Page 37 of 103  •  Prev 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 103 Next
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 6:45AM #361
Timothy

Mar 26, 2012 -- 7:31PM, Whisper01 wrote:

2. Taxes are cut in an attempt to increase the American populations spending of money. With low taxes the rate of spending is proposed to increase. With the increase in spending the # of jobs increase as production increases to fullfill demand. With increase in jobs and more money spend the revenue of the government increases without even increaseing taxes as their is more money to tax and ergo more revenue. With more money in revenue from more money spent "if" the governmnet will not increase budget programs from where they are now then the excess money left over after all the bills are paid is used to throw at the debt. It is the same formula for people who want to pay off debt in many cases. One can spend less and ergo save money to throw at ones debt or one can actually spend more to increase ones profitability and then pay that increase in profit at the debt. Many a business will opt for the second way as one has to "spend money to make money".

If that theory was correct then the US would have a multi trillion surpus right now not a multi trillion debt because taxes have been going down since George W Bush came into office. How low do taxes have to actually get before this magical tax reduction = revenue increase effect actually starts happening?

It'll never happen. It's a delusion. The economy is only going to grow to a limited extent because there is a limit to how many goods and services people want. Reducing taxes isn't increasing revenue now and it isn't going to in the future.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 8:39AM #362
Whisper01

Mar 28, 2012 -- 6:45AM, Timothy wrote:

If that theory was correct then the US would have a multi trillion surpus right now not a multi trillion debt because taxes have been going down since George W Bush came into office. How low do taxes have to actually get before this magical tax reduction = revenue increase effect actually starts happening?

It'll never happen. It's a delusion. The economy is only going to grow to a limited extent because there is a limit to how many goods and services people want. Reducing taxes isn't increasing revenue now and it isn't going to in the future.

Oh Timmy, I see you are a novice in econmics. You don't know that lowering taxes is a way to raise revenue, that's entertaining to watch but not realistic (I know, knowbody can see reality for what it is so that word is meaningless to you). In any huge mathmatical construct, like economics, every part of the whole has an impact and the power of those impacts changes all the time. A nations economy can be rather simple at times, and horribly complex at others. I stated the "theory" of tax reduction to stimulate the economy is a prooven one, not that it will absolutley work every time. Maybe more time is needed? Maybe it can't work in this instance and another theory is needed to at this time?

There is no "magical" low of taxes that increases the economy as the economy is always changing as are the attempts to get it into action. Reduction of taxes has a long history of success, and failure. But you seem to understand only "Raise taxes" and pay for ones deficit. If one raises taxes to much it stymies the economy. How high is "to high"? Well that changes all the time as the economy changes. I happen to agree that raising taxes is not the way to fix the problem, it's only a short term solution that will raise capital in the short run by stymie the economy and cause further recession in the long run.

But mine is simply an opinion that the government of Bush and Obama have likewise endorsed through thier actions. Its worked and it's not worked. The deficit continues to grow and the problems are bad but should we continue this tact of restoration or should we drop it and try another? Dunno because the problem is so very large and so very complex. Your simple solution might be the one, but I kinda doubt it.

So much for economics and back to WWIII. Shall you explain yourself now on the details of your armaggedon philosophy? So far your blunt and vague suggestions have not formed a picture beyond simple black paint on a canvas! This is your thread after all, will you not delve a bit deeper and show us your brilliance in seeing the end of the world? Or are trolls common in your part of the country side?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 9:20AM #363
G.flower

Mar 28, 2012 -- 3:46AM, Namchuck wrote:

Mar 27, 2012 -- 4:55PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Mar 27, 2012 -- 4:14PM, LeahOne wrote:

You guys are all such delightful rays of sunshine.........

Yes they are LOL.

But the world would be much more peaceful without people.

Or if the only religion was a religion along the lines of Jainism.

Or if neutering was an option. There are several benefits to neutering one's male animals, not the least being that they are so much more mellow and less inclined to fight. I bet there would fewer wars and a lightened load on the prison system.

It's all chemistry, in other words.

I also wonder if some of the fanatics who are hoping their personal god will kill everyone but them would get on some medication, they might have their world view changed right along with their own chemistry and moods.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 9:57AM #364
Timothy

Mar 28, 2012 -- 8:39AM, Whisper01 wrote:

Or are trolls common in your part of the country side?

That's you accusing me of being a troll. That means I'm done with you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 10:19AM #365
G.flower

Mar 28, 2012 -- 9:57AM, Timothy wrote:

Mar 28, 2012 -- 8:39AM, Whisper01 wrote:

Or are trolls common in your part of the country side?

That's you accusing me of being a troll. That means I'm done with you.

Can you be done with the rest of us too? And this silly thread?

I really think that you are "done" with whisper because he tried to give you an ecconomics lesson and you don't want reality to intrude upon your imaginary scenarios.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 10:22AM #366
theinterpreter

Mar 27, 2012 -- 3:54PM, Ken wrote:

Mar 27, 2012 -- 3:06PM, theinterpreter wrote:

Mar 26, 2012 -- 9:49PM, Ken wrote:

Everybody dies in World War III.

Wrong. That happens in WW IV, a thousand years from now. In WW III the bad guys die from giant 250 lb. "hailstones" ( or bombs). (And not necessarily nukes)

World War III will be a nuclear war and everybody will die. There will be no World War IV.

As in the days of Noah and Lot, the bad guys will be taken and the good guys left. I pray that I am "left behind."

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 10:23AM #367
G.flower

Mar 28, 2012 -- 10:22AM, theinterpreter wrote:

Wrong. That happens in WW IV, a thousand years from now. In WW III the bad guys die from giant 250 lb. "hailstones" ( or bombs). (And not necessarily nukes)

World War III will be a nuclear war and everybody will die. There will be no World War IV.

As in the days of Noah and Lot, the bad guys will be taken and the good guys left. I pray that I am "left behind."

In your dreams. I'm serious. You seem to be clinging to imaginary stuff rather than embracing life. I wonder what is going on in your life that is so bad.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 10:32AM #368
Ken

Mar 28, 2012 -- 10:22AM, theinterpreter wrote:

As in the days of Noah and Lot, the bad guys will be taken and the good guys left.

There were no "days of Noah and Lot," and wars never take only the bad and leave only the good. The next world war will kill good and bad alike. You'd better hope there isn't one.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 10:36AM #369
G.flower

Is there really any difference between praying and longing for some religious event to happen and praying a longing for something out of a non-religious book to happen? Is there any difference between believing that if you could just find the right magical wardrobe, you could reach Narnia and believing that a god-like being is going to scoop you up and take you (or take away everyone you don't like) and you will find yourself in a magical world where everything is wonderful and everyone likes you?

I really don't think that there is, even though some adults think one is childish and the other is "real."

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 10:36AM #370
theinterpreter

Mar 27, 2012 -- 3:57PM, Ken wrote:

Mar 27, 2012 -- 3:17PM, theinterpreter wrote:

Mar 27, 2012 -- 2:00AM, Namchuck wrote:

You Christians just love your wars of extermination, don't you?

And what's the point of it all again?

Yes, the bad guys will be exterminated as prophesied, and God's chosen  people will rule the earth in peace for a thousand years..

Everybody will be exterminated, including God's chosen people. The peace that follows will be the peace of death.

I'm a better prophet than you are.

lol

My predictions are based on Bible prophecy, which cannot fail to come true. God will not let His chosen people be exterminated. Israel and the west (led by the US) will win.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 37 of 103  •  Prev 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 103 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook