Post Reply
Switch to Forum Live View The Great Green Arkleseizure
2 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 2:43PM #1
wohali
Posts: 10,227

The Jatravartid People of Viltvodle Six firmly believe that the entire universe was sneezed out of the nose of a being called The Great Green Arkleseizure. They live in perpetual fear of the time they call The Coming Of The Great White Handkerchief.


Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 3:05PM #2
Ken
Posts: 33,860

Mar 16, 2012 -- 2:43PM, wohali wrote:


The Jatravartid People of Viltvodle Six firmly believe that the entire universe was sneezed out of the nose of a being called The Great Green Arkleseizure. They live in perpetual fear of the time they call The Coming Of The Great White Handkerchief.




That's the view of one sect. Another sect fears the Coming of the Gigantic Paper Tissue, another awaits the Coming of the Ineffable Back of the Great Green Arkleseizure's Hand; and a third says the Great Green Arkleseizure is a slob and won't ever wipe his nose. They've fought wars over this.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 4:04PM #3
wohali
Posts: 10,227

Those other sects are all apostate and are speaking blasphemy!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 6:35PM #4
TPaine
Posts: 9,039

Mar 16, 2012 -- 4:04PM, wohali wrote:


Those other sects are all apostate and are speaking blasphemy!



Thou preacheth heresy! All true believers know that the Ultimate Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything is 42.

"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast its constitution and its government." -- Thomas Paine: The Rights Of Man (1791)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 8:30PM #5
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,656

Mar 16, 2012 -- 6:35PM, TPaine wrote:


Mar 16, 2012 -- 4:04PM, wohali wrote:


Those other sects are all apostate and are speaking blasphemy!



Thou preacheth heresy! All true believers know that the Ultimate Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything is 42.




Oh pooh, I thought it was 33......darn it!!!!...grumble grumble...

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2012 - 1:27PM #6
TPaine
Posts: 9,039

Mar 16, 2012 -- 8:30PM, mainecaptain wrote:


Mar 16, 2012 -- 6:35PM, TPaine wrote:


Mar 16, 2012 -- 4:04PM, wohali wrote:


Those other sects are all apostate and are speaking blasphemy!



Thou preacheth heresy! All true believers know that the Ultimate Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything is 42.



Oh pooh, I thought it was 33......darn it!!!!...grumble grumble...



Herman Cain thought it was 999. Turn that over and you can see where he was coming from. Laughing

"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast its constitution and its government." -- Thomas Paine: The Rights Of Man (1791)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2012 - 2:25PM #7
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,656

You are a little stinkerTongue Out

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2012 - 8:43AM #8
JRT
Posts: 338

I agree that it is 42 and the reason is a bicycle because a vest has no sleeves.

the floggings will continue until morale improves
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2012 - 11:41AM #9
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,656

ROTFLOL!!!!!

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2012 - 4:04PM #10
wohali
Posts: 10,227

Proof:  uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=...


At least for creationists............

Quick Reply
Cancel
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook