Page 2 of 238  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 238 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Apocalypse and Apostasy
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 12:48PM #11
G.flower

Apr 15, 2012 -- 12:38PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

Only 2 churches, God is pleased with, those two churches are established today, and still teach the TRUTH of God's Word, the others have failed.

See? She won't name her church.

Only *gasp* two churches are on her god's good list I bet those two are the ones who agree with her. Isn't it odd how that is? I bet they are both on the Federal Governments watch list for hate organizations too.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 1:16PM #12
Ken

Only 2 churches, God is pleased with, those two churches are established today, and still teach the TRUTH of God's Word, the others have failed.

And those churches are . . . ?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 2:15PM #13
mainecaptain

Apr 15, 2012 -- 10:22AM, G.flower wrote:

I think that if Nancy was happy, did feel that her god was giving her enough, had warm and loving friends and family and pets and laughed every day with the sheer pleasure of being alive then she wouldn't be here trying to spread her brand of poo.

I agree completely. And it interesting that she refuses to name her church. And it is disturbing yet amusing that she thinks she knows the mind of her god. That he only approves of her two unnamed churches.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 3:37PM #14
TPaine

Apr 14, 2012 -- 12:42PM, NjoyAADAirbrush wrote:

What is the Apocalypse? It is the Greek word for "Revelation," Strong's Concordance Greek Dictionary word # 602 Apokalupsis, from word #601; disclosure:-appearing, coming, lighten, manifestation, be revealed, REVELATION.

We can agree on the definition of apocalypse at least.

We are in the time of Revelation, which was prophesied by Jesus Christ through John the Revelator.

On what do you base your claim that Jesus prophesied through John of Patmos? Is it because John said it was? His so-called revelation was written for the people who were living at the time the Book was written at the end of the first century CE. Actually there were several apocalypses written by early Christians. For instance there was The Shepherd of Hermas, The Apocalypse of Peter, The Apocalypse of Paul, The Secret Book of John, On The Origin Of The World, The First Thought In Three Forms, and The Hymn Of The Pearl.

Therefore, the Book of Revelation, is the Topic of discussion.

You keep forgetting this is a multi-faith, not a Christian, forum. That means the end times myths of all religions can be topics.

Jesus Christ, took John in the spirit to the time, before during and after the LORD's DAY.

According to John that's what happened, but John saying it doesn't make it true. What other evidence to you have that what John said actually took place?

Revelation is all encompassing, from: Religion, Economics, Politics, and Education, the 4 hidden dynasties that CONTROL the masses of People,= or as Revelation calls them: the waters, or sea.

That is what you believe, but every religion has its own eschatology. None of us have any way of knowing which one if any are true.

First of all, these are things I have studied, through my church, and on my own, take it or leave it. This is a subject that will cover END TIMES and the prophesies that are being fulfilled DAILY!

The problem is, you have no way of knowing if anything you believe is true concerning the end times. You might believe it is, but you have no proof. It could be that you're leading those who believe your messages are true and therefore follow them down a one way road to Hell.

I am NOT proselyzing, just relaying the message!

That's exactly what you're doing. Nancy. Proselytize is defined as

proselytize -- verb (used with object), verb (used without object), proselytized, proselytizing.
to convert or attempt to convert as a proselyte;  recruit.
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2012.

Those who know how I write, know it will be from a Biblical point of view, therefore, if you don't want to read it, then DON'T! Turn the page to another thread!

That would make it easy for you, wouldn't it? Since this a multi-faith discussion forum I think I'll stay right here and make sure those who read these threads are exposed to a contrary view.

Before we go further into this subject, will address "Apostasy," because it is the MAIN INGREDIENT concerning the Apocalypse!

Apostasy, Strong's Concordance Greek Dictionary word #646 "apostasia," deflection from the truth, falling away, forsake.

In the English, King James Version, the words are "falling away," which comes from "2 Thessalonians 2:3," concerning the LORD's DAY, being that big part of Revelation or Apocalypse!

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethern, by the coming of our LORD Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto Him.

*Directly concerning the LORD's Day!

2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter, as from us, as that day of Christ is at hand.

2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall NOT COME, except there come a FALLING AWAY first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition,

2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the Temple of God shewing himself that he is God.

The Falling Away is Apostasy, meaning to deflect from one's own faith, by falling away from it, and into another.

You write about how bad apostasy is yet your message is geared to get people to become apostates to their own faith. Don't you see any hypocrisy there?

Where does it take place, from the Temple Mount, in Jerusalem!

The Temple Mount in Jerusalem only has religious significance for the three Abrahamic religions. The vast majority of people in the world couldn't care less about it.

Antichrist will cause the apostasy, for the whole world will fall away from their faith in Jesus, Buddha, Caliphate, Mishra, etc., etc. and into the arms of the false messiah which is none other than Satan, called the Devil, great dragon and that old serpent, all names and titles, that fallen cherub goes by.

People who don't believe in an Antichrist certainly won't fall for his shenanigans. I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I'm smart enough not to fall for some false self-proclaimed Messiah.

Hollywood portrays total chaos, and the earth blowing up, and horrid doomsday scenerio. 

Which is a lie, for the most part, and an overwhelming portrayal of deception!

2012 Was based on the Mayan calandar, not the Christian apocalypse. It was a fictional movie that was not intended to fool people.

When Antichrist is here, it will seem like 'heaven on earth," if you worship the Antichrist, as he looks like, one thinks Jesus does, and he'll imposter Christ with great detail. None of this killing and maming; but instead by flatteries, love, peace and prosperty for all.

The world will be tested. Who will pass the test and who will fail?

Logically, most of those who fail will be Christians because those who follow other religions don't believe the stories about some being pretending to be a person who claims to create heaven on earth.

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 4:07PM #15
mainecaptain

Makes one worry,  that anyone might consider Hollywood movies to be anything but entertainment or attempted entertainment. Because entertainment is all they are intended to be, not spiritual guidance.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 4:14PM #16
Ken

Apr 15, 2012 -- 4:07PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Makes one worry,  that anyone might consider Hollywood movies to be anything but entertainment or attempted entertainment. Because entertainment is all they are intended to be, not spiritual guidance.

And half the time they aren't even entertaining.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 7:12PM #17
mainecaptain

Apr 15, 2012 -- 4:14PM, Ken wrote:

Apr 15, 2012 -- 4:07PM, mainecaptain wrote:

And half the time they aren't even entertaining.

This unfortunately is true Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 7:41PM #18
Namchuck

LOL, I see, my Nemisi are alive and well....good for them!

Your "Nemisi", Nancy, is truth, reason, and logic.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 4:03PM #19
Ken

LOL, I see, my Nemisi are alive and well....good for them!

"Nemisi" isn't a word. The singular is nemesis; the plural is nemeses.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 8:45PM #20
wohali

Nancy:

"Antichrist will cause the apostasy, for the whole world will fall away from their faith in Jesus, Buddha, Caliphate, Mishra, etc., etc."

As has been explained to you previously, no one "believes" in the Caliphate, it is a poloitical position like governor. And who the hell is "Mishra"?

"and into the arms of the false messiah which is none other than Satan, called the Devil, great dragon and that old serpent, all names and titles, that fallen cherub goes by."

Satan hangs-out with God, if you read the Bible.

"Hollywood portrays total chaos, and the earth blowing up, and horrid doomsday scenerio."

Yeah, and they portray Cherokee in war bonnets. So? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 238  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 238 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook