Page 88 of 238  •  Prev 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 238 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Apocalypse and Apostasy
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2012 - 3:14PM #871
TPaine

Jul 10, 2012 -- 11:02AM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

WARNING: BE ADVISED, BIBLICAL EXPOSURE, SPIRITUAL NUDITY!

FOR SPIRITUALLY MATURE AUDIENCES!

Interpreter, Hitler is a dead human, I'm sure that God holds him in responsibility for the atrocities that he performed on the human race, along with Stalin and Mossulini, etc., there have always been evil leaders since the beginning. Nothing new under the sun! But they are NOT Antichrist!

Although your forgot Mao Zedong, Pol Pot, and Slobodan Milošević you are right. None of these people be the Antichrist.

Antichrist on the other hand is that fallen cherub that protected the mercy seat of Almighty God, he wanted to possess it, and tried to overthrow it, and failed miserably! Since then, God decided and will allow Satan to have that which he desires and at that same time, test out His children, to see who knows the difference between Him (God) and Satan ( Antichrist or instead of Jesus). Now Satan cannot be killed by anyone, because he is supernatural, neither can his angels, ONLY God Almighty can cause him to perish, for Satan / Antichrist was created immortal as all of us "in the spirit being" are! If you don't understand put it on the shelf. No one has perished, since the very beginning, sure flesh humans die, but the spirit within just returns to God Who gave it, reference Ecclesiastes 12:6-7.

Ecclesiastes 12:6-7 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern. ( all these represent the flesh vessel or human body) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God Who gave it.

Why would an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent God need a mythological being to protect his/her mercy seat? Whoever did guard it did a lousy job because it (and the Ark of the Covenant) disappeared in about 586 BCE and no one knows what happened to it. It may have been carried off to Babylon or hidden by the Jewish priests so it the Babylonians couldn't carry it away.  BTW, it was a man-made object not something supernatural. The Tanakh doesn't consider Satan to be an evil being. He was God's accuser or prosecutor who was tasked to tempt people to disobey YHWH's laws and report those who took the bait to him. The Christians are the ones who consider him to be evil. We have no idea what happens to our spirit or soul after we die (if such a thing actually exists. There is no reliable evidence that anyone has ever communicated with the dead (except in zombie movies).

Let's return to the Apocalypse / Revelation 18, we have just gone through what the 666 is the sum of, the First Beast, which is the One World Government, and the One World Religion the Great Harlot Babyon, made up of ALL RELIGIONS of the World that come together in so=called peace under Antichrist. Let's see what happens next!

If you understood what gematria is

gematria -- noun
a cabbalistic system of interpretation of the Scriptures by substituting for a particular word another word whose letters give the same numerical sum.
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2012.

you would understand who John of Patmos meant by the number 666. In Hebrew Caesar Nero (Caesar Neron) was written NRWNQSR. N=50, R=200, W=6, N=50, Q=100, S=60, & R=200. 50+200+6+50+60+200=666. In some manuscripts the number is 616 rather than 666. If you subtract the final N in Neron the number is 616. Revelation 13:8 plainly states

Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is [n]six hundred and sixty-six.
n. One early ms reads 616 (emphasis added) (NASB)

that 666 refers to a specific man. Given the prejudice and xenophobia that exists in the world, there will never be a One World Government. A One World Religion is even less likely as there no unanimity even among followers of the same religion. The chance of all the different religions agree with each other is as close top impossible as something can get.

Revelation 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with His glory.

The Light of the world, His glory is the glory of the Only begotten of the Father full of grace and TRUTH, the Lord Jesus Christ, His coming.

Jesus is an angel now?

18:2 And He cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, "Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

Babylon's judgment the announcement of it. Satan's roost since the beginning, Babylon, even copying every aspect of primitive TRUTH and perverting it, through his son Cain, or Sargon=King Cain, having over 900 years to pollute the earth with his idolworship, human sacrifice, and images of the serpent and the dragon. "Sargon the Magnificent" is an interesting read!

Since Babylon had fallen in 141 BCE when it was defeated and taken over by the Parthian Empire. John of Patmos would not have written prophesy about an event that had occurred 235 years before he wrote Revelation, so his use of Babylon would have to be symbolic. Since Herod's Temple had been destroyed by Roman legions under Titus in 70 CE the Jewish people used Babylon as a code word for Rome. Both were pagan empires that persecuted monotheists. Sargon the Great was the Akkadian king that conquered many of the Sumerian city states in the 22nd and/or the 23rd centuries BCE. There are questions as to whether he ruled from 2270 to 2215 BCE or from 2334 to 2279 BCE. Babylon was founded in 1867 BCE, at least 348 years after the death of Sargon the Great. The Jewish people do not consider the serpent in Revelation to be Satan, not do they believe that the serpent was the father of Cain. In fact, Genesis 4:1 explicitly states that Adam was the father of Cain.

Now the man [a]had relations with his wife Eve, and she conceived and gave birth to [b]Cain, and she said, “I have gotten a [c]manchild with the help of the Lord.”
a. Lit knew
b. I.e. gotten one
c. Or man, the Lord (NASB)

The beginning, Genesis, and the end, Revelation go hand in hand!

John of Patmos was familiar with the Tanakh and therefore Genesis, but the two books do not go hand in hand.

18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

Babylon's Associates, and their sin, all the political corruption goes to the highest offices of the land, and God knows about it, nothing is secret from God! The Nations are all involved as these elitess among their ranks steal from the children of God, and even defame the name of the Son of God continually. Antichrist will be the head of this beast, this political and religious beast, and God will bruise his head as prophesied in Genesis 3:15, first prophesy concerning Jesus Christ and His bloodline vs Satan and his bloodline, until Satan appears defacto in the Temple Mount. God Almighty, Himself will take Satan out, when he returns After Satan's reign as Antichrist; then God will take His seat "dejure, as legal Owner" as King of kings and Lord of lords=Political and Religious!

When (or should I say if) you realize that John was writing about the time he was living is you'll find it easy to understand that he is talking about the fall of Rome, not the 21st century CE. The statement that kings of the earth commuted fornication with the whore metaphorically means that  Rome usurped and perverted the political power of her provinces. Jewish at that time was that all people had the same bloodline since Adam was the father of all humans.

Delicacies=luxuries, they have luxuries by ill-gotten gains. Jerusalem is that great city as spoken of in chapter 17, where the Antichrist will set up his throne on the Temple Mount claiming to be God of all, any God that one worships, all in all, his head-quarters is called Babylon because of it's footprints in History being the seed bed of all idolatry and of Spiritism, the habitation of demons, these can be seen through not only the corruption on high but potrayal of every demonic thing on the television, to the point that many even worship such demons openly.

John wrote 25 years after the Temple had been destroyed and Jerusalem was pretty much in ruins. It makes no sense that it could be the great city, however at the time Rome would qualify as the greatest city in the known world at that time. Paganism and idolatry dates back to the Upper Paleolithic Age 40,000 years ago which was 38,133 years before the founding of Babylon.

A mindset is being well established among the masses, to accept all supernatural beings.

Satan returns first, he is supernatural and so is his angels.

I believe in a Creator (aka God) but not in any other supernatural beings. I see God as pure intelligence with no corporal body or human characteristics. Therefore, I would not accept some pseudo-god that claims to be a Messiah or Christ.

18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying "Come out of her, My People, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

God is calling out His People, come out of Babylon's deceptions and lies, come unto the LORD JESUS CHRIST and do not come under the plagues and the wrath of God which is the judgment upon Babylon, the great Harlot along with Satan and his minions!

God is not wrathful rather (s)he is beneficent. John stated that God would destroy the evil persecutor of Christians, Rome,  and its evil Emperor Domitian who was believed to be the resurrected Nero. Tacitus wrote about Nero's persecutions of Christians:

Such indeed were the precautions of human wisdom. The next thing was to seek means of propitiating the gods, and recourse was had to the Sibylline books, by the direction of which prayers were offered to Vulcanus, Ceres, and Proserpina. Juno, too, was entreated by the matrons, first, in the Capitol, then on the nearest part of the coast, whence water was procured to sprinkle the fane and image of the goddess. And there were sacred banquets and nightly vigils celebrated by married women. But all human efforts, all the lavish gifts of the emperor, and the propitiations of the gods, did not banish the sinister belief that the conflagration was the result of an order. Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths. Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired.

Nero offered his gardens for the spectacle, and was exhibiting a show in the circus, while he mingled with the people in the dress of a charioteer or stood aloft on a car. Hence, even for criminals who deserved extreme and exemplary punishment, there arose a feeling of compassion; for it was not, as it seemed, for the public good, but to glut one man's cruelty, that they were being destroyed. -- Tacitus: Annals XV. (109 CE)

18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquites.

Like I said before, God knows what is going on, and when the fulfilment of the evils days come to pass, all wrath will be loosed upon the heads of the wicked, NOT those who love God!

Like I said before, this applies to Rome at the end of the 1st century CE, not today.

18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double her according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

Reward=render.

Rewarded=rendered.

Double=full compensation, everything they deserve!

The One World Government and Religious Community, that First Beast of Revelation 13, will receive exactly what it deserves plus some!

Human nature will not allow a One World Government or Religion.

18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

Queen= A queen who is not a widow, implies a king-consort. This Religious Harlot feels she is beyond the Husbandman (=Christ) and that she is not the widow(i.e Christ having been crucified making His wife a widow, until the wedding day when He returns, as the Husbandman) the queen is become above that in her eyes: that One World Religious Harlot thinks it is greatest of all because now all religions come under her and she has found a new love(=Antichrist, Satan).

Queen Elizabeth I (1533 to 1603) of the Kingdom of England was neither a widow nor a king-consort and she ruled for 45 years. Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom (1837 to 1901) and was not a widow for the first 24 years of her 64 year reign. Queen Elizabet II of the United Kingdom (1953 to present) is not a widow and she has ruled for 60 years. The One World Religious Harlot is a myth.

18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire; for strong is the LORD GOD Who judgeth her.

One day=the Lord's Day, when Christ returns.

Judgeth. The texts read "judged". The suddenness and completeness of Babylon's judgment and disappearance from the face of the earth is the prominent feature of this prophesy, proving that the judgment has not yet taken place. Awaits fulfilment!

According to John, the rulers of various Roman provinces are saddened to se the great city burn despite the evil acts the Emperors had performed. Rome itself fell on September 4, 476 when Emperor Romulus Augustus was deposed by Odoacer, a Germanic military who became King of Italy. The Eastern Empire fell on May 29, 1453 when Constantinople was captured by the 21-year-old Ottoman Sultan Mehmed II.

So, Interpreter, had Hitler been "the Antichrist", then the Lord Jesus Christ would already be here "dejure" in His throne in the Temple Mount, and all other religions and corrupt governments would be gone, disappeared from the face of the earth. We do not see this!

According to John

While TheInterpreter is, as you said, wrong about Hitler being the Antichrist, in 95 CE there was nothing (including a throne) left standing on the Temple Mount. Everything there had been destroyed 20 before that. John was well aware of that fact even though he lived in Asia Minor (present day Turkey). The Israeli government currently enforces a ban on non-Muslim prayer on the Temple Mount.

Well, until the next time when the Apocalypse continues!

So the sermon will continue.

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2012 - 6:23PM #872
theinterpreter

Apr 15, 2012 -- 12:38PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

LOL, I see, my Nemisi are alive and well....good for them!

This love/hate thing is so .......well, you guess!

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, in the promise and prophesy, and the one great Subject of the Word of God, being the Promised Seed of the woman (Genesis 3:15). He is the Master Key to the Divine Revelation of the Word, being He is the Word. John 1:1 & 1:14.  The whole Bible is about Him directly or indirectly, without this understanding that Jesus Christ is the center of the Word of God; it could not be understood.

This is set forth in structure, from which it is written, for us to see that Genesis and Revelation, being the first and the last books of the Bible are inseparably linked together.

Genesis 1-2 corresponses to Revelation 21-22, these books bind up or girt one up, as a belt, from clasp to clasp, the Divine Word, which link together and enclosed between them in perfection of beauty and harmony the whole Scriptures in which God has been pleased to reveal His eternal purpose.

Unlocking the meaning and the scope of the book, is found in Revelation 1:10....

John speaking:

Rev. 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the LORD's Day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

1:11 Saying, "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and what thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches in Asia:.....

....unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia and unto Laodicea.

The LORD Jesus Christ having John in the Spirit, to see and hear and write those things that the LORD Jesus would have him, make known to the churches. This fits in today, as well as, during John's time, even more prevalent today.

When John turned and looked this is what he saw:

Rev.1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks (i.e. a menorah);

1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of Man (i.e. Jesus Christ), clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

1:14 His head and His hairs were white like wool, and as white as snow; and His eyes were as a flame of fire;

1:15 And His feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and His voice as the sound of many waters.

1:16 And He had in His right hand seven stars: and out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword: and His countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

*This is the bright shining Shekinah Glory, of the LORD, and the two-edged sword is His tongue, which cuts through lies both ways. The LORD destroys lies instantly with His Word.

1:17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me , Fear not; I am the First and the Last(=Alpha and Omega)

1:18 I am He That liveth, and was dead; and behold, I am ALIVE for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

Here comes the interpretation from the LORD Jesus:

1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in My right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

When God and His angels interpret that which is symbolic, there is no need to go further, they are what they are.

It is established in my belief, that John was taken in the Spirit to the LORD's Day, time travel is possible in the Spirit, only by the LORD's hand.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him, to shew unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John.

The visions in which John saw, were those things he had a front row seat to view, being the messager by the Word, for the Apocalyse of the endtimes.

Only 2 churches, God is pleased with, those two churches are established today, and still teach the TRUTH of God's Word, the others have failed.

Will continue later.... 

In Christ,

Nancy

The Revelation does not say that the 7 golden lampstands are the seven Churches (of Asia). The original Greek says the 7 golden lampstands are seven Churches (of the future).

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2012 - 6:38PM #873
theinterpreter

Jul 10, 2012 -- 6:01PM, Ken wrote:

Jul 10, 2012 -- 5:09PM, theinterpreter wrote:

The Revelation clearly states that the antichrist is a man.

Yes, it does. Nancy's view is heretical.

Wow, we agree for once.

Babylon the great whore is clearly Moscow which sits on 7 hills and 5 seas. She is the mother of other whores (i.e., atheist nations). It may also be that Moscow is on the wrong side in the Battle of Ar Mageddon, now unfolding. (Mosocw has supplied the arms to the evil dictator in Syria, and arms other Muslim regimes). 

Atheism is good, and Moscow isn't the mother of it. Babylon is Rome.

Moscow is the mother of all atheist nations. Babylon cannot be Rome because Rome does not sit on many waters. Pagan Rome was the 6th head of the beast. The Church of Rome is one of the 7 golden lampstands. The Holy Roman Empire is likely the 2nd horseman.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2012 - 7:31PM #874
Ken

Jul 11, 2012 -- 6:38PM, theinterpreter wrote:

Jul 10, 2012 -- 6:01PM, Ken wrote:

Babylon is Rome.

Moscow is the mother of all atheist nations. Babylon cannot be Rome because Rome does not sit on many waters.

It used to. Remember the aqueducts? There were nine of them by the late first century CE, and each of them was called an aqua (water).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aqueducts_...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2012 - 8:55PM #875
TPaine

Jul 11, 2012 -- 6:23PM, theinterpreter wrote:

The Revelation does not say that the 7 golden lampstands are the seven Churches (of Asia). The original Greek says the 7 golden lampstands are seven Churches (of the future).

Yes it does, but you have to take the chapter in it's totality. In Revelation 1:10-11 Jesus says to John

10. εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
11. λεγουσης εγω ειμι το α και το ω ο πρωτος και ο εσχατος και ο βλεπεις γραψον εις βιβλιον και πεμψον ταις {VAR2: επτα } εκκλησιαις ταις εν ασια εις εφεσον και εις σμυρναν και εις περγαμον και εις θυατειρα και εις σαρδεις και εις φιλαδελφειαν και εις λαοδικειαν

10. I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet,
11. saying, "Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea."

In Revelation 1:20 Jesus explains to John that the seven stars are the angels (leaders) of the seven lampstands (churches) John is to write to.

20. το μυστηριον των επτα αστερων ων ειδες επι της δεξιας μου και τας επτα λυχνιας τας χρυσας οι επτα αστερες αγγελοι των επτα εκκλησιων εισιν και αι επτα λυχνιαι ας ειδες επτα εκκλησιαι εισιν

"As for the mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

In chapters two and three Jesus tells John what to write to each angel (leader).

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2012 - 9:09PM #876
TPaine

Jul 11, 2012 -- 6:38PM, theinterpreter wrote:

Moscow is the mother of all atheist nations. Babylon cannot be Rome because Rome does not sit on many waters. Pagan Rome was the 6th head of the beast. The Church of Rome is one of the 7 golden lampstands. The Holy Roman Empire is likely the 2nd horseman.

Neither the Soviet Union nor Russia was ever an atheist nation. Churches were always allowed there and many of the people went to them. The leaders were atheists, but so was Slobodan Milošević, but most of the people of Serbia were not. As Ken said that when you consider the aqueducts of Rome it did sit on 7 waters. Moscow does not. As Voltaire wrote, the so-called Holy Roman Empire is neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 12, 2012 - 10:26AM #877
NjoyAADAirbrush

Jul 10, 2012 -- 12:02PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote: WARNING: BE ADVISED, BIBLICAL EXPOSURE, SPIRITUAL NUDITY! FOR SPIRITUALLY MATURE AUDIENCES! Interpreter, Hitler is a dead human, I'm sure that God holds him in responsibility for the atrocities that he performed on the human race, along with Stalin and Mossulini, etc., there have always been evil leaders since the beginning. Nothing new under the sun! But they are NOT Antichrist! Although your forgot Mao Zedong, Pol Pot, and Slobodan Milošević you are right. None of these people be the Antichrist. Jul 10, 2012 -- 12:02PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote: Antichrist on the other hand is that fallen cherub that protected the mercy seat of Almighty God, he wanted to possess it, and tried to overthrow it, and failed miserably! Since then, God decided and will allow Satan to have that which he desires and at that same time, test out His children, to see who knows the difference between Him (God) and Satan ( Antichrist or instead of Jesus). Now Satan cannot be killed by anyone, because he is supernatural, neither can his angels, ONLY God Almighty can cause him to perish, for Satan / Antichrist was created immortal as all of us "in the spirit being" are! If you don't understand put it on the shelf. No one has perished, since the very beginning, sure flesh humans die, but the spirit within just returns to God Who gave it, reference Ecclesiastes 12:6-7. Ecclesiastes 12:6-7 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern. ( all these represent the flesh vessel or human body) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God Who gave it.

TPAine asks: Why would an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent God need a mythological being to protect his/her mercy seat?

NjoyREPLY>>>>>Because God Almighty, the Creator of all, created all His children with FREEWILL, knowing what comes with that is the chance of rebellion, and hate, as well as, the opportunity to have children who truly love you! God knows He cannot buy or force anyone to Truly Love Him, therefore He (God) decided to create children with FREEWILL!

Satan at onetime was very good, and acheived a great deal from his goodness, as written of in Ezekiel 28, until inquity was found in him. Satan / Tyrus decided to love himself, instead of God, he wanted God's throne for himself; and so God will allow it, for a short time! God created Satan just as He created all of us, just that Satan earn his ranking, and became a cherub, in the same ranking as Michael, until he fell from grace!

Whisper01 stated, That Jesus is also a dead human, in comparison to my remark about Hitler being a mere dead human.

The difference is this, Christ was resurrected completely, no remains were ever found; all that was left was the linen and the napkin, with His image finely burned into the cloth as He resurrected or transfigured through the linen. The depth of which the image is on the cloth is exact throughout the image on the Shroud of Turin, no paint or powder could leave such accurate depth, powder would have disappeared after a miniscual amount of time, and paint would leave a variance of depth in paint throughout the image. I know because I paint, even airbrush has a great variance of depth in t-shirts and all other materials! Let alone the fact that the cloth possesses plant material found only in Jerusalem area of the Middle East. Another fact, the piece of cloth that STURP tested wasn't even from the actual linen of the Shroud, but instead the piece of cloth used to sew up the burned holes from the fire melting the metal of the box hinges the Shroud was in , which burned through the Shroud, that cloth was dated to the 1200's, which is when the incident occurred. The vanillian dating of 2005 on the actual linen dated between 3000-1500 years old, a much more accurate dating than the carbon. Let alone, another fact, there is a painting much older than the 1200's that depicted the Shroud of Turin with a heirloom stitch, which was identified as being used in the time of Christ in the Jerusalem region of Israel, which is how the Shroud was stitched. All amazing FACTS!

In Christ,

Nancy

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 12, 2012 - 12:10PM #878
TPaine

Jul 12, 2012 -- 10:26AM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

TPAine asks: Why would an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent God need a mythological being to protect his/her mercy seat?

NjoyREPLY>>>>>Because God Almighty, the Creator of all, created all His children with FREEWILL, knowing what comes with that is the chance of rebellion, and hate, as well as, the opportunity to have children who truly love you! God knows He cannot buy or force anyone to Truly Love Him, therefore He (God) decided to create children with FREEWILL!

That doesn't answer my question. Maybe you misunderstood it. An omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent deity would not need a guard. (S)he would easily be able to guard it with no need of help from cherubs or angels. Any claim that a deity could not do so disparages that deity.

Satan at onetime was very good, and acheived a great deal from his goodness, as written of in Ezekiel 28, until inquity was found in him. Satan / Tyrus decided to love himself, instead of God, he wanted God's throne for himself; and so God will allow it, for a short time! God created Satan just as He created all of us, just that Satan earn his ranking, and became a cherub, in the same ranking as Michael, until he fell from grace!

In chapter 28 Ezekiel was writing about Ithobaal III (Hebrew Ethbaal III), the King of Tyre (591/0-573/2 BCE) at the time of the first fall of Jerusalem, not Satan. There never was a King named Tyrus. Job 1:6-12 shows Satan doing his assigned job as adversery, accuser, or prosecutor who acted strictly under the orders of God.

6  Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and [b]Satan also came among them. 7 The Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?” Then Satan answered the Lord and said, “ From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it.” 8 The Lord said to Satan, “Have you [c]considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, [d]fearing God and turning away from evil.” 9 Then Satan answered the [e]Lord, “Does Job fear God for nothing? 10  Have You not made a hedge about him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. 11  But put forth Your hand now and touch all that he has; he will surely curse You to Your face.” 12 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your [f]power, only do not put forth your hand on him.” So Satan departed from the presence of the Lord.
b. I.e. the adversary, and so throughout chs 1 and 2
c. Lit set your heart to
d. Or revering
e. Lit Lord and said
f. Lit hand (NASB)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 12, 2012 - 1:13PM #879
Whisper01

Whisper01 stated, That Jesus is also a dead human, in comparison to my remark about Hitler being a mere dead human.

I wrote that? Hmmmm... Doesn't sound like me at all. You sure?

The difference is this, Christ was resurrected completely, no remains were ever found; all that was left was the linen and the napkin, with His image finely burned into the cloth as He resurrected or transfigured through the linen.

Finely burned? Can you substantiate that? Exactly what type of "burning" does resurrection have upon a linen and a napkin? How many examples of this do you have to compare your theory to? None? One example can not be substantiated by itself.

If star treck has taught me anything its that there is no burning when being "beemed".

:-)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 12, 2012 - 2:55PM #880
LeahOne

Whisper, I have to tell you - I think certan comments you made 'elsewhere' were very accurate in describing who fell off the 'courtesy' coach and how badly......  Yes, I know that's off topic, sorry!

I have to chuckle - it's a bad day indeed when we're finding ourselves missing Timmy!  I hope he makes enough of a recovery to have a chance at having a real life.

Given that 'the end of days' will be in YHVH's Time, I can't see the point in poking and prodding and torturing one's Scripture in order to figure out just when or how it will all come down.  That's not going to change anything, or make a difference to anyone.  And any 'conversions' due to fear of 'Hell' OR 'annihilation' are not a true change of heart, so they will all be useless and worthless.

Whether or not the whole world ends, folks - any of our lives might, today or tomorrow.  We'd each be well-advised to hurry to do something nice for someone, and to postpone any acts of fear or hatred......  JMHO! 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 88 of 238  •  Prev 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 238 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook