Page 46 of 238  •  Prev 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 238 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Apocalypse and Apostasy
2 years ago  ::  May 28, 2012 - 5:13PM #451
Ken

May 28, 2012 -- 4:52PM, theinterpreter wrote:

I have proven that the Revelation is 100 % true (so far).

And yet every single time you post, several of us pop up and prove you wrong. We don't just cast doubt on your interpretations. We smash them and scatter the pieces to the four winds.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 28, 2012 - 5:27PM #452
TPaine

No, you have failed to prove anything. All your so-called proof has been discredited by more than one of us here. The first thing you have to do is come up with some actual evidence that John of Patmos didn't write the whole thing himself and then claimed to have been told what to write by some supernatural power. Then you have to prove that the Bible is the true "Word of God" and other books whose followers make the same claim such as the Qur'an, the Avesta, or the Alkitab Alaqdas are not. Be sure to remember that evidence means more than just your saying so. You have to present actual facts, not your opinions.

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 28, 2012 - 5:37PM #453
Namchuck

theinterpreter:

"I have proven that the Revelation is 100% true (so far)."

You have done no such thing. In fact, I'm not aware that you've "proven" a single one of your claims!

Why would anybody take seriously the disturbed writings of an ancient author who believed that the Earth was flat?

Moderated by Adelphe on May 28, 2012 - 07:56PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 28, 2012 - 5:46PM #454
G.flower

May 28, 2012 -- 4:54PM, mainecaptain wrote:

No, you have not.

All theinterpreter has proved beyond any doubt is that he is ignorant of history, the bible and is unable to grasp how to search for information on the internet.

Aside from that he has also proven that he is unable to assemilate new information or change any of his misconceptions even when he is proven wrong.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 28, 2012 - 6:05PM #455
Namchuck

May 28, 2012 -- 5:46PM, G.flower wrote:

May 28, 2012 -- 4:54PM, mainecaptain wrote:

No, you have not.

All theinterpreter has proved beyond any doubt is that he is ignorant of history, the bible and is unable to grasp how to search for information on the internet.

Aside from that he has also proven that he is unable to assemilate new information or change any of his misconceptions even when he is proven wrong.

Yes, all the elements of the dogmatist.

Moderated by Adelphe on May 28, 2012 - 07:57PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 29, 2012 - 8:41AM #456
Sacrificialgoddess

May 28, 2012 -- 4:47PM, theinterpreter wrote:

May 27, 2012 -- 11:03PM, Ken wrote:

May 27, 2012 -- 9:27PM, theinterpreter wrote:

May 27, 2012 -- 2:42PM, Ken wrote:

That depends on who you mean by "they." Educated Greeks and Romans had known for several hundred years that the world was round, but we aren't sure how pervasive that knowledge was. The average peasant no doubt thought it was flat. John of Patmos does not appear to have been either highly educated or a grunting peasant. He may have thought it was flat.

What difference does it make if John thought the world was flat? God knew that the earth is round, and the Revelation is primarily meant for future generations.

God didn't write Revelation.  In fact, I think it may be blasphemous to suggest that he did, because it would mean he was one of the worst writers who ever wrote. Let's face it, Revelation is piss-poor literature. It's a farrago of pretentious, woozy, incoherent nonsense from beginning to end.

It is far from incoherent nonsense. It is a brilliant masterpiece that proves that God exists.

Huck Finn is  a brilliant masterpiece. Revelations is mushroom inspired drivel.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 29, 2012 - 8:58AM #457
theinterpreter

May 28, 2012 -- 5:27PM, TPaine wrote:

No, you have failed to prove anything. All your so-called proof has been discredited by more than one of us here. The first thing you have to do is come up with some actual evidence that John of Patmos didn't write the whole thing himself and then claimed to have been told what to write by some supernatural power. Then you have to prove that the Bible is the true "Word of God" and other books whose followers make the same claim such as the Qur'an, the Avesta, or the Alkitab Alaqdas are not. Be sure to remember that evidence means more than just your saying so. You have to present actual facts, not your opinions.

The entire Bible is not the word of God. Paul taught lies and I have ripped his writings from my Bible. I said that unlike many other books of the Bible, the Revelation was given to us directly by God. And I can prove it. In all four Gospels, Jesus says one of the disciples would live to see Him Return. And in John's Gospel, John is identified as the one disciple who would live to see Jesus return. In 95 or 96 AD when John and Jesus were about 100 years old, Jesus returned and gave John the Revelation, which was given to Jesus by God. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 29, 2012 - 11:26AM #458
Ken

May 29, 2012 -- 8:58AM, theinterpreter wrote:

The entire Bible is not the word of God. Paul taught lies and I have ripped his writings from my Bible. I said that unlike many other books of the Bible, the Revelation was given to us directly by God. And I can prove it. In all four Gospels, Jesus says one of the disciples would live to see Him Return. And in John's Gospel, John is identified as the one disciple who would live to see Jesus return. In 95 or 96 AD when John and Jesus were about 100 years old, Jesus returned and gave John the Revelation, which was given to Jesus by God. 

Where does Jesus say in each of the Gospels that one of the disciples would live to see his return? Exact quotes, please.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 29, 2012 - 3:14PM #459
TPaine

May 29, 2012 -- 8:58AM, theinterpreter wrote:

You call that proof? The so-called Gospel of John was not written by the disciple John, son of Zebedee. It was written in about 90 CE by a native Greek speaker who lived in a Johannine community in Asia Minor made up of Messianic Jews who had been told to leave the Synagogue due to their Messianic beliefs. That was the cause of the Anti-Semitic language of the book. Revelation was also not written by John, son of Zebedee. John of Patmos was also a Messianic Jew from Asia Minor who had been exiled to the Island of Patmos by the Romans. The writing styles of the two books are totally different and could not have been written by the same author. As Ken asked please show us one place in any of the gospels that one disciple would see him after his Ascension. All four gospels are pseudepigraphic, as are the three books of John.

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 29, 2012 - 4:08PM #460
mainecaptain

Not to be mean, but I sincerely doubt many know what the word  "pseudepigraphic" actually means. Especially some one who considers the bible one book,inerrant and either written by or inspired by their god.

And if they (generic) do, they (generic) are unlikely to believe it. No matter how much proof there is. :(

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 46 of 238  •  Prev 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 238 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook