -- 4:23PM, theinterpreter wrote:

May 11, 2012 -- 6:38PM, Ken wrote:

Most of them are the kind that grow so slowly you don't really have to treat them. This is not a big deal. But if it bothers you and you think God is responsible, what are you doing to stop God? Even some of Hitler's generals tried to blow him up.

God is not responsible. The plagues are man-made. God just gave us the prophesies. We can end the plagues any time we choose. Unfortunately there are a lot of global warming deniers.

While I agree that there are global warming deniers, I also believe their denial is based more on greed than anything else. People like the Koch brothers want to continue making their multi million dollar profits and therefore are unwilling to clean up their act.

However, the idea that such plagues are man-made how do you explain climate change (both global warming and cooling) before hominids even existed on earth? In fact, the changes were greater and more frequent then than they have been since the humans first evolved 200,000 years ago. Link

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 5:07PM #230
TPaine

May 12, 2012 -- 4:29PM, theinterpreter wrote:

I go to the Episcopal Church.

You do realize that the web site you linked is connected with the Seventh Day Adventist Church don't you? How do you reconcile that with the Episcopal and Orthodox churches?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 23 of 238  •  Prev 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 238 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook