Page 238 of 238  •  Prev 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238
Switch to Forum Live View Apocalypse and Apostasy
5 months ago  ::  Mar 08, 2014 - 12:43PM #2371
Whisper01

G. Flower makes a good point!

Continue in faith but be suspect of all things that influence you - speak to you. It might be wise to seek out some professional help for hearing voices in ones head. Be suspect of voices, but give them the benefit of the doubt at the same time as they might very be "you" speaking to you? 

Move slowly and seek out all reasons for such voices or desires. Inspect them, look at them, test them. Don't take any voice or desire as "absolute" without constant testing. Maybe your telling yourself wonderful things, may not? 

Think, think, think...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 months ago  ::  Mar 08, 2014 - 4:09PM #2372
BelieveinJC1

Thank you both for the replies. I really don't think i need proffessional help but can appreciate your interest in why that would be said. I think it would be the same approach i would take at someone saying the same thing. The problem is I have really closed myself off from any influence from them and now only have a few strange things that happen to me once and again.

I really see it almost as a gift and a curse at the same time. Trust me i really think it sounds crazy too. This is why speaking on forums is the best way for me. When the entire situation happened years back the strange part about everything that was happening was there were alot of witnesses besides private visits the angels were paying me. The strange thing about a couple of the circumstances was that angels visited me while a few others were around and they actually blacked out during the circumstances.

I really have no idea, they have no idea either and i look at them and myself as completely normal people. It happened multiple times and with different groups. Since writing those pages I destroyed them and somehow rewrote them all again It isnt even my hand writing and all the grammar etc was perfect and legible.

Basically it seemed like intstructions, it says all the churches will unite. It says how to prepare for the second coming, it tells important messages to retain faith and how to overcome hardships that will happen. It gives references to other points made in the new testament and says to follow the words written in Corinthians etc etc etc. I could begin typing it here but its very long.

It goes into saying things like churches who have created their own beliefs must return to the original words of christ and how if they are just in creating belief then they should still be practiced.

It talks of building new churches to secure beliefs and make our hearts stronger and they will be protective shelters for the true believers.

It gives specific instructions how to help the lost people, avoid false testimonies, false preists, how to prepare yourself for the trials and tribulations of the second coming.

I really couldnt find anything bad or misleading in the entire thing. I havent been told anything to my knowledge of anything bad or to do bad. It seems like the only thing was to truly believe in christ, help unite the churches and love and care for everyone while teaching and protecting them from the bad things.

I really have no idea but i was told i would have to do this or i would not be happy until it was done. I was told i would be protected until the day i completed my task. until then i would see the ability to become great but always faulter at the last moment..

Recently i just lost my job and was at the top part of the company i worked for, I seem to always go very far but no matter what I am cursed to fail at the last minute. I can only really pin it on this. I see myself as a very intelligent capable person, and everyone around me including myself knows im not crazy. So i really dont know what to do other than what i am told at this point.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 months ago  ::  Mar 08, 2014 - 4:26PM #2373
Namchuck

Mar 8, 2014 -- 4:09PM, BelieveinJC1 wrote:

Thank you both for the replies. I really don't think i need proffessional help but can appreciate your interest in why that would be said. I think it would be the same approach i would take at someone saying the same thing. The problem is I have really closed myself off from any influence from them and now only have a few strange things that happen to me once and again.

I really see it almost as a gift and a curse at the same time. Trust me i really think it sounds crazy too. This is why speaking on forums is the best way for me. When the entire situation happened years back the strange part about everything that was happening was there were alot of witnesses besides private visits the angels were paying me. The strange thing about a couple of the circumstances was that angels visited me while a few others were around and they actually blacked out during the circumstances.

I really have no idea, they have no idea either and i look at them and myself as completely normal people. It happened multiple times and with different groups. Since writing those pages I destroyed them and somehow rewrote them all again It isnt even my hand writing and all the grammar etc was perfect and legible.

Basically it seemed like intstructions, it says all the churches will unite. It says how to prepare for the second coming, it tells important messages to retain faith and how to overcome hardships that will happen. It gives references to other points made in the new testament and says to follow the words written in Corinthians etc etc etc. I could begin typing it here but its very long.

It goes into saying things like churches who have created their own beliefs must return to the original words of christ and how if they are just in creating belief then they should still be practiced.

It talks of building new churches to secure beliefs and make our hearts stronger and they will be protective shelters for the true believers.

It gives specific instructions how to help the lost people, avoid false testimonies, false preists, how to prepare yourself for the trials and tribulations of the second coming.

I really couldnt find anything bad or misleading in the entire thing. I havent been told anything to my knowledge of anything bad or to do bad. It seems like the only thing was to truly believe in christ, help unite the churches and love and care for everyone while teaching and protecting them from the bad things.

I really have no idea but i was told i would have to do this or i would not be happy until it was done. I was told i would be protected until the day i completed my task. until then i would see the ability to become great but always faulter at the last moment..

Recently i just lost my job and was at the top part of the company i worked for, I seem to always go very far but no matter what I am cursed to fail at the last minute. I can only really pin it on this. I see myself as a very intelligent capable person, and everyone around me including myself knows im not crazy. So i really dont know what to do other than what i am told at this point.

I agree with G.flower that you should seek out some professional help. I think I may have suggested the same in an ealier post.

But what you certainly don't need is 'faith', which is merely the pretense to know things that one doesn't actually know, which is anything but an aide to good mental health.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 months ago  ::  Mar 08, 2014 - 4:47PM #2374
BelieveinJC1

When i said faith i was refering to keeping strong allegiance to god and having a never evending belief no matter what the outcome. I really am uplifted by this entire thing and was only told to share information. if that is all it is then it sounds fine to me.

I honestly dont think there is a mental condition that relates to this, when it initially happened i saw alot of people and even went to speak with a psycologist and psychiatrist. I wasnt drinking or taking drugs or medication at the time and im not now either.

There is really no true explanation for it all. Im not depressed, not suicidal, do not want to harm myself or others and would sit through an entire therapy session if needed to try and discover the problem. the fact is there were far too many events in that period of time which to me and others were truly un explainable.

The only thing me or anyone else could say about it was truly amazing. My problem is if i pursue this then i will have to dedicate to it completly. As a man it just seems like a huge impossible challange.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 months ago  ::  Mar 08, 2014 - 5:30PM #2375
G.flower

Mar 8, 2014 -- 4:47PM, BelieveinJC1 wrote:

When i said faith i was refering to keeping strong allegiance to god and having a never evending belief no matter what the outcome. I really am uplifted by this entire thing and was only told to share information. if that is all it is then it sounds fine to me.

I honestly dont think there is a mental condition that relates to this, when it initially happened i saw alot of people and even went to speak with a psycologist and psychiatrist. I wasnt drinking or taking drugs or medication at the time and im not now either.

There is really no true explanation for it all. Im not depressed, not suicidal, do not want to harm myself or others and would sit through an entire therapy session if needed to try and discover the problem. the fact is there were far too many events in that period of time which to me and others were truly un explainable.

The only thing me or anyone else could say about it was truly amazing. My problem is if i pursue this then i will have to dedicate to it completly. As a man it just seems like a huge impossible challange.

If you aren't going to get help (which I think you should), you might start posting on a Christian forum then because few of us here are Christians andI for one don't welcome preaching disguised as sharing what the angels are telling you to do. Another name for that is proselytizing.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 months ago  ::  Mar 08, 2014 - 5:46PM #2376
BelieveinJC1

My apologies, It wasnt my intention to upset anyone or push my beliefs on anyone. I do appreciate the support, responses, and direction from all.thank you for the help, open ears, and guidance.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 months ago  ::  Mar 08, 2014 - 6:07PM #2377
G.flower

Mar 8, 2014 -- 5:46PM, BelieveinJC1 wrote:

My apologies, It wasnt my intention to upset anyone or push my beliefs on anyone. I do appreciate the support, responses, and direction from all.thank you for the help, open ears, and guidance.

I'm not upset. I've offered my honest opinion of what I think you should do and you've rejected it, which is, of course, your right. If you wish, as you seem to do, to discuss your visions from the gods/demi-gods of your religion, it seems to me that the Christian forum is more appropriate. It is also where you might find support and fellowship about your visions, too.

I'll add what Whisper said - explore and enjoy your faith and beliefs or lack therein, as should we all.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 months ago  ::  Mar 08, 2014 - 8:05PM #2378
Namchuck

Mar 8, 2014 -- 5:46PM, BelieveinJC1 wrote:

No need to apologize, BelieveinJC1, but I would encourage you to examine and jettison faith as it has proven itself beyond dispute to be the greatest obstacle to right-thinking and a flourishing healthy mind. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 238 of 238  •  Prev 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook